COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Quattro
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Default Developer Help

Hi, I think NINJAM is a great idea, in fact I had the same idea a few years ago and just haven't done anything with it. Is there anyway that I can get involved from a development perspective? I am a professional programmer with 7 years experience. Most of my coding has been in VB, however, for the last 2 1/2 years I have been using C#.
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
Hi, I think NINJAM is a great idea, in fact I had the same idea a few years ago and just haven't done anything with it. Is there anyway that I can get involved from a development perspective? I am a professional programmer with 7 years experience. Most of my coding has been in VB, however, for the last 2 1/2 years I have been using C#.
You can grab the source from the web site, and if you wish to submit patches, please send them to me via the forum or via email
(justin@cockos.com).

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
Quattro
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Justin, I previously replied yesterday but it got deleted or something. Here is my reply.

Is NINJAM tied down to the Novell network architecture?
Have you guys considered writing this in a .NET language?
Is NINJAM an open source project?
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
Justin, I previously replied yesterday but it got deleted or something. Here is my reply.

Is NINJAM tied down to the Novell network architecture?
Have you guys considered writing this in a .NET language?
Is NINJAM an open source project?
NINJAM uses simple TCP/IP for communication, and is licensed under the terms of the GPL (making it open source, yes).

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Quattro
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Oh, I'm sorry for some reason when I saw the "Novel Intervallic Network Jamming Architecture for Music" title I thought it said Novell. I'm assuming that you haven't or don't want to consider using a .NET language then. Thanks for the information, I'll have to set this up when I get a cable connection.
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #6
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
Oh, I'm sorry for some reason when I saw the "Novel Intervallic Network Jamming Architecture for Music" title I thought it said Novell. I'm assuming that you haven't or don't want to consider using a .NET language then. Thanks for the information, I'll have to set this up when I get a cable connection.
Yeah I personally prefer programming on portable, unencumbered platforms

And yes, Novel != Novell haha.

-J
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.