Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #481
jeranx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
If the bank is in Reaticulate-factory.reabank then it goes in the Factory menu, otherwise in the User menu.
Interesting in fact.

Hi Jason.

Sorry I'm answering only now but I'm still struggling with that matter. In fact, with Vincent, we'll be the masters of switching, not the articulations but from a forum to another (The French where we belong). He has his problem, I have mine. Not even the same.

A sample of my considerations from this other place : translate with Deepl

"If, as I thought, it's supposed to do the same job as BRSO, namely : I want to draw a "Stacc", I click on the "Stacc" icon then I draw in the editor and I get a "Stacc", it works. But if the second event I want is a Tremolo and I click on the corresponding icon*, I will be able to draw a Tremolo but the first note will also be read in Tremolo. It gets stuck on the last articulation used.

*with no notes selected.

So sad. As you understood, I previously use BRSO, but yours looks much more powerful and so nice

Thanx again, I'll keep trying.

Bye
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #482
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit update.
In a desire to simplify, I deleted the edition I had made for Albion One (before discovering the lock UACC). It remains only the edition of Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony but it's identical
Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #483
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranx View Post
"If, as I thought, it's supposed to do the same job as BRSO, namely : I want to draw a "Stacc", I click on the "Stacc" icon then I draw in the editor and I get a "Stacc", it works. But if the second event I want is a Tremolo and I click on the corresponding icon*, I will be able to draw a Tremolo but the first note will also be read in Tremolo. It gets stuck on the last articulation used.
Although I think I understand the language, it's a little hard for me to visualize this. Would it be possible to take a screen capture of this and upload it to YouTube or Google Drive or Dropbox or something?
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #484
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
In a desire to simplify, I deleted the edition I had made for Albion One (before discovering the lock UACC). It remains only the edition of Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony but it's identical
As with jeranx, a screen capture showing the behaviour you're seeing would be immensely helpful for me to narrow down the problem.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #485
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
As with jeranx, a screen capture showing the behaviour you're seeing would be immensely helpful for me to narrow down the problem.

Last edited by Vincent Sermonne; 06-19-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Vincent Sermonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #486
jeranx

Quote:
Although I think I understand the language, it's a little hard for me to visualize this. Would it be possible to take a screen capture of this and upload it to YouTube or Google Drive or Dropbox or something?
Here it is :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37w489ozc6...ulate.mp4?dl=0

Hope it'll help.

Bye
Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #487
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
It's normal, Reaticulate doesn't have the same behavior as BRSO, that's what I told you on the French forum; Clicking on the script articulation doesn't write in editing. To do this, right-click so that the program change marker is written in its corridor at the position of the editing cursor... or activate the action "Insert last activated articulation into MIDI item".

C'est normal, Reaticulate n'a pas le même comportement que BRSO, c'est ce que je te disais sur le forum français; Cliquer sur l'articulation du script n'écrit pas en édition. Pour celà il faut cliquer droit pour que le marqueur de changement de programme s'écrive dans son couloir à la position du curseur d'édition... ou activer l'action "Insert last activated articulation into MIDI item".
Old 06-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #488
_Stevie_

@Tack, I just talked to Leon, concerning potentially integrating Rearticulate into Stripper. He's very busy right now, so I will just pass on the info he gave me (literally copy/paste):

Quote:
If Tack were to allow access to all the button names/states via ExtState (dynamically updating as things change), and also allow for me to activate buttons via ExtState then it wouldn't be too huge to create a dedicated Reaticulate control which updates it's name and state depending on this information.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #489
h77

Hey Tack,

Same problem here as others have mentioned. Since updating to 0.3.1, I cannot choose any user bank anymore. Trying to change the bank, the first choice was always between User and Factory banks - now only Factory banks appears as given choice.

When I open my user bank file for editing through Reaticulate though, it comes up fine, so it's still recognized.

Also, the tracks in my template that use users bank already, still come up correctly.

Possibly just a small bug in the menu structure you display there or something?

Edit: Win10/64 here
h77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #490
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
Nothing jumps out at me here but yes clearly it's not working right. I'll dig in a bit deeper tonight. Thanks for putting together those screen captures!

