Old 04-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Aerio
Human being with feelings

Default Devs please don't forget ...

... to let single keystrokes pass thru to the main window, if a child window (plugins etc,) is in front, especially multimedia extra keys (play, stop, next/prev track etc.) (!!!!!)

... to give us an option to ALWAYS open the midi editor docked or undocked! At the moment, newly copied items open alway undocked, for example.

... to let us save default screen positions for plugins!!

... to add an action for flushing FX!

... to add a missing option to Preferences/playback settings: flush fx when stopped and not running (run fx for the time set, then flush).

Many thanks in advance
Aerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Subz

Plugins support keyboard input for a reason! If keys get sent around the plugin there will be many unhappy users and devs!
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
Aerio

If a key isn't used by a plugin, it should be passed thru to the DAW. This works well in Cubase, why shouldn't it do with Reaper?!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
mikeroephonics

To add to this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
... to let us save default screen positions for plugins!!
I'd like if plug-ins could (optionally) snap together like Winamp's windows. Then you could move the entire group around as a set. You'd only have to click+drag 1 of the windows to move them all. Literally like grouped Media Items in REAPER.

I heard someone around here is familiar with Winamp. Lulz.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Subz

Quote:
If a key isn't used by a plugin, it should be passed thru to the DAW. This works well in Cubase, why shouldn't it do with Reaper?!

Interesting, i did not know plugins could pass this info on to the host!

of course a smart system that can know what keys the plugin uses & send the rest through would be far better!

Subz
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Aerio

This isn't the plugin's job. It's all up to the DAW, what's happening with key stroke messages.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
Subz

Quote:
This isn't the plugin's job. It's all up to the DAW, what's happening with key stroke messages.

now i'm confused!

if Cubase dose pass through unused keys but not used keys then the plugin HAS to report this info to the host

of course its the hosts job to choose how to process this info! but cubase either passes all keystrokes through (maybe excluding Arrow keys ect...)or it reads from the plugin what is used & passes the rest through,

it cant be both!

Logically thinking most plugins only use the arrow keys & alt, shift, Ctrl Modifiers for fine/course tuning of GUI Knobs/Sliders with mouse wheel, so a option to pass through qwerty keys when a plugin has focus (optional) makes sense (as long as a txt filed dose not have focus!!!!!!!)

i see only the space bar is passed through currently, & i can see the use in your request & support it!

Subz