Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
DrewTheJew
Human being with feelings

Default Wondering if it's possible to make rap beats in Reaper?

I'll be honest, I'm the stereotypical 18 year-old who illegally obtained FL Studio about a year ago and made beats on it. I am prepared for the learning curve of not being able to completely rely on the step sequencer and piano roll. I am dead broke for the next few weeks, but I don't even have 100 dollars to spend and was wanting to go down the righteous path of not pirating DAWs and VSTs anymore. So, seeing as Reaper is supposed to be pretty good, and dirt cheap, I was wondering if it is possible to make rap beats like these that I have made in FL Studio using sample packs, vst's, soundfonts, etc. I know all the mixing capabilities are there. Link to my beats:https://soundcloud.com/graverembeats
I generally produce nothing but rap beats, I hope to become good enough to lease them out at some point and make some profit. If it is possible to reproduce the same types of beats in Reaper, then I definitely plan on trying out the demo and buying it in the near future once I get used to the interface. I still have yet to download it but it looks promising. I have a dream to become the first successful hip hop producer to exclusively use Reaper...and maybe FLS in the future if I somehow manage to get a spare 200 dollars.

P.S. Because of my poor financial situation, the only pieces of external equipment I own are a laptop and a pair of headphones (the bare necessities).
DrewTheJew is offline   Reply With Quote