Old 03-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Clegs
Human being with feelings

Default Deleting automation envelopes or many item envelopes.

I wanted to balance volumes on kick hits that were all over the place, so I had to go hit by hit throughout the song. I figured I'd, try automation. I used Dynamic Spitting to split each hit then I created a volume automation envelope and created 4 point areas and adjusted the volume on each split. It got really cumbersome and I quit 1/3 of the way thru, so I decided just to adjust the volume at the item level (not using item automation, but just the item volume lines). This worked fine. Now I wanted to delete the automation envelope/lane and here's where it got weird. I opened the automaton window and unchecked the Volume box thinking that would delete it, but instead the automation envelope disappered and the 4 point areas populated on the track itself (like item envelopes). I seleced all the affected items and right clicked and chose Clear All Automation Envelopes, but it only deleted one; then I tried Delete Points, but got the same result. I had to delete each item envelope individually, as I couldn't figure out any other way to do it.

THE QUESTION: In this or similar situations, how do you delete an automation envelope/lane, or many automation items, all at once? I know this is probably a simple process, but I can't find it. Thanks for your help.
Clegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
nofish

Here's one way to delete an envelope lane:

nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Clegs

I see. Don't know how I missed that.

What about when the points are on the track/item or items? In my case, once I unchecked Volume in the autom dialog box, it diappeared and all the points went directly onto the track items.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
nofish

This doesn't happen here for some reason. When I uncheck Volume in the envelopes dialog box the envelope gets bypassed but not moved to item lane. Maybe that's a Preference.

Anyway, when the env. is in item lane, rightclick on envelope -> Clear or remove envelope...
Then the same dialog box as seen in the gif comes up.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #5
Clegs

OK, cool. Thanks. Note in this instance, I was looking for a way to clear all the item 4 point autom's that were on the track. I had to clear them with that dialog box one at a time. Took a ton of time.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
hopi

two kinds of env's

on is on the TCP track lane.... and that one can be made to show either in the lane or on the item...

you may have inadvertently made it show on the item... there is an action to do that and also to get it back in it's own lane...

in it's own lane, as has been shown, it is easy to remove it
but either way, if you are done with the point you can use the action to select all points and then delete all selected points

the other type of env, is on the item... it can be made active or not by a right clk on the item and then making any of env's offered active or not...
Old 04-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #7
Clegs

Great info. Thanks so much.