Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 07-21-2022, 02:17 PM   #401
MikeKravets
Human being with feelings

Default Midi feedback on X-touch mini

Hi !

I've found strange behavior - when I'm in layer A, tweaking a plugin, go to other one, tweak it too - all fine. But when for example, I turn some controls in layer A, and in layer B, then go back to layer A on the unit, then go to other plugin, then switch to layer B - trying to rotate - controls of plugin jump to the previous position, remembered on the unit. Seems like midi feedback is working only for that particular layer, in which I'm currently work during changing plugins in DAW. Can it be solved, or it's disadvantage of the X-Touch mini ?

Regards !
MikeKravets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:14 AM   #402
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKravets View Post
Hi !

I've found strange behavior - when I'm in layer A, tweaking a plugin, go to other one, tweak it too - all fine. But when for example, I turn some controls in layer A, and in layer B, then go back to layer A on the unit, then go to other plugin, then switch to layer B - trying to rotate - controls of plugin jump to the previous position, remembered on the unit. Seems like midi feedback is working only for that particular layer, in which I'm currently work during changing plugins in DAW. Can it be solved, or it's disadvantage of the X-Touch mini ?

Regards !
Hi Mike,

Firstly - their shouldn't be a disadvantage of the X-Touch mini - so if this is a repeatable error - then I would guess it happens for any controller.

Is it repeatable? Does it happen like this every time you follow this procedure?

It's quite a difficult set of steps to follow exactly - without knowing/seeing exactly what you're doing - and how you have your SK2 plugin templates set up.

I'll try and follow it from your description - but it would be helpful to have some screenshots of how your plugin layouts are set up. You mention Layer A and Layer B (is this for both plugins?) - are these SK2 additional (purple) layers, or main layer and one of the additional layers? You don't specify whether the plugins you're using are the same type - or different.

What automation mode are you in/using when doing this? Are there any automation envelopes written to the tracks?

Because of the complexity and potential factors involved - it would be really helpful to have a video/gif of what you're seeing - which would (hopefully) make it much more easy to understand the exact problem.

If it's possible for you to join the Discord SK2 support group - where screenshots, gifs and other links can be easily posted - that would greatly improve the way we can discuss the problem.

I've not had any noticeable problems here while working with multiple layers and plugins, but perhaps this is something I've not noticed...

Thanks,
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #403
MikeKravets

Hi !

- Yes, repeats everytime, it looks like something is not setup properly from my side
- No automation at all, global mode is in trim/read
- Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Discord (even can not find your support group, it ask me to enter some 4 digits chat identifier). But here is video, and read_me inside, Regards !
https://we.tl/t-CP3RZUqD22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Mike,

Firstly - their shouldn't be a disadvantage of the X-Touch mini - so if this is a repeatable error - then I would guess it happens for any controller.

Is it repeatable? Does it happen like this every time you follow this procedure?

It's quite a difficult set of steps to follow exactly - without knowing/seeing exactly what you're doing - and how you have your SK2 plugin templates set up.

I'll try and follow it from your description - but it would be helpful to have some screenshots of how your plugin layouts are set up. You mention Layer A and Layer B (is this for both plugins?) - are these SK2 additional (purple) layers, or main layer and one of the additional layers? You don't specify whether the plugins you're using are the same type - or different.

What automation mode are you in/using when doing this? Are there any automation envelopes written to the tracks?

Because of the complexity and potential factors involved - it would be really helpful to have a video/gif of what you're seeing - which would (hopefully) make it much more easy to understand the exact problem.

If it's possible for you to join the Discord SK2 support group - where screenshots, gifs and other links can be easily posted - that would greatly improve the way we can discuss the problem.

I've not had any noticeable problems here while working with multiple layers and plugins, but perhaps this is something I've not noticed...

Thanks,
Old 07-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #404
lb0

Quote:
Hi !

- Yes, repeats everytime, it looks like something is not setup properly from my side
- Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Discord (even can not find your support group, it ask me to enter some 4 digits chat identifier). But here is video, and read_me inside, Regards !
Ah - sorry - didn't notice this was the old Smart Knobs thread - I think the discord link is in the Smart Knobs 2 thread first post...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255301

Thanks for the video - I'll try and take a look a little later...
Old 07-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #405
lb0

Quote:
Hi !

