Old 09-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
tgnemecek
Human being with feelings

Default Emulate Pro Tools Send/Receive

Hello there, first some context: I don't like Pro Tools and I'm not migrating from it, I've been working with Reaper for years now and I'm happy with it.

But one thing I could never managed to do is to create a same track send/receive workflow. For me this is important because when I work with feature films I have to send stems of my tracks, and because the regular Aux in Reaper doesn't return the audio to the original tracks, all tracks are exported without the send effect.

My workaround is to have one aux for each stem group, but sometimes I'm requested to send not stems, but each track separate, and it is out of the question to create an Aux for each track or using the effect as an insert, because that would ruin the processing power.

The closer I got was this: Inside a MIDI track: MIDI VSTi (out) -> 1/2 AND 3/4 (duplicate signal). Track sends 3/4 to project Aux, where it applies Reverb and sends back (1/2 -> 1/2). Because the track is receiving in 1/2, this signal adds to the original VSTi one and the blend is perfect without any feedback issues;
The problem is that when another track does the same, the signal track 1 gets also has content from track 2, because they are processed and mixed in the same Aux.
(oh, and for all this I had to allow routing feedback of course)

Any ideas? Or maybe better workarounds?
Thanks!
tgnemecek is offline   Reply With Quote