Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #1
+NRG
Human being with feelings

Default How / where to assign a different WALTER Font # to the track title label?

Hello!

Can someone tell me how & where to assign a different WALTER Font # to the track title labels? I'm messing around with the V5 Default theme and can't seem to find where this is done in the rtconfig...

I've noticed some other themes have large font track title labels (that don't ruin the io / routing window layout...) but in the default V5 theme the track title label font is also used for the io / routing window so if I make the font larger for the track title label then the io / routing window gets messed up.

Is there a way to assign a different WALTER font # to the track title label or the io / routing window so this blind man can have a large font for the track title labels?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
Lokasenna

Track label and volume/pan label don't use a Walter font, you set them in either the Theme Editor or the .reapertheme file.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
+NRG

FYI: I found it...

Check out this Event Horizon X theme from Pri3s7. He assigned the track title label fonts to WALTER font # 8 in the rtconfig. This allows the big track title label fonts without messing up the io / routing window...

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1543/Ev...ReaperThemeZip
Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post

Check out this Event Horizon X theme from Pri3s7. He assigned the track title label fonts to WALTER font # 8 in the rtconfig. This allows the big track title label fonts without messing up the io / routing window
Exactly. Shared element assignments like this are a major obstacle to achieving great results with Reaper's GUI.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
+NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
Exactly. Shared element assignments like this are a major obstacle to achieving great results with Reaper's GUI.
Yes, I'm just finding this out now! I wish all of the settings were independent and clearly defined. Less investigating, juggling and compromises...

Love your Default Commala themes!
Old 09-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
minerman

Quote:
Would you care to share the line(s) you edited so I can do the same???

FWIW, I've been playing around with a couple themes, gimp, & all kinds of stuff the last little while, but I'm still in the dark on a lot of it, it's trial/error for me.....
minerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:45 AM   #7
+NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerman View Post
Would you care to share the line(s) you edited so I can do the same???

FWIW, I've been playing around with a couple themes, gimp, & all kinds of stuff the last little while, but I'm still in the dark on a lot of it, it's trial/error for me.....
Download this Event Horizon X theme from Pri3s7, unpack and open up the rtconfig and look for these lines to get an idea...

set tcp.label.font [8]
set master.tcp.label.font [8]
set master.mcp.label.font [8]
set mcp.label.font [8]

*With the Default V5 theme I was able to add the 'set tcp.label.font [8]' line at the top under the global tcp section (like in the Event Horizon X theme) but the rest of the lines I had to add under the individual sections (MASTER TRACK CONTROL PANEL, MIXER, MASTER MIXER) to get them to work. So, you may have to experiment depending on the theme...

I'm new to all of this too... Maybe, someone else has better directions / knowledge? Trial and Error sounds like a good album title!
Old 09-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
minerman

Quote:
Download this Event Horizon X theme from Pri3s7, unpack and open up the rtconfig and look for these lines to get an idea...

set tcp.label.font [8]
set master.tcp.label.font [8]
set master.mcp.label.font [8]
set mcp.label.font [8]

*With the Default V5 theme I was able to add the 'set tcp.label.font [8]' line at the top under the global tcp section (like in the Event Horizon X theme) but the rest of the lines I had to add under the individual sections (MASTER TRACK CONTROL PANEL, MIXER, MASTER MIXER) to get them to work. So, you may have to experiment depending on the theme...

I'm new to all of this too... Maybe, someone else has better directions / knowledge? Trial and Error sounds like a good album title!
Thanks dude!!! I don't wanna do a whole, complete theme from scratch, but it is nice to be able to tweak the things I want to change...Thanks again!!!

Hey man, that is a cool title for an album!!!!
minerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
+NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerman View Post
Thanks dude!!! I don't wanna do a whole, complete theme from scratch, but it is nice to be able to tweak the things I want to change...Thanks again!!!

Hey man, that is a cool title for an album!!!!
Yes, me neither but I'm too picky... So, I keep finding things I want to tweak!