P.S. You can make the Reaticulate GUI smaller using ctrl-mousewheel when the window is focused.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #491
tack

Quote:
Here it is
Thanks!

Indeed, as Vincent said, the design of Reaticulate is quite a bit different from BRSO Articulate. The latter works by using different MIDI channels for the different articulations, and clicking an articulation sets the current MIDI channel for new events.

Reaticulate works by inserting program change events into the MIDI item (which show up in its own lane in the MIDI Editor -- that's currently hidden in yours). And, like Vincent mentioned, right-clicking the articulation will insert the articulation change. (Left clicking will too but only if you have the MIDI editor open with step recording enabled.)

Otherwise, left clicking will just change the articulation on an ad hoc basis, which is convenient if you just want to do some noodling around at the keyboard.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #492
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Tack, I just talked to Leon, concerning potentially integrating Rearticulate into Stripper. He's very busy right now, so I will just pass on the info he gave me (literally copy/paste):
Ah, I see, this would be a custom feature built into Stripper. So I suppose the format of the data isn't too important since he'll need to parse whatever I put in there. (I'd store it as a stringified Lua table, FWIW.)

Yes, I could probably do this. Can you open an issue for it on GitHub to help me track it?

It's already possible to control Reaticulate via SetExtState so you'd just be looking for the other side of that equation.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #493
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by h77 View Post
Possibly just a small bug in the menu structure you display there or something?
Definitely some bug here in recognizing whether a bank is a user bank or a factory bank.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll dig into this a bit later today.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #494
_Stevie_

Quote:
Ah, I see, this would be a custom feature built into Stripper. So I suppose the format of the data isn't too important since he'll need to parse whatever I put in there. (I'd store it as a stringified Lua table, FWIW.)

Yes, I could probably do this. Can you open an issue for it on GitHub to help me track it?

It's already possible to control Reaticulate via SetExtState so you'd just be looking for the other side of that equation.
Yes, it would basically enable us to control Reaticulate via Stripper, which became one of my main tools for my workflow, recently.

Wow, that's amazing! So half the work is already done
Will open that FR on Github, thanks for looking into it!

EDIT: FR added on GitHub
Old 06-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #495
tack

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll dig into this a bit later today.
The problem ended up being pretty silly. Reaticulate for my main DAW instance runs directly from my development branch which contains a whole slew of uncommitted WIP code. I selectively commit around that WIP code, but neglected to commit a couple of lines, which I had mistaken for WIP but were actually important.

And I never noticed it when testing the release on a fresh install because all my tests involve factory banks.

Anyway, I just released 0.3.1 which will hopefully fix this. The update should happen on its own, or you can force a synchronize.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #496
Kitarraman

Quote:
The problem ended up being pretty silly. Reaticulate for my main DAW instance runs directly from my development branch which contains a whole slew of uncommitted WIP code. I selectively commit around that WIP code, but neglected to commit a couple of lines, which I had mistaken for WIP but were actually important.

And I never noticed it when testing the release on a fresh install because all my tests involve factory banks.

Anyway, I just released 0.3.1 which will hopefully fix this. The update should happen on its own, or you can force a synchronize.
It's still pre release or it's a stable release? My version runs fine (I'm still at 2.9) and since I'm doing some works, I didn't update yet
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 AM   #497
jeranx

Quote:
Thanks!

Indeed, as Vincent said, the design of Reaticulate is quite a bit different from BRSO Articulate. The latter works by using different MIDI channels for the different articulations, and clicking an articulation sets the current MIDI channel for new events.

Reaticulate works by inserting program change events into the MIDI item (which show up in its own lane in the MIDI Editor -- that's currently hidden in yours). And, like Vincent mentioned, right-clicking the articulation will insert the articulation change. (Left clicking will too but only if you have the MIDI editor open with step recording enabled.)

Otherwise, left clicking will just change the articulation on an ad hoc basis, which is convenient if you just want to do some noodling around at the keyboard.
I get it.

