Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
5string
Human being with feelings

Default mac is requiring network pw to install network printer

my printer is on a win 10 pc which is on a home network (WORKGROUP) with a mac and a win 7 pc. whenever i try to install a network printer on the mac, it wants a UN & PW. what PW is it looking for? the only PW's i have ever set up is a login PW (which is the same for all 3). this PW doesn't work.

i'm a little confused: which one is requiring the PW - the win 10 pc or the mac. would this pw be in my mac keychain ? i had a similar issue with the two pc's requiring a pw b4 it would allow me to share files between them and i had to turn off the pw protected sharing on both of them. is there a way to turn off pw protected sharing on the mac, so that it will allow me to install a network printer on the mac ? help needed
5string
Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
Luxmaji

Are you trying to print something from Reaper? If not, I'm not sure I understand how that applies to this forum. There are better, more relevant, places that might answer your question a bit faster.

Having said that, I wish I could help you but I don't have an answer.

L
Luxmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5string View Post
my printer is on a win 10 pc which is on a home network (WORKGROUP) with a mac and a win 7 pc. whenever i try to install a network printer on the mac, it wants a UN & PW. what PW is it looking for? the only PW's i have ever set up is a login PW (which is the same for all 3). this PW doesn't work.

i'm a little confused: which one is requiring the PW - the win 10 pc or the mac. would this pw be in my mac keychain ? i had a similar issue with the two pc's requiring a pw b4 it would allow me to share files between them and i had to turn off the pw protected sharing on both of them. is there a way to turn off pw protected sharing on the mac, so that it will allow me to install a network printer on the mac ? help needed
5string
It is asking for the password for your router. Your wi-fi password you set for your wireless network on your router.

It's a network printer, so it has to access your network like any other device.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
EgM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5string View Post

5string
Just use "Guest" as username if you've already turned off password sharing off on the Win7 machine.