Aha - now I understand a bit better - you're using Smart Knobs 1 script and not two.

I've been trying to repeat the problem from your description on the latest Smart Knobs 2 script (which works completely differently - and you don't need to use other plugins like ReaLearn - as it comes with everything to get set up without the need of additional plugins... And of course - I wasn't able to repeat the issue.

First thing I would suggest - as it's very hard for me to support setups that use ReaLearn - as I've never used it - and it wasn't really part of the way Smart Knobs 1 was meant to work - I would suggest maybe taking a bit of time to try Smart Knobs 2. Using it with the XTouch mini - you would need to create a control map to work with that controller (using the Control Map Creator script) - but everything is there so you should be able to get it working with your controller (there are tutorial videos on how to set up).

If you really want to stay with Smart Knobs 1 - I'm not sure I can help with the ReaLearn side of things...

Smart Knobs 2 has many more useful features compared to Smart Knobs 1 - including controlling MIDI CC's, Actions, Track parameters (Volume/Pan etc) and more (so not just plugin parameters).

Take a look at the tutorial videos for SK2 and see if that's something that would be useful to you - I can definitely support problems with SK2 easier - as it's all my code and doesn't rely on any 3rd party bits that I've not tried. Adding ReaLearn to SK1 was someone elses idea to get it working with their controller - but it was never intended by myself...
Old 07-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #406
lb0

Hi again Mike,

I've just watched your other two videos also - and I would say Smart Knobs 2 would be ideal. It is much more flexible - and includes inbuilt functions to handle rotary knobs in relative mode - (4 relative modes available - 3 to cover relative modes that I have come across using XTouch and XTouch extender - and additional mode to match a different Reaper option).

It also has handling to deal with sending Parameter names/values (via SYSX) to a controller - covering MCU type controllers and XTouch/Extender also.

So looking at what you are trying to do - and what you may wish to do in the future - I would recommend taking a look at SK2

I posted a link to the SK2 thread earlier, and on my YouTube channel you can find video's on how to set up and get started with SK2...

Old 07-23-2022, 07:38 AM   #407
MikeKravets

Hi there !
Thanks a lot for your help, I'll definitely try SK2 soon !

Today I've tried to set up X-Touch Mini with SK1 and without Realearn, it works great. I don't understand, why someone took Realearn to work with it.

Only I need to choose some free CCs, because RX on device can not be changed. This is not a problem.

But - problem with jumps is still here. Looks like device is getting midi feedback only for particular open layer on itself. Even at the same plugin. I have assign one knob in layer A, turn it, then switch to Layer B, then turn parameter in plugin by mouse (or in faderbox), then turn back to layer A on device - and I can see, that LED position stays on the old state, of course turning it cause jump.

Even in X-Touch editor you have separate options to set all parameters for layers independently, as well as get and dump settings from(to) device, save the preset. Reminds me workflow with old line6 processors, ugly thing)

And even single fader on the unit can have different CC mapping for each layer. Well, this is cool, but not in this case.

Solution could be - when change layers on device - it should send message to Reaper(don't sure it send something or not), and force midi feedback again.

So, I'll try SK2 and write you back, here, or probably better in SK2 thread, have no hope, but I'll try. Looks like better is to build DIY controller on Arduino with 20 encoders(pretty enough for anything), or even buy some budget one, not the best times to invest into music gear here in Ukraine now.

Best wishes !

Quote:
Hi again Mike,

I've just watched your other two videos also - and I would say Smart Knobs 2 would be ideal. It is much more flexible - and includes inbuilt functions to handle rotary knobs in relative mode - (4 relative modes available - 3 to cover relative modes that I have come across using XTouch and XTouch extender - and additional mode to match a different Reaper option).

It also has handling to deal with sending Parameter names/values (via SYSX) to a controller - covering MCU type controllers and XTouch/Extender also.

So looking at what you are trying to do - and what you may wish to do in the future - I would recommend taking a look at SK2

I posted a link to the SK2 thread earlier, and on my YouTube channel you can find video's on how to set up and get started with SK2...

Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (71.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: png 3.png (28.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 07-23-2022, 08:22 AM   #408
lb0

Quote:
Hi there !
Thanks a lot for your help, I'll definitely try SK2 soon !

