Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #41
kgbeat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Again "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vst3\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll" is not a valid path.

Is that really where your EZDrummer.dll files was installed. (I did not use the Toontrack Product Manager, I just ran the installer.)

Could it be that if Reaper finds a VST2 plug-in in the VST3 folder it ignores it.

Also, can you look in your repear-vstplugins.ini file (I cannot recall the exact name) and tell us what it shows in there for EZDrummer?
I've searched extensively for 'reaper-vstplugins.ini and the file it brought up had masses of data but nothing I could see relating to it's location. However in other files I came across this:

vstpath64=C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll

And also this:
[REAPERinst]
jsdata=1
reaper_host32=1
reaper_host64=1
reamote=1
rearoute=0
rewire=1
desktop=1
startmenu=1
assoc=1
rewire2=1

Don't know whether that is of any help or not.

The path C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll is definitely the path that Toontrack Tech told me to use (I've checked and double checked it) and is the only place that an ezdrummer.dll file currently exists. Can you explain for me what part of this path makes it invalid please?
Thanks
kgbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #42
kgbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
You have 2 issues.

1. You keep changing the path to vst3 folder in Reaper to something that isn't going to work. So yes your vst3 will be missing. Use ONLY the path Darkstar told you.

2. It seems there is no VST3 version of EZdrummer2 but the installer defaults to putting the vst2 dll in the VST3 folder for some odd reason.

The VST2 should still run from that folder if you add the correct path but it would be better if you could work out how to install it into a different folder.
1) I have only changed it to where the new ezd installation including the .dll file is located and was confirmed to me by Toontrack Tech support.

2) Yes! I'm waiting to see if I get any further advice from here or Toontrack and then I will re install and try and put it in a different location although I do not remember having that option when I did the re install on Saturday.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #43
mdmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbeat View Post

The path C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll is definitely the path that Toontrack Tech told me to use (I've checked and double checked it) and is the only place that an ezdrummer.dll file currently exists. Can you explain for me what part of this path makes it invalid please?
Thanks
Remove the file name EZdrummer.dll. Valid paths to folders can not include file names.
mdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #44
kgbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmiller View Post
Remove the file name EZdrummer.dll. Valid paths to folders can not include file names.
Ok thanks - didn't know that. I have removed it, re scanned cache etc but Reaper still not seeing EZD
Old 02-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #45
DarkStar

Quote:
I've searched extensively for 'reaper-vstplugins.ini and the file it brought up had masses of data but nothing I could see relating to it's location.
Click [Options] >> select "Show Reaper resource path in Explorer / Finder". The file is in there. find the line that starts: "EZdrummer.dll=" and post that line here.

When you changed that path name did you take off the last \ ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar, on 10 Feb
In the VST path list C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vst3Plugins
is not a valid path; change it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 so that it is that exact name of the path.
Or you could make it "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack" if you want to avoid any other plug-ins in the higher-level folder.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #46
kgbeat

Quote:
M D Miller you have won the prize! I have removed the .dll file from the path as you said and EZDrummer has now showed up in the VSTi folder. Halleluja!!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #47
kgbeat

Quote:
Again "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vst3\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll" is not a valid path.

Is that really where your EZDrummer.dll files was installed. (I did not use the Toontrack Product Manager, I just ran the installer.)

Could it be that if Reaper finds a VST2 plug-in in the VST3 folder it ignores it.

Also, can you look in your repear-vstplugins.ini file (I cannot recall the exact name) and tell us what it shows in there for EZDrummer?
M D Miller told me to remove the .dll file from the end of the path and can you believe.... EZDrummer has now showed up in the VSTi folder and is working fine. Hallelujah!! Thanks again for your help and sorry it got so messy. Much obliged. KGBeat
Old 02-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #48
mdmiller

I'm glad you got it working. Have fun!
mdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #49
kgbeat

Default REAPER HAS NOW FOUND EZDRUMMER!

Thank you everyone who has contributed and helped with this rather illogical problem with vanishing VST3 folders and consequently Reaper not seeing EZDrummer.

The good news is that whilst there is still no sign of the VST3 folders, M D Miller told me to remove the .dll file from the end of the VST3 path - and can you believe....yes, EZDrummer has now shown up in the VSTi folder and is working fine.

I might just go and have a drink. Thank you all again.

KGBeat
Old 02-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #50
DarkStar

Quote:
Quote:
Ok thanks - didn't know that. I have removed it, re scanned cache etc but Reaper still not seeing EZD
Quote:
M D Miller you have won the prize! I have removed the .dll file from the path as you said and EZDrummer has now showed up in the VSTi folder. Halleluja!!
(My underlining!]

Umm, I mentioned that on 10 Feb:
Quote:
In the VST path list C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vst3Plugins is not a valid path; change it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 so that it is that exact name of the path.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #51
kgbeat

Quote:
(My underlining!]

Umm, I mentioned that on 10 Feb:
Sorry DS but I did try that at the time - but that was before I reinstalled EZD. So maybe at the time there was something else amiss - It also seemed to need 'Toontrack' at the end of the path?
Old 02-18-2019, 12:48 PM   #52
Stella645

Quote:
Sorry DS but I did try that at the time - but that was before I reinstalled EZD. So maybe at the time there was something else amiss -
I also advised you yesterday you should use the one Darkstar gave you!

Must be something intrinsically untrustworty about my username or something...lol

Quote:
It also seemed to need 'Toontrack' at the end of the path?
Nope. Again...Darkstar has given you the correct path. Yours may work just for this plug but it won't for any other manufacturers and probably is the reason for your missing VST3 folders.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #53
kgbeat

Default VST 3 Dissapeared FINAL REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
I also advised you yesterday you should use the one Darkstar gave you!

