Old 05-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Dante (ASIO not DVS)Loopback?

Is there any sensible way to loopback Dante ports? I have a Midas M32 with the dante card and a focusrite rednet pcie. I am using ASIO for live recording and lowest possible latency while still monitoring THRU the DAW. I also need to go to OBS broadcast software for streaming. It has an ASIO input now, but that would require me looping back say outputs 1 and 2 to say inputs 29 and 30.

Is there a way to do that?

Right now I'm sending to another audio interface a MOTU 896 to do that, but so many issues of pops and clicks. I was previously doing it with the USB card in the M32 and it worked ok, but Dante runs way more stable at lower latencies than the X32/M32 USB card can
Old 05-26-2019, 02:34 AM   #2
Arran
Human being with feelings

Are you using Dante controller? Unless they've purposely greyed internal routing options out to avoid feedback loops that would flood the network.
https://www.audinate.com/products/so...nte-controller
Arran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
SonicAxiom

All Dante devices except Ultimo-based ones and DVS can route audio back to themselves.

In addition, Dante Controller manual states that certain devices may not be capable of routing audio to themselves showing a tooltip reading "Cannot subscribe: same device" while hovering the mouse above destination channels.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I tried it and it did it! AWESEOME!!!!

Unfortunatley for some reason, Dante is the one ASIO driver that wont show in OBS, but I'll try some other tricks, possibly Via

I'm getting digital glitches with the Dante setup that seem rather periodic. I have the Rednet PCIe-R and the Midas X-Dante card. Any idea who should be master, and what settings I could set to avoid glitches?

Dante controller is showing no errors
Old 05-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #5
SonicAxiom

is the final audio broadcast mix made in Reaper, OBS or in the console? If RedNet PCIe is taken by Reaper, you can still use VoxengoRecorder in individual tracks or the master track to have Reaper output signals to OBS via another ASIO audio device or a virtual cable, entirely bypassing RedNet.

Also, DVS can be set to operate in WDM mode which will probably render it accessible in OBS, however, latency might be higher using this mode.