Today I've tried to set up X-Touch Mini with SK1 and without Realearn, it works great. I don't understand, why someone took Realearn to work with it.

Only I need to choose some free CCs, because RX on device can not be changed. This is not a problem.

But - problem with jumps is still here. Looks like device is getting midi feedback only for particular open layer on itself. Even at the same plugin. I have assign one knob in layer A, turn it, then switch to Layer B, then turn parameter in plugin by mouse (or in faderbox), then turn back to layer A on device - and I can see, that LED position stays on the old state, of course turning it cause jump.

Even in X-Touch editor you have separate options to set all parameters for layers independently, as well as get and dump settings from(to) device, save the preset. Reminds me workflow with old line6 processors, ugly thing)

And even single fader on the unit can have different CC mapping for each layer. Well, this is cool, but not in this case.

Solution could be - when change layers on device - it should send message to Reaper(don't sure it send something or not), and force midi feedback again.

So, I'll try SK2 and write you back, here, or probably better in SK2 thread, have no hope, but I'll try. Looks like better is to build DIY controller on Arduino with 20 encoders(pretty enough for anything), or even buy some budget one, not the best times to invest into music gear here in Ukraine now.

Best wishes !
I haven't got time to reply in great detail just now (off out), but with SK2 you won't need to use the layer change button on your control surface - as SK2 has built in layers - so SK2 does layer changing for you - and if the layer change buttons on your control surface send midi (without changing layer on the device - not sure) - you can use those to switch layers in SK2. If not - you can use other controls or methods to change layers.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #409
lb0

Quote:
Hi there !
Hi again,

Now I've had a little more time to understand the issue you've described - I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the fact that changing layers on the device sends no signal to the DAW (at least with the way SK works) to indicate that mappings have changed - and therefore it has no way of knowing to resend feedback for the new CC values the controls are mapped to.

I don't know of any way to fix this in this case - would depend on whether the control device sends any message when a layer is changed which could then be used to trigger the sending of feedback.

I currently have no intentions of further development of Smart Knobs 1 - due to the fact that Smart Knobs 2 covers all the functions of version 1 (plus a lot more).

SK2 is designed to be very flexible - and technically should work with *most* standard MIDI controllers. Certainly for the XTouch family and any other MCU capable controllers.

Let me know when you have the chance of trying out SK2 - where I can certainly help out with any queries regarding setup and use.

All the best,
Leon.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:29 AM   #410
lb0

Quote:
Hey Mike,

I noticed you posted to the SK2 thread yesterday - however - I apologize I was unable to reply until now - was battling the worst stage of 'flu - but am now a little better and on the mend...

The message is no longer showing up on the SK2 thread - so just wanted to check that you deliberately removed the message and have since worked out what you needed to know?

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:48 AM   #411
MikeKravets

Hi Leon !
Oh, sorry to hear it ...
I've delete that message, because now I consider to purchase X-Touch instead of Mini one. Testing options on friend of mine device, and found one used in Poland. But for now I need to learn manual precisely and fix issues.
Here is next short video. But no stress, look to it only when you'll get feel better. So later maybe we can make a video call or team viewer with my screen sharing, of course not for free. And if everything will be fixed, I want to make very deep setup for my workflow, and make video review for ukrainian producers about this great approach and your fantastic software.

Take care of yourself, health comes first
Best wishes from Ukraine !

https://share.icloud.com/photos/060K...ESzIS745r2reLw

Quote:
Hey Mike,

I noticed you posted to the SK2 thread yesterday - however - I apologize I was unable to reply until now - was battling the worst stage of 'flu - but am now a little better and on the mend...

The message is no longer showing up on the SK2 thread - so just wanted to check that you deliberately removed the message and have since worked out what you needed to know?

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #412
MikeKravets

And yes, further messages should be in the right thread from my side.
Quote:
Hey Mike,

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:21 PM   #413
lb0

Quote:
And yes, further messages should be in the right thread from my side.
Hi Mike,

Thanks - but it's just the 'flu - and I'm pretty sure I'm over the worst of it now. Lets face it - it's nothing compared to what you guys are going through in Ukraine right now - I cannot even come close to imagining...

I've just watched your video, and I think the jerky faders is probably due to the amount of automation feedback for the assigned parameters. The main issue being the amount of SYSX created for the scribble strips. Updating all 8 scribble strips many times per second creates a lot of SYSX data that probably overloads the capacity of the midi interface/DIN cable.

The good news is that if you right-click on the FB (short for feedback) button in the SK2 GUI - there are options to disable scribble strip updates when playing back (amongst other options - for problems such as those you are experiencing).

So please try out some of those options - and see if any help regarding the jumpy faders...

Regarding your other query about scribble strip colours - the XTouch scribble strip colours are limited to just 8 or so available colours, so matching a colour to a track colour is not as easy without being able to identify the closest colour available - which is not something I've looked into. At the moment - you can simply choose which colour you wish to use for each assignment - but there is no possibility of dynamically matching the scribble strip colour with (for example) the track colour.

Let me know how you get on with the jerky faders - I'm pretty sure that disabling scribble strip updates while playing back will make them much smoother... I should probably look into simply reducing the update frequency of the scribble strips so they don't need to be completely disabled - just throttled in some way...
Old 10-18-2022, 03:46 PM   #414
7enz

Hi,
LB0

im using the smartknobs script version 1, and i find the interface very compact and the script extremely useful for monitoring.
In the Lua code of the script, would you know which line i would need to modify... so that the script hooks the VST's from another project??

im currently using realearn, to bring the VST into view from inside another project-tab... however the smartknobs script will only hook based on current focused project..

would you be able to tell me which of the lines i could modify to have the SKS hook based on lets say project tab 2..
as i mentioned i have the VST focussed from another project Tab in view... but unable to get the script to hook

i did play around with the script in a attempt to make it work... but im not entirely familiar with lua or the limitations of the Reascript API & whether this hooking (per project) is even possible?

any help would be awesome

Last edited by 7enz; 10-18-2022 at 03:54 PM.
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #415
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7enz View Post
Hi,
LB0

im using the smartknobs script version 1, and i find the interface very compact and the script extremely useful for monitoring.
In the Lua code of the script, would you know which line i would need to modify... so that the script hooks the VST's from another project??

im currently using realearn, to bring the VST into view from inside another project-tab... however the smartknobs script will only hook based on current focused project..

would you be able to tell me which of the lines i could modify to have the SKS hook based on lets say project tab 2..
as i mentioned i have the VST focussed from another project Tab in view... but unable to get the script to hook

i did play around with the script in a attempt to make it work... but im not entirely familiar with lua or the limitations of the Reascript API & whether this hooking (per project) is even possible?

any help would be awesome
Hi 7enz,

I could be wrong - as this is not something I have tried - but it might be possible by adjusting the first parameter in calls to reaper.GetTrack and setting the first parameter to a project number other than 0 (0 being the active project).

This track could then be passed into any calls to the TrackFX_XYZ functions to gain control over that plugin. However - not being something I've ever tried - I don't know if the TrackFX_XYZ functions would respond correctly to a track from another project - but I would think they might as otherwise what's the point of obtaining a track from another project if you cannot use it in the other API functions.

As far as adjusting the code for SK to be able to do this - it would be quite a complex task - as you wouldn't want to change the project when finding the track for the CTL track (with the faderbox on it). This would need to always find the track from the current project.

But for info - key functions to look into would be: GetFocusedFX, GetFaderBoxVals, ReadParamVals, as well as many others - including the wrapper GetTrack function (which does most of the calls to reaper.GetTrack) - which would need to be adapted to be able to pass in the project number depending on context of where it is being called.

It certainly wouldn't be a case of simply switching the project number in all the calls to the GetTrack function - only those referencing the focused plugin track.

Another concern - is whether the reaper.GetFocusedFX function call would return information regarding a plugin in another project - I cannot find any information as to whether it would or not. It certainly only returns a track, and not a project (but I guess this track could still be referring to a track in a different project). If not - you would need another way of determining which plugin and project to focus.

So although I cannot give a definitive answer as to whether it's possible - all I can say is it may be possible - but you would need to go through the SK code carefully and wherever it 'gets' a track - you would need to specify whether that track should be got from a different project or the active one (for the __LBX_CTL track).