Thanx Jason
Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 AM   #498
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
It's still pre release or it's a stable release? My version runs fine (I'm still at 2.9) and since I'm doing some works, I didn't update yet
0.3.1 is a stable release. Prereleases all end in 9x, like 0.2.93. You should update when you feel it's safe to do so because there have been a number of bugs fixed by now since the last prerelease.

The stable versions are also included in the prerelease Reapack so you don't need to change to the release version of the reapack, you can just update what you have.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #499
h77

Quote:

Hey Tack,

Thanks a lot, this indeed fixed the problem for me.

Cheers
h77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #500
daeavelwyn

Hi here !

First of all, thanks tack for all the hard work you make on reaticulate, definitively a master peice in reaper's workflow !

First of all,
a link to my reabank file : https://pastebin.com/CfvJyjjs

here are pictures of my setup :
Front :

Back :

Is there a way to map midi chan from my keyboard (generally chan 1) to reaticulate in the way reaticulate will perform actions on channel 2 even if my keyboard sends channel 1.

The fact is I have my keyswitches articulations on chan 1, and as I need groups for CC messages (legato on, legato off, con sordino on, con sordino off...) I use a kind of "extra-art" bank I cannot put on chan 1.

So I put chan 2 and chan 3 for those extra parts, but even if the messages are sent to Vienna Ensemble Pro (and kontakt), as reaticulate is waiting for messages on chan 2 and chan 3 it doesn't follow the states of my CC.

So I can see this is a logical problem more than a technical issue but can't figure out how to acheive this properly :-/

any ideas ?
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #501
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
The fact is I have my keyswitches articulations on chan 1, and as I need groups for CC messages (legato on, legato off, con sordino on, con sordino off...) I use a kind of "extra-art" bank I cannot put on chan 1.

So I put chan 2 and chan 3 for those extra parts, but even if the messages are sent to Vienna Ensemble Pro (and kontakt), as reaticulate is waiting for messages on chan 2 and chan 3 it doesn't follow the states of my CC.
Your Berlin strings patch is presumably on channel 1? I think the simplest solution to your problem, assuming I understand properly, is just to set all the banks destination channels from 'Source' to channel 1.

That forces all outgoing MIDI to channel 1 regardless of the articulation, because that's where your patch lives (I think -- you didn't show that but I'm inferring).

The main benefit of using Source as the destination channel is when it's paired with 'Omni' as the source channel. With that arrangement, it lets you pull in instances of a multi-articulation patch on different channels (e.g. for layering purposes) and you can use the same Reaticulate bank via different source channels.

But since you're pinning banks to specific source channels instead of Omni, using 'Source' as the destination channel doesn't buy you much and it's probably incorrect in this particular case where I assume your patch is only listening on channel 1.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #502
daeavelwyn

@Tack : Thanks for your reply. You are right, i'm not clear enough in my configuration.

Here is the signal path from my keyboard to Vienna ensemble Pro server (and kontakt) and from Vienna ensemble back to Reaper.

## MIDI Input signal :
1-Keyboard set on chan1
2--> Reaper track (Violin) This track is set as MIDI input: All inputs / All channels Reaticulate is on this track
3----> All midi to Bus1 Chan1 sends to folder track (STRINGS)
4 ------> VEP plugin send to VEP server bus1/chan1 --> VEP server receive on bus 1 / all
5 --------> kontakt instance set to bus 1 / all
6 ----------> into kontakt viollin set to bus1 / chan1

## Audio output:
1 ->Kontakt instance audio out 1/2
2 --> VEP server audio 1/2
3 ----> VEP in STRINGS folder receive audio 1/2
4 ------> Violin audio track (not the midi one) audio 1/2
5 --------> Master Track

this is how it looks like into reaper:

Mapping reaticulate like you mentioned (if I well undestand):
chan 1 --> chan 1
chan 2 --> chan 1
chan 3 --> chan 1

I set my keyboard button as CC30 (one press send 0 antoher press send 127) this manage the legato option.
In this setting if I click on the button of my keyboard I can control the fact CC30 MSB chan1 is sent (kontakt and VEP works fine), but reaticulate doesn't follow this changes.

So instead of having legato on / legato off switch, nothing happens...

