Old 03-26-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Tiger Jackson
Human being with feelings

Default Reason 10 rewire midi help

Here's the deal. I have a midi keyboard to control devices inside reason 10, all mapped perfectly

In reaper, I have my midi keyboard also to use with a VST I like, that's apparently not compatible in reason.

So I'd like to have a seamless flow to use them as I like between both DAWS, but there's a conflict. When I midi control activated in reaper, it makes the knob controls in reason act haywire. Like one knob controlling multiple parameters on a reason instrument. So I have to disable midi control in reaper to use reasons stuff.

Here's my midi devices in reaper

When I disable scarlet, reason 10 works good, but then I can't control the VST in reaper. VI49 is the one used in reason 10, it's disabled because it always gives an error message when it's on. Not entirely sure what MIDIIN2 does.
Tiger Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Tiger Jackson
Human being with feelings

Alright so I figured out one thing. VI49 is usb-midi. MIDIIN2 is the midi cable. All I really need is VI49, I just learned that midi cables are somewhat redundant nowadays. So I unplugged the midi cable.

But still, how can I get VI49 to input midi between Reaper and Reason 10 with no conflict?
Tiger Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote