Old 12-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
mabian

Default v6.18+dev1203 - December 3 2020

v6.18+dev1203 - December 3 2020
  • * Includes branch: 2nd pass render
  • * Includes feature branch: per-chain PDC mode and overhaul/optimization
  • * Includes feature branch: razor editing
  • + Media explorer: display media source preferred position (BWF time reference or XMP relative timestamp)
  • + Media explorer: include XMP metadata when writing user-edited metadata to .flac files
  • + Media explorer: set media offline before rewriting metadata, in case the file is already in use in the arrange view
  • + Media explorer: support writing edited source preferred position back to media files that support BWF, iXML, or XMP metadata
  • + Metadata: add flac to displayed list of file types that support iXML metadata
  • + Metadata: add option to embed media time reference (media preferred position within project)
  • + Metadata: support XMP relativeTimestamp (similar to BWF TimeReference, media source preferred position)
  • + Metadata: support embedding iXML metadata in mp3 files
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
svijayrathinam
Human being with feelings

This is amazing. While the developers are working on media explorer, I have a small request. it would be great to add take markers and embed it directly from media explorer. Currently I am only able to add take markers in arrange view and then render them out. It would be very useful for many of us if we can add take markers and embed them to flac files and wav files directly from media explorer.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
blackbollocks

+1000
It could be a game changer compared to soundminerish softwares workflow!
blackbollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
mawi

I think there are also audio files that have loop start and end points, which can be read by samplers. It would be nice if we could edit or remove this also in the ME.
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
musicbynumbers

Thanks for these media explorer features! Very useful thanks.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #6
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
This is amazing. While the developers are working on media explorer, I have a small request. it would be great to add take markers and embed it directly from media explorer. Currently I am only able to add take markers in arrange view and then render them out. It would be very useful for many of us if we can add take markers and embed them to flac files and wav files directly from media explorer.
I wouldn't say no to this either but for "cue markers" rather than take markers as cue markers are part of the wav header so a lot simpler.

BUT... I have a feeling it's probably not that easy to do but would be nice for sure!

Hmm, I guess take markers might be easier if they can go somewhere in the header with the other new data but I still think cue markers are more useful as they will show up in nearly all audio software
Old 12-04-2020, 03:34 AM   #7
oofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabian View Post
[*]+ Media explorer: display media source preferred position (BWF time reference or XMP relative timestamp)
Great addition, this gets better and better.

Is there a way to configure this time info to be displayed in the same units as the main clock? ie HH:MM:SS:FF, Samples etc etc
oofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:12 AM   #8
PhelixK

* Includes branch: 2nd pass render
great, love it!

+ Media explorer:
Regarding macOS, I've replied with some more feedback here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....97#post2373097

PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:20 AM   #9
deeb

In searches i don't like to see the full path on the results (because it's more clear) but when i select a file or a folder this would be very handy:

Option for showing full path in the bottom of media explorer

Also and maybe i am missing something! but i have noticed that search box in ME is cleared when change to folder or go to parent folder button which is really not good.
Is this intensional?
Old 12-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
deeb

I also noticed that searches are not kept in history if enter is not pressed. I understand this is per purpose since might be tricky for reaper to know what is the final keyword, but could we assume if i click a file or change to a folder it means that the search box has the final keywords that i am looking, and so keep it in history?
Maybe optional?

Edit: or if I click somewhere in ME

Last edited by deeb; 12-04-2020 at 12:35 PM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
nikolalkc

I would like to remind you guys about this feature request I asked for about two years ago. Would it be possible to implement color coded previously played sounds now?

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206072