If I try to have further reaticulate bank set on omni, here is the messages I get :

I hope this is clearer :-s

In fact I think if I can find a way that reaticulate just doesn't care about channels, I could manage routing externaly to it. Or is it a wrong idea ?

Last edited by daeavelwyn; 06-20-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #503
tack

Quote:
I set my keyboard button as CC30 (one press send 0 antoher press send 127) this manage the legato option.
In this setting if I click on the button of my keyboard I can control the fact CC30 MSB chan1 is sent (kontakt and VEP works fine), but reaticulate doesn't follow this changes.
Reaticulate actually only does this for note-based keyswitches. If you assign a particular note to an articulation's output event list and then Reaticulate sees that note incoming, it will show the articulation as activated. But it doesn't work that way for CCs. That's why when you're sending CC30 from your keyboard Reaticulate isn't reflecting the change (even though your Kontakt patch probably is).

This was a deliberate choice -- to only do this for note-based keyswitches -- because I didn't think anyone would do this for CCs. I'll think on this and see if I should make this work the same for other MIDI event types than just notes.

If anyone else reading this thinks that having this behavior for just notes is unexpected, please chime in.

For now, assuming you have control over what your MIDI controller is sending, you could bind CC30 or some other CC (I use CC119) to the action "Reaticulate: Activate selected articulation on default channel" and have it send certain CC values to trigger certain articulations. This lets you activate arbitrary articulations based on the program number.

Quote:
If I try to have further reaticulate bank set on omni, here is the messages I get
The conflict error is because you have multiple banks that define the same program numbers on the same MIDI channel. For example, V1's program #1 is "Sustain Imm Romantic vibrato" sending note 24, while Extra Art's program #1 is "Legato On" sending CC30/127. You could resolve this conflict by changing the program numbers of the Extra Art banks to not overlap with the other banks.

This wouldn't address your earlier problem though. Reaticulate will not show the activated articulation in the UI by virtue of sending CC30. But it will make the conflict go away, and you can put everything on channel 1 if you like (or Omni -> Source) without any error, and drive everything from channel 1.

However, I think for you the best configuration is to have the 3 banks on channels 1-3 all targeting channel 1. This should work as expected when inserting articulations into MIDI items (e.g. by right clicking on them).

But sending CC30 values 127/0 won't show the legato articulations changing in the UI. And, I should point out, even with note-based keyswitches which would show that, it doesn't insert those program changes into MIDI items when you send those notes. The expected way to insert program changes into your MIDI items that is by right clicking articulations in the UI or by using one of the "activate" actions.

I hope that makes sense. I'm happy to receive suggestions on how you'd like things to work.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #504

https://media.giphy.com/media/j2Ap3S...Cw1/source.gif
In the link you will see what i mean.. Staccato Velocity is on kontakt instance 2 but it still plays the sustain all patch on channel 1.. It shows visually that switches to that articulation but in reality it just plays the channel 1 instance..
12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #505
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345678 View Post
In the link you will see what i mean.. Staccato Velocity is on kontakt instance 2 but it still plays the sustain all patch on channel 1.. It shows visually that switches to that articulation but in reality it just plays the channel 1 instance..
It's really hard to make out the details in your screen capture, with it being such low resolution.

Do you have your note coloring set to channel? i.e. is the difference between the green and brown notes that they're on different channels? If so, you should be working all from a single source channel and letting Reaticulate set up the routing to the destination channels based on the current articulation.

If not, could you provide the full resolution screen capture so I can better see what's happening?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #506

Quote:
It's really hard to make out the details in your screen capture, with it being such low resolution.

Do you have your note coloring set to channel? i.e. is the difference between the green and brown notes that they're on different channels? If so, you should be working all from a single source channel and letting Reaticulate set up the routing to the destination channels based on the current articulation.

