Old 11-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Mr Blues
Human being with feelings

Default Thinking of buying Reaper

Hi I'm a newbie.

My name is Dave.

I have read a lot about Reaper, I was going to get Traction 2 but someone advised me no get Reaper.

Am I able to purchase reaper in major shops I live in London UK.

Or do I have to buy it over the Internet, the only problem is that I don't have a credit card.

Plus my computor specs are 551 Mhz 256MB Ram will this be enough processing power to download Reaper?

I explain why I want Reaper . I have a Tascam DP-01FX 8 track digital recording studio and I want to connect it to my computor thru' USB and transfer files and then use Reaper to edit , compress add effects and trim etc.

Its great to meet you all.

dave
Mr Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Mr Blues

All I want to record is just vocals and stereoing miking my guitar and too add a few harmonies.

How many audio tracks does reaper have?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Art Evans
Mortal

Your hardware sounds a bit underpowered but it depends what you want to do in terms of the complexity of project involved.

The great thing about Reaper is that you can download a fully functional version and evaluate it until you are ready to make your decision - then buy it using one of the methods suggested in http://reaper.fm/purchase.php, or delete it from your PC.

The only way to really answer your questions about the suitability of the program is for you to download and try it - and have some fun while you do!
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blues
All I want to record is just vocals and stereoing miking my guitar and too add a few harmonies.

How many audio tracks does reaper have?
All the tracks you want
Old 11-03-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
Mr Blues

Thank you so much for that link.

Man this reaper software is amazing , i am going to get my friend to give me a hand to get started as I am very new to computor recording.

I have downloaded the free trial and will try out out soon. how do I contact the main man so i could send him some dollars or a check and what is the cost . I wish I had a credit card so i can do it over the net.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
fluffy

Reaper run pretty well on my old 500mhz PIII, 256M ram. Assuming you've got an up to date hard disk controller, the limitation will be real time fx. I used to run 32 tracks all the time on that machine, I was limited only by the fx count.