Must be something intrinsically untrustworty about my username or something...lol

Nope. Again...Darkstar has given you the correct path. Yours may work just for this plug but it won't for any other manufacturers and probably is the reason for your missing VST3 folders.
Ok Stella645 and Dark Star...You will be pleased to know (I trust) that having read your post today Andy, I decided to try knocking off the 'toontrack' bit at the end of that path. The result: EZdrummer disappeared from the list - but guess what....the VST3 folders are back! So using my best logic I added an additional path with Toontrack on the end again and now I have them both back. So for me that is a major victory! I assure you that I have full confidence is your guidance and I apologise if you felt I was ignoring your advice. This was certainly not the case but I was simply trying to make sense of the many different and sometimes slightly conflicting or confusing comments. As mitigating circumstances I will tell you that I am a rather old, retired musician and one who increasingly finds the techy stuff a bit challenging. Never having used a DAW before I feel that I am now making significant progress with Reaper and thank you again for your help. I'm sure I will be back at some stage!
KGBeat
Old 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #54
DarkStar

No problem - advising across thousands of miles can be fun!

Just for info, with a path of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" Reaper should find all the plug-ins in that folder AND in its sub-folders. I thought that that would include EZDrummer.

With a path of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack" Reaper should find all the plug-ins in that folder (and in any sub-folders). It would not find the other VST3 plug-ins as they are outside that specific folder path.

So, I reckoned that if you wanted them all, then use the first path, or, if you only wanted EZDrummer then use the second path. But I do not think that you would need them both (unless Reaper's scanning of the VST3 folders is playing up).

I do not use VST3 so cannot check, but here, I have 4 separate high-level paths in my VST path list, none falls within any of the others.

But, you've now got it fixed, so press on and make some music!
Old 02-20-2019, 03:18 AM   #55
kgbeat

Quote:
No problem - advising across thousands of miles can be fun!

Just for info, with a path of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" Reaper should find all the plug-ins in that folder AND in its sub-folders. I thought that that would include EZDrummer.

With a path of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack" Reaper should find all the plug-ins in that folder (and in any sub-folders). It would not find the other VST3 plug-ins as they are outside that specific folder path.

So, I reckoned that if you wanted them all, then use the first path, or, if you only wanted EZDrummer then use the second path. But I do not think that you would need them both (unless Reaper's scanning of the VST3 folders is playing up).

I do not use VST3 so cannot check, but here, I have 4 separate high-level paths in my VST path list, none falls within any of the others.

But, you've now got it fixed, so press on and make some music!
I will I will...thanks again.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #56
Stella645

Quote:
I assure you that I have full confidence is your guidance and I apologise if you felt I was ignoring your advice. This was certainly not the case but I was simply trying to make sense of the many different and sometimes slightly conflicting or confusing comments.
Not at all..my comment was totally tongue in cheek! Glad that you got working in the end.

Surprised the EZdrummer disappeared without the Toontrack folder but then it is a VST2 plug installed in VST3 folder so who knows.
If correctly located in VST2 folder it would still be seen inside of any sub folder.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:13 PM   #57
Kleudde

It's a bit late but, me too Reaper for some reason had some of the plugins where the VST3 version had disapeared and my sessions were loading with errors like that:

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.
Track 2: VST3: CLA Drums Stereo (Waves)
Track 3: VST3: CLA Drums Stereo (Waves)
Track 4: VST3: CLA Drums Stereo (Waves)
Track 5: VST3: CLA Drums Mono/Stereo (Waves)
Track 6: VST3: CLA Drums Mono/Stereo (Waves)
Track 7: VST3: CLA Drums Mono/Stereo (Waves)
Track 8: VST3: CLA Drums Mono/Stereo (Waves)

So I found the solution on Waves website. (i know ez drummer is not waves but might work for that company too)

Step #1 – Verify plugin software is installed

Check whether the relevant plugin file/s are correctly installed on your computer.

Go to:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V14, (or whichever version is installed on your device, V13-V9)
Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V14, (or whichever version is installed on your device, V13-V9)

The relevant plugin file will be named after the plugin, in this format: [PluginName].bundle. For example, the plugin file for Reel ADT will be named Reel ADT.bundle.

If the plugins you are looking for are not there, install the plugins by following the instructions in this link.

Step #2 – Verify the license is activated (If you have V13-V9 Licenses)
Step #3 – Rescan for Plugins

In REAPER, press [Ctrl] + P (Windows) / [Cmd] + [,] (Mac) to access Preferences.
Go to Plug-ins > VST.
Under “VST Plugin Path,” make sure that the following path is listed (if not, add it):
Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST3
Click on Clear Cache/Re-Scan.
Once the rescan is done, create a new session with a supported sample rate, add a track and load your Waves plugins.
Kleudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:38 PM   #58
Zephyr_2

Quote:
When I opened an existing project using EZdrummer, Reaper tells me that EZdrummer cannot be accessed. On further investigation I find that my VST3 plugin folder has disappeared from the list along with everything in it! I have looked in preferences and Options but cannot find any reference to folders in this respect. So re installed Reaper but the VST3 folder still missing. Tried opening a new project but it's the same. HELP!!
I had the same problem. I fixed it by resetting Reaper to the default installation configuration. I then downloaded the VST directly from the source rather than using the zip file I had on another computer. I am not sure which action restored my VST3 folder but it worked.
Zephyr_2 is offline   Reply With Quote