If not, could you provide the full resolution screen capture so I can better see what's happening?
https://gifyu.com/image/EKXI
Here's the link i accidentally copied the low res link

Here's the bank:

//! g="Native Instruments/Symphony Series/Brass Ensemble" n="Horns Ensemble"
Bank 12 91 Horns Ensemble
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:24
24 Sustain All
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:25
25 Sustain Single Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:26
26 Sustain Flutter Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=trill o=note@1:27
27 Trill Semi Tone
//! c=#FF0000 i=crescendo o=note@1:28
28 Sust. Crescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=decrescendo o=note@1:29
29 Sust. Decrescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=stopped o=note@1:30
30 Sust. Stop Mute
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@1:31
31 Staccato
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@2:24
32 Staccato Velocity
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@2:25
33 Stac. Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=crescendo o=note@2:26
34 Crescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=decrescendo o=note@2:27
35 Decrescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:28
36 Sforzando
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:29
37 Sfz Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:30
38 Swell
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:31
39 Swell Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@3:24
40 Marc Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=fanfare o=note@3:25
41 Blast

Last edited by 12345678; 06-21-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #507
tack

Quote:
https://gifyu.com/image/EKXI
Here's the link i accidentally copied the low res link
Ah much clearer

Things look configured right to me, and indeed your behaviour isn't expected. This means there's either a bug in Reaticulate, or there's more than meets the eye with your project configuration.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd be able to share your RPP project file with me. If you could upload it to cloud storage and PM me the location, I can dig in more fully. (If you don't have cloud storage and need a place to drop it, let me know and I can provide one.)
Old 06-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #508
daeavelwyn

Hi Tack,

Thanks for the explanations, it really helps me to better understand what i'm wrong with.

I've tried "Activate selected articulation on default channel" but it just do nothing...I guess it's mainly because I don't understand (yet ...) how this script works.

So, I just need to have my keyswitches to articulation changes, and some extra CC to legato and con sordino, and etc... so instead of giving you my wishes, I'd rather you explain to me how to achieve that with reaticualte as it works actualy.

Orchestral Tools provides a really flexible tool and I can adapt my workflow, but I have to know how

here is the way i've made stuff for now :

Code:
//////////////////////////////
//        BERLIN STRINGS     //
//////////////////////////////

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="V1"
//! m="Using custom keyswitch (24 to 35)"
Bank 1 1 OT-BS - V1
//! c=legato i=note-whole  o=note:24
1 Sustain Imm Romantic vibrato - C1
//! c=legato i=note-whole  o=note:25
2 Sustain - C#1
//! c=short-dark i=pizz o=note:26
3 Pizz - D1
//! c=short-dark i=pizz-bartok o=note:27
4 Pizz Perc - D#1
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:28
5 Spiccatissimo - E1
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:29
6 spiccato - F1
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:30
7 Spiccato Expressivo - F#1
//! c=short-light i=staccato o=note:31
8 Staccato - G1
//! c=short-light i=staccato-sfz o=note:32
9 Staccato Bold FFF - G#1
//! c=short-light i=staccato-sfz o=note:33
10 Staccato Blurred - A1
//! c=long-dark i=accented-quarter o=note:34
11 Portato short- A#1

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="V2"
Bank 1 2 OT-BS - V2
//! c=legato i=note-whole o=note:24
1 Sustain Imm Romantic vibrato  - C1
2 Sustain - C#1
3 Pizz - D1
6 Spiccato - F1
8 Staccato - G1
10 Staccato Blurred - A1
11 Portato short- A#1

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="Va"
Bank 1 3 OT-BS - Va
2 Sustain - C#1
3 Pizz - D1
//! c=short-dark i=pizz-bartok o=note:27
4 Pizz Perc - D#1
6 Spiccato - F1
8 Staccato - G1
10 Staccato Blurred - A1
11 Portato short- A#1

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="Cello"
Bank 1 4 OT-BS - Cello
2 Sustain - C#1
3 Pizz - D1
6 Spiccato - F1
8 Staccato - G1
10 Staccato Blurred - A1
11 Portato short- A#1
//! c=long-dark i=accented-quarter o=note:35
12 Portato long - B1