Good luck if you give it a go - and let me know how you get on...
Old 10-18-2022, 04:37 PM   #416
7enz

thanks for the hints, lb0,
i'll have a play around with the code... not liking my chances of success but... will see what happens lol
cheeRs
Old 03-07-2023, 01:52 PM   #417
DaniloVillanova

Hi lb0, I can't get this script to work. Is it deprecated?

Version 2 is not suitable for normal knobs (non-encoders) so I thought I'd try this one.

I mapped my controls to faderbox and learned some plugin controls. They appear in the script GUI and they 'move' in the GUI when I move them in the plugin. The faders in faderbox are moving but they don't affect the script/plugin.

I've noticed that when I open the script, whenever I move a mapped control, the fader returns to 0 in faderbox when I let go of the control. This doesn't happen when the script is closed.
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:24 PM   #418
7enz

heres SKS Version 1
just a quick demo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoXs3-8WuY
Old 03-08-2023, 02:58 PM   #419
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
Hi lb0, I can't get this script to work. Is it deprecated?

Version 2 is not suitable for normal knobs (non-encoders) so I thought I'd try this one.

I mapped my controls to faderbox and learned some plugin controls. They appear in the script GUI and they 'move' in the GUI when I move them in the plugin. The faders in faderbox are moving but they don't affect the script/plugin.

I've noticed that when I open the script, whenever I move a mapped control, the fader returns to 0 in faderbox when I let go of the control. This doesn't happen when the script is closed.
Hi,

It's not really deprecated - more superceded. But it still works.

It has been years since I've used it TBH - so my memory of how it all works is a little hazy.

Assuming you have got the plugin GUI open - which I think you have to to have it focused in the script - I'm not sure what the problem may be without knowing a bit more about how you have it set up? What controller you are using etc.

Is the plugin on a muted track? - I know a recent preference was added which disables plugins on muted tracks - this has the result that you can control the plugin from the plugin GUI, but not from the Reaper API which Smart Knobs uses.

I'm just guessing there - and probably not your problem as usually you would want to control plugins on unmuted tracks - so it may well be something else which I'm happy to investigate given a bit more info.

But as with SK2 - this was designed with midi feedback in mind - to control the position of encoders or motorized faders. But as long as you can get the controller moving the faders in the faderbox in a satisfactory way - then it should work.

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 03-08-2023, 03:19 PM   #420
DaniloVillanova

Quote:
Hi,

It's not really deprecated - more superceded. But it still works.

It has been years since I've used it TBH - so my memory of how it all works is a little hazy.

Assuming you have got the plugin GUI open - which I think you have to to have it focused in the script - I'm not sure what the problem may be without knowing a bit more about how you have it set up? What controller you are using etc.

Is the plugin on a muted track? - I know a recent preference was added which disables plugins on muted tracks - this has the result that you can control the plugin from the plugin GUI, but not from the Reaper API which Smart Knobs uses.

I'm just guessing there - and probably not your problem as usually you would want to control plugins on unmuted tracks - so it may well be something else which I'm happy to investigate given a bit more info.

But as with SK2 - this was designed with midi feedback in mind - to control the position of encoders or motorized faders. But as long as you can get the controller moving the faders in the faderbox in a satisfactory way - then it should work.

Cheers,
Leon.
Thanks for the reply, Leon. It's working now after a restart for some reason. IDK what was the problem, but probably user error. The faders moving back to zero had to do with the fact that I was using ReaLearn before Faderbox to map the controls. Once remoed, it works well.

It does seem however that the control is smoother in Faderbox than in the target plugin control, which looks a bit choppy. Any way to smooth that from my end? Thanks for the awesome script!
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 01:58 AM   #421
7enz

Quote:
Hi 7enz,

I could be wrong - as this is not something I have tried - but it might be possible by adjusting the first parameter in calls to reaper.GetTrack and setting the first parameter to a project number other than 0 (0 being the active project).

This track could then be passed into any calls to the TrackFX_XYZ functions to gain control over that plugin. However - not being something I've ever tried - I don't know if the TrackFX_XYZ functions would respond correctly to a track from another project - but I would think they might as otherwise what's the point of obtaining a track from another project if you cannot use it in the other API functions.

