Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #81
RDBOIS
Human being with feelings
 
RDBOIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: It changes
Posts: 1,186
Default

Ok. I'm going to try it. I've never done anything but the Default, so I hope I'll manage to find my way...

Anything I should know before I screw things up?

I downloaded the ZIP file and followed the instruction in the Read Me file, but already notice that the Preferences option of this version are not exactly the same as those indicated in the instructions (e.g. the Theme options are not there in the Preferences?).

I wish to use Katz; perhaps the loudest version; would that be -12?
/
ANything I should know that is not in the instructions?
RDBOIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #82
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Ok. I'm going to try it. I've never done anything but the Default, so I hope I'll manage to find my way...

Anything I should know before I screw things up?

I downloaded the ZIP file and followed the instruction in the Read Me file, but already notice that the Preferences option of this version are not exactly the same as those indicated in the instructions (e.g. the Theme options are not there in the Preferences?).

I wish to use Katz; perhaps the loudest version; would that be -12?
/
ANything I should know that is not in the instructions?
Interesting that you are replying here at this time RDBOIS. I'm actually in the process of doing some updates to this theme right now. I've tweaked the meter displays for compatibility with third order Ambisonics (better layouts for 16 audio channels) and have added a VCA fader layout option for VCA channels.
I'll have to update the instructions too. A few things have changed in the way the REAPER preferences are laid out over the last few REAPER versions and I need to change my instructions to reflect that.

In answer to the loudest K setting, that is indeed K-12.

I'm not at my PC right now so I can't comment on exactly what preference options have changed but the theme should still work without changing all the options. It will actually work without changing ANY of the options but may not look graphically 100 percent and the meter scales won't be spot on. You'll still be able to use all the K system options though and your calibrations will still be correct.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #83
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

New version uploaded. See my FIRST POST for downloads and screenshots.

UPDATE - V1.6, (2018 - 01) - 20th December, 2017 (slightly earlier release than I'd planned).
+ Graphics update:
...Meter graphics optimised when more than four channels are displayed.
...Meters made wider for better use of channel strip space.
...Font colour changed for better readability of offline plugins.
+ MCP & TCP:
...Added layouts for VCA channels.
+ Configuration instructions:
...Some screenshots in the configuration instructions updated (taken from REAPER v5.70).
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #84
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Another minor update (since the last one an hour ago): There was a small error in the instructions for fine tuning the meter display preferences. I've updated the file on my server with the correction.

See MY FIRST POST for download links.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #85
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

As usual, the latest updates, screen shots and information can be found in my FIRST POST in this thread.


UPDATE - V2, (2018 - 02) - 25th December, 2017 (slightly before 2018 ).
+ Significant design update:
...TCP and MCP layouts updated to work correctly with all pan modes. AT LAST!!
...(Thank you to my fellow themers in THIS THREAD for helping me resolve this long standing issue).
...TCP pan, width and volume knobs removed and replaced with sliders.
...MCP width knob removed and replaced with slider.
...MCP pan controls redesigned.
...TCP and MCP pan and volume labels optimised. Width labels added.
+ MCP & TCP options:
...Removed redundant Width Control layouts.
+ Configuration instructions:
...More screenshots in the configuration instructions updated (taken from REAPER v5.70).
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #86
bladerunner
Human being with feelings
 
bladerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 4,671
Default

Revisiting this very useful theme I downloaded the latest version and I do not have the width slider in either the tcp or mcp.. confused! It's on the master but nowhere else.

SORRY - my mistake.. had the wrong pan law selected in project preferences..

Last edited by bladerunner; 01-29-2019 at 08:34 AM.
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #87
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
Revisiting this very useful theme I downloaded the latest version and I do not have the width slider in either the tcp or mcp.. confused! It's on the master but nowhere else.

SORRY - my mistake.. had the wrong pan law selected in project preferences..
Glad you got it sorted. Thanks too for the feedback.
I have a new update to add here. It's a minor tweak to the colour scheme for offline and bypassed plugins in the MCP to make them a little easier to read.
I've also just read about a new option due to be added to the next REAPER update for the record enable button so I might add that to my theme update before uploading it.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #88
bladerunner
Human being with feelings
 
bladerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 4,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Thanks too for the feedback.
I come back to this theme and wonder why I stopped using it.. It really does feel like I'm using a desk. What would please me no end is if the devs implemented a way to move the faders in the way that you can whilst holding shift, WITHOUT holding shift. That would complete the desk like feel for me!! Faders with a bit of slowed, slightly heavy resistance are my favourite kind. The K Meter specific master channel is the clincher too. In fact the way metering is handled and displayed is my favourite thing about this theme (I'm also a sucker for tactile looking skeuomorphic design - especially when it's nice and compact as it is here - I use one 1600 x 1200 display and I can fit everything I need very nicely on it with your theme).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I have a new update to add here. It's a minor tweak to the colour scheme for offline and bypassed plugins in the MCP to make them a little easier to read.
I've also just read about a new option due to be added to the next REAPER update for the record enable button so I might add that to my theme update before uploading it.
I'll certainly update in due course when it's ready
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:34 AM   #89
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
I come back to this theme and wonder why I stopped using it.. It really does feel like I'm using a desk. What would please me no end is if the devs implemented a way to move the faders in the way that you can whilst holding shift, WITHOUT holding shift. That would complete the desk like feel for me!! Faders with a bit of slowed, slightly heavy resistance are my favourite kind. The K Meter specific master channel is the clincher too. In fact the way metering is handled and displayed is my favourite thing about this theme (I'm also a sucker for tactile looking skeuomorphic design - especially when it's nice and compact as it is here - I use one 1600 x 1200 display and I can fit everything I need very nicely on it with your theme).



I'll certainly update in due course when it's ready
I initially starting creating this theme as my own personal daily use interface (and it still is). At the time I started, I was also using REAPER for live multitrack gig recording using a laptop and I wanted to be able to fit everything on the screen but also keep things clear and logical.
I've been using the K System now for many years so it was a no brainer for me to add that to this theme. One of the most challenging things here was getting the metering to show the K System as closely as possible to Bob Katz' intentions. It was a LOT of trial and error in Photoshop to get them looking decent.
I'm also a sucker for interfaces that look like expensive hardware. Some of the elements of some of the images in this theme are actual photos from a Neve Genesys console (the buttons and their reflections for example). The playback rate control is a photo of a 1" reel of Ampex 456 sitting on my shelf and the tape head stack is a photo from an Ampex deck.

One other thing I'll probably include in my next update is labelling for the time selection boxes on the transport. I keep meaning to add that and keep forgetting!
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #90
bladerunner
Human being with feelings
 
bladerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 4,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I initially starting creating this theme as my own personal daily use interface (and it still is). At the time I started, I was also using REAPER for live multitrack gig recording using a laptop and I wanted to be able to fit everything on the screen but also keep things clear and logical.
It's one of the most compact themes I'ved used. Good if you're sometimes restricted to a 1366x768 which I sometimes am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I've been using the K System now for many years so it was a no brainer for me to add that to this theme. One of the most challenging things here was getting the metering to show the K System as closely as possible to Bob Katz' intentions. It was a LOT of trial and error in Photoshop to get them looking decent.
I'm also a sucker for interfaces that look like expensive hardware. Some of the elements of some of the images in this theme are actual photos from a Neve Genesys console (the buttons and their reflections for example). The playback rate control is a photo of a 1" reel of Ampex 456 sitting on my shelf and the tape head stack is a photo from an Ampex deck.
That's cool to know there's actual photos of gear used in the theme! Yes, I'm totally on board with the hardware thing.. It's funny that skeumorphic designs often get slated - when it's exactly that element of the design which makes everything so clear. The use of shadow and depth is what I also like a lot about this theme. Everything is very clear to me unlike some other themes that are attractive but end up being too 'noisy' and busy for me.

One other thing I'll probably include in my next update is labelling for the time selection boxes on the transport. I keep meaning to add that and keep forgetting![/QUOTE]
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #91
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,171
Default

Is there a way to get rid of the width control?
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #92
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
It's one of the most compact themes I'ved used. Good if you're sometimes restricted to a 1366x768 which I sometimes am.



That's cool to know there's actual photos of gear used in the theme! Yes, I'm totally on board with the hardware thing.. It's funny that skeumorphic designs often get slated - when it's exactly that element of the design which makes everything so clear. The use of shadow and depth is what I also like a lot about this theme. Everything is very clear to me unlike some other themes that are attractive but end up being too 'noisy' and busy for me.
Just realised I haven't replied to you yet. So glad to hear from someone else who gets the whole 3D thing! One of my kind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Is there a way to get rid of the width control?
Right click.
Or you can change the default pan view option in project settings. You can also change it per project in the ctrl-e window.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #93
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,171
Default

I can't find anything about the width control in project settings, just the pan control
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #94
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I can't find anything about the width control in project settings, just the pan control
I'm not at my computer at the moment but some of the pan modes remove the width control.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #95
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I can't find anything about the width control in project settings, just the pan control
Update now that I'm in front of my laptop with REAPER running.....

Various options for removing width control:
1. Alt+enter (project settings) -> advanced tab -> pan mode -> stereo balance/mono pan or dual pan.
Or..
2. Right click the pan control in either MCP or TCP and select the modes as above.

If you want all future new projects to open without width controls, make sure you hit "save as default project settings" at the end of step 1 above before hitting OK.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #96
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,171
Default

If I do that the width control is still showing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #97
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
If I do that the width control is still showing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
Are you running the latest version of this theme? I added the width control tweaks in the last update.
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #98
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,171
Default

I thought I was, but ill be trying some more in a bit
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.