Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
Scottsdale
Human being with feelings

Default Accessibility: edit field in Video processor

Hi,

Would it be possible for the box that contains the code for each preset in Video processor to be defined as a standard edit field? The current implementation is navigable via keystrokes in Windows, but is a bit of a bear to input title text and suchlike if you're a screen reader user, because the accessibility API doesn't seem to get updated as you navigate.

As things stand, some blind and low vision folk have already been able to put together videos for Youtube with titling, basic transitions etc, which they're super hyped up about (this has never been possible before). However, that edit field being easier to use would significantly lower the level of geekery required to get in on the action.

On Mac, the edit field is currently invisible to VoiceOver (Apple's screen reader).

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by Scottsdale; 12-04-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Hmm perhaps this would be doable as an option, let me have a think about that (it might be a bit).
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
Scottsdale

I still have Windows screen reader users asking whether this can be fixed up, and unfortunately Mac screen reader users are currently locked out of the party.

Any news, Justin?
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
mattymc2

Hey there.
If anything could be done about this that would be amazing. Clients are all after video these days along with their audio and whilst i can sort of get by with the current implementation its reaaaaaally slow on windows and impossible on mac.
Anything that could be done would be hugely appreciated. At present there are no other ways of truly editing video accessibly for people who are blind or VI.
Cheers
Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm perhaps this would be doable as an option, let me have a think about that (it might be a bit).
mattymc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
dgl1984

Hi. I agree that having the controls in the video processer more standard would be very helpful. Most reaplugs are already, which is very appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymc2 View Post
Hey there.
If anything could be done about this that would be amazing. Clients are all after video these days along with their audio and whilst i can sort of get by with the current implementation its reaaaaaally slow on windows and impossible on mac.
Anything that could be done would be hugely appreciated. At present there are no other ways of truly editing video accessibly for people who are blind or VI.
Cheers
Matt
dgl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:58 AM   #6
ReaProducer

As a Mac user, I’d really like to gain access to this part of the video processor.
ReaProducer is offline   Reply With Quote