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="C.B."
//! m="Using custom keyswitch (96 to 107)"
Bank 1 5 OT-BS - C.B.
//! c=legato i=note-whole o=note:96
1 Sustain Imm Romantic vibrato - C7
//! c=legato i=note-whole  o=note:97
2 Sustain - C#7
//! c=short-dark i=pizz o=note:98
3 Pizz - D7
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:101
6 Spiccato - F7
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:102
7 Spiccato Expressivo - F#7
//! c=short-light i=staccato o=note:103
8 Staccato - G7
//! c=short-light i=staccato-sfz o=note:104
9 Staccato Bold FFF - G#7
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:105
10 Martele FFF - A7
//! c=long-dark i=accented-quarter o=note:106
11 Portato short- A#7
//! c=long-dark i=accented-quarter o=note:107
12 Portato long - B7

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="C.B.dynamics"
//! m="Using custom keyswitch (84 to 95)"
Bank 1 10 OT-BS - C.B. dynamics
//! c=legato i=note-whole o=note:84
1 << >> - C6
//! c=legato i=note-whole  o=note:85
2 < > - C#6
//! c=short-dark i=pizz o=note:86
3 < leg f> - D6
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:87
4 ff> - D#6
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note:88
5 mf> - E6
//! c=short-light i=staccato o=note:89
6 < leg p> - F6
//! c=short-light i=staccato-sfz o=note:90
7 <ff - F#6
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:91
8 <mf - G6
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:92
9 ff/>- G#6
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:93
10 mf/> - A6
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:94
11 /<ff - A#6
//! c=short-light i=marcato o=note:95
12 /<mf - B6

///////////////////////////////////
//        BERLIN STRINGS EXTRA	//
//////////////////////////////////

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="Extra-Art"
//! m="CC messages like con sordino, legato..."
Bank 1 126 OT-BS - Extra Art
//! c=art1 i=legato g=1 o=cc:30,127
1 Legato On
//! c=art1 i=legato g=1 o=cc:30,0
2 Legato Off
//! c=art2 i=con-sord g=2 o=cc:16,127
3 Con Sordino On
//! c=art2 i=con-sord g=2 o=cc:16,0
4 Con Sordino Off
//! c=art3 i=crescendo g=3 o=cc:52,127
5 Niente On
//! c=art3 i=crescendo g=3 o=cc:52,0
6 Niente Off
//! c=art4 i=fx g=4 o=cc:53,127
7 Soft Layer On
//! c=art4 i=fx g=4 o=cc:53,0
8 Soft Layer Off

//! g="Orchestral Tools/Berlin Strings" n="Extra-Art 2"
//! m="CC messages like con sordino, legato..."
Bank 1 125 OT-BS - Extra Art 2
//! c=art5 i=fx o=cc:54,127
9 Cutoff Filter On
//! c=art5 i=fx o=cc:54,0
10 Cutoff Filter Off
Old 06-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #509
tack

Quote:
I've tried "Activate selected articulation on default channel" but it just do nothing...I guess it's mainly because I don't understand (yet ...) how this script works.
The usage documentation might be of help here. In particular the section on actions.

The "activate selected articulation" action isn't intended to be binded to a CC. That's a discrete action that activates an articulation that's been selected with one of the "Select" actions. These actions support a workflow where you use a control surface to scroll through the list of articulations and activate one based on the current selection.

If you want to trigger specific articulations from your controller, I think the action you'll want to use is "Activate articulation by CC on default channel." The docs I linked to say a bit more about that.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #510

Quote:
Ah much clearer

Things look configured right to me, and indeed your behaviour isn't expected. This means there's either a bug in Reaticulate, or there's more than meets the eye with your project configuration.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd be able to share your RPP project file with me. If you could upload it to cloud storage and PM me the location, I can dig in more fully. (If you don't have cloud storage and need a place to drop it, let me know and I can provide one.)
Here's the project https://filebin.net/wi9rkxercvs5t69y
It's just a Kontakt multi out template i made..
Old 06-22-2019, 05:24 AM   #511
tack

Quote:
Here's the project https://filebin.net/wi9rkxercvs5t69y
It's just a Kontakt multi out template i made..
Great, thanks for sharing this. I see what's happening here.