As far as adjusting the code for SK to be able to do this - it would be quite a complex task - as you wouldn't want to change the project when finding the track for the CTL track (with the faderbox on it). This would need to always find the track from the current project.

But for info - key functions to look into would be: GetFocusedFX, GetFaderBoxVals, ReadParamVals, as well as many others - including the wrapper GetTrack function (which does most of the calls to reaper.GetTrack) - which would need to be adapted to be able to pass in the project number depending on context of where it is being called.

It certainly wouldn't be a case of simply switching the project number in all the calls to the GetTrack function - only those referencing the focused plugin track.

Another concern - is whether the reaper.GetFocusedFX function call would return information regarding a plugin in another project - I cannot find any information as to whether it would or not. It certainly only returns a track, and not a project (but I guess this track could still be referring to a track in a different project). If not - you would need another way of determining which plugin and project to focus.

So although I cannot give a definitive answer as to whether it's possible - all I can say is it may be possible - but you would need to go through the SK code carefully and wherever it 'gets' a track - you would need to specify whether that track should be got from a different project or the active one (for the __LBX_CTL track).

Good luck if you give it a go - and let me know how you get on...
Hi, lb0
i managed to figure out a workaround method of utilising your script to basically have x2 SKS V1 scripts working across 2 separate project tabs without modifying any part of your script!!

Basically im running 2 instances of Reaper on a M1 mac and have mapped LBX-faderboxes to different midi assignments... so that the faderboxes dont mirror one another.

by trying this i have solved other problems... like changing the tempo across both projects simultaneously.
Audio sent across the 2 instances, is solved by using the blackhole app 64channel version(x32 stereo channels) which to my suprise works very well, as the loopback function doesnt share audio between separate instances unfortunately
Old 02-10-2024, 01:27 PM   #422
Rockum

Quote:
aha - well I've never had any luck and tried several times - and never seen CC APOT option (I generally use an Impulse keyboard, but do have an old SL remote mkI with a dodgy screen). I'll have to look again... Is this in midi mode - or Automap mode?

Anyway - how I set up the Impulse to with this script - Place LBX Faderbox inside ReaJS. Automap enable ReaJS, and then set up the F1-F32 faders in automap.

This works nicely. Of course you can easily change the sensitivity within automap of the encoders - but it would be nicer to change sensitivity in the script - I know...

I want to be able to populate the Scribble strips on the Remote SL (when the screen works - which is half the time). As far as I know it's just sending SYSX - and I have a way in my head how to get the faderbox to send the SYSX data - but it's all theory so far.
Were you ever able to get it to write to the scribble strips. I would love this to work with my Zero SL MkII. Novation created a dll for easier host mode communication. Let me know if it would help you. I think I also the documentation floating around here somewhere.
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:39 AM   #423
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockum View Post
Were you ever able to get it to write to the scribble strips. I would love this to work with my Zero SL MkII. Novation created a dll for easier host mode communication. Let me know if it would help you. I think I also the documentation floating around here somewhere.
I don't think I did with this version of the script. Version 2 of the script - SK2 - which works very differently - does write to the scribble strips however (using the standard Mackie SYSX implementation).
Old 03-03-2024, 05:34 PM   #424
Rockum

Quote:
I don't think I did with this version of the script. Version 2 of the script - SK2 - which works very differently - does write to the scribble strips however (using the standard Mackie SYSX implementation).
Thank you for letting me know. I would love it if I could find a way to see the parameter names, but perhaps there is another solution. Can LBX Stripper and SRD Smart Knobs work together so that an LBX Strip continually gets and displays the parameter names and values of the currently selected SRD Smart Knobs Plugin?

If it could, I could design a single LBX Strip that looks like my controller and have the strip mirror feedback of what the controller was doing in SRD Smart Knobs.

Possible? Thanks again!

Last edited by Rockum; 03-03-2024 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:07 PM   #425
Rockum

I think I have got this close to sending parameter names out to the ZERO SL screen. Which I asked about earlier. It also occurred to me that I could probably add a little IMG Gui window that displayed the names of what the Zero was controlling.

Someone requested that banks be colored. That was easy to add when I'm done I'll come back with that since it might be worth sharing.

These are wonderful tools, thanks again so much.