Reaticulate is sending the keyswitches to the proper channels, and setting up channel routing for the subsequent notes correctly, but your send from track M1 to the VSTi is All MIDI Channels -> Channel 1. This collapses all of Reaticulate's channel management down to channel 1.

You'd need to set the send to All -> All to prevent Reaper from changing the MIDI channel.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:13 AM   #512
Kitarraman

Tack, have you planned to add a feature that allows the users to add icons of their own?
Old 07-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #513
Swi

Default remove reaticulate data script for items in the arrange window.

Having a script to remove all the reaticulate data from a midi item in the arrange view and or midi editor would be slick.

Is it out there anyone?
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #514
tack

Quote:
Tack, have you planned to add a feature that allows the users to add icons of their own?
It's not on the to-do list currently, no. I'll certainly consider it for a future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swi View Post
Having a script to remove all the reaticulate data from a midi item in the arrange view and or midi editor would be slick.
What do you mean by "Reaticulate data"? You mean just the program change MIDI events?
Old 07-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #515
Kitarraman

Quote:
It's not on the to-do list currently, no. I'll certainly consider it for a future release.
Good to know. Some of my libraries have the weirdest icons for some of the articulation (Sustain Harmon Cup Mute) and I never know which one of the supported icons I should use
Old 07-27-2019, 07:08 AM   #516
Swi

Quote:

What do you mean by "Reaticulate data"? You mean just the program change MIDI events?

Thanks Tack.

Yes this is it exactly. In the event, I make a mistake (never...) and add the wrong articulation or I just change my mind (I always reserve the right to change my mind) it would be very handy to have a command to "remove Reaticulate data from selected item" and or "Remove reaticulate data from selected item (Obey time selection)"

I presently have a cc lane preset to show the three lanes of data that it creates and then I manually select and delete it in the midi editor, but it would be fantastic to just be able to do this from the arrange view.

Thanks for creating this awesomeness and thanks for listening.

I stand on your shoulders.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #517
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swi View Post
I presently have a cc lane preset to show the three lanes of data that it creates and then I manually select and delete it in the midi editor
I might still be misunderstanding. Which 3 lanes is Reaticulate inserting data into? It really should just be one: Bank/Program Select.

With just one lane containing data from Reaticulate, it should be a little less awkward to manage.

BTW, the next release will make it possible to undo articulation insertions. So that should help the made-a-mistake workflow a bit too.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #518
tack

Quote:
Good to know. Some of my libraries have the weirdest icons for some of the articulation (Sustain Harmon Cup Mute) and I never know which one of the supported icons I should use
The batteries-included icon set have some pretty weird ones in there that will probably roughly suit the articulation in question, even if it doesn't match the library.

Though I can understand why one would want the articulation icon to more closely match the library, it's important to me that banks are portable and transferrable to other people. Preserving that property with custom icons would require encoding the icon data as part of the bank. Possible, but makes them much bigger. So it just requires careful design choices.

For now, I've quite a lot on my plate, including a major internal overhaul and then finally the bank editor GUI.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:54 AM   #519
Kitarraman

Quote:
The batteries-included icon set have some pretty weird ones in there that will probably roughly suit the articulation in question, even if it doesn't match the library.

Though I can understand why one would want the articulation icon to more closely match the library, it's important to me that banks are portable and transferrable to other people. Preserving that property with custom icons would require encoding the icon data as part of the bank. Possible, but makes them much bigger. So it just requires careful design choices.

For now, I've quite a lot on my plate, including a major internal overhaul and then finally the bank editor GUI.
Mmm, from the point of transferability, it does make sense. Yeah, I do always find something that gets close to the original icon and, I case I don't, I just put the FX icon. I can get by even without it, but if someday you'll be able to add this feature, it'll be perfection
Old 07-28-2019, 06:10 AM   #520
hotzmarino

Default Spitfire Studio Strings

This is my contribute.
I've checked it for a couple of hours and it seems to work.
It seems 2 icons are missing:

1-trem col sordino 180 bpm
2-Hairpin

Best to all

(I hope this is the right place... )

Last edited by hotzmarino; 10-23-2023 at 02:12 AM.
hotzmarino is offline   Reply With Quote