Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-17-2020, 04:45 AM   #41
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by herg67 View Post
I did that and nothing changed. Still have the same issues.
What issues? Everybody here wants to help beginners but it is a bit of a waste of time if you cannot specify clearly your problems.

Did you follow the installation notes in the manual? Especially, to deactivate the MIDI in-/outputs of the device in Reaper?
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #42
poetnprophet

I know you don't like me very much, but I also did a video on how to setup CSI from scratch, you can check it out here as it might be helpful to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5IC-fuI0E8

edit: I did this over a year ago, some things may have changed since, just a disclaimer.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #43
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I know you don't like me very much, but I also did a video on how to setup CSI from scratch, you can check it out here as it might be helpful to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5IC-fuI0E8

edit: I did this over a year ago, some things may have changed since, just a disclaimer.
If you are referring to me, I never once said I didn't like you. I was just not fully understanding some of the acronyms you (and others) were using. I do now and already checked your video earlier this morning which was helpful. I did follow the link to download the CSI file but it says it is no longer available hence my post here today.
herg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #44
poetnprophet

FYI the link above is a different video specific to CSI. The previous video I referenced was general control surface stuff because you said you had no interest in getting into CSI at that time.

Here is think link to download CSI:
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip

Here is the link to the main thread, you should really make contact in this forum, that's where the real help is from people way more knowledgeable and Patient than I am.
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
Old 09-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #45
herg67

I have got as far as installing the CSI file from the instructions, everything was going fine until it got a bit confusing for me here:

Now navigate to your CSI preferences and click Add Eucon
Select the number of channels you'd like to make available (e.g. if your typical project size is around 40 tracks, maybe select 48 tracks here to leave yourself some extra channels - if you added too many channels you will be wasting resources. Think of this like purchasing a console where you're custom ordering a fixed number of channels. You can always change it mid-session if necessary)
Select which Pan mode options you'd like to have available
Click OK to save the surface then close out the CSI preferences
Go back to Reaper's main Preferences -> Control/OSC/Web screen
Click Add

Select Eucon from the dropdown and click ok to save

I also can't see the icon QCon Pro G2 in any of the lists.

Eucon did NOT show in the drop down after following those instructions.

It's like rocket science.

Last edited by herg67; 09-17-2020 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #46
siniarch

Quote:
I have got as far as installing the CSI file from the instructions, everything was going fine until it got a bit confusing for me here:

Now navigate to your CSI preferences and click Add Eucon
Select the number of channels you'd like to make available (e.g. if your typical project size is around 40 tracks, maybe select 48 tracks here to leave yourself some extra channels - if you added too many channels you will be wasting resources. Think of this like purchasing a console where you're custom ordering a fixed number of channels. You can always change it mid-session if necessary)
Select which Pan mode options you'd like to have available
Click OK to save the surface then close out the CSI preferences
Go back to Reaper's main Preferences -> Control/OSC/Web screen
Click Add

Select Eucon from the dropdown and click ok to save

I also can't see the icon QCon Pro G2 in any of the lists.

Eucon did NOT show in the drop down after following those instructions.

It's like rocket science.
Hey, not sure why you are selecting Eucon with CSI and QCon Pro G2. You need to put your QCon Pro G2 in Mackie MCU mode. And then download my MST file and ZON files listed on my post.
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/sinisou...con-pro-g2-csi

Those files need to be set up in the correct folders. Look at the previous post I did which has my folder structure and make sure the: LuisG2.mst (or whatever you want to call it) is under the CSI\Surfaces\Midi folder as per the images I provided.

And the : LuisG2 folder is under the \CSI\Zones folder with the provided ZON files in it.

Make sure the CSI folder is copied to the correct folder in your computer. Again, that's why I provided screen shots. If you look at the top of each one, you can see the entire folder path on my computer. Your computer may be different but should be similar.

Then in REAPER Config, you go to "Contro/OSC/web" at the bottom.

You select "Control Surface Intergator" (double click it)

Select a page on the left. Mine is called "HomePage" but yours may differ.
if there isn't a page on the left, I thing under the left side you can see and ADD button. Add one.

Then on the right side you should see some standard consoles. Mine has listed "Console1, LaunchPad, iPad, iPhone, EuCon" and I added "QConEX, QConG2" but your's wont show this yet I don't believe.

Then under the right window you will see some buttons. You want to click on "ADD MIDI"

Name your Midi Surface. I named mine QConG2 and QConEX. (I added the EX one first because I have my extender on the left side and I want that to have the first 8 tracks, and my G2 is on the right and I want it to have tracks 9-16)

Select your MidiIN and MidiOUT (should correspond to your QConG2 surface

and I left all the check boxes un-ticked.

This will add the control surface to REAPER Through CSI.

Do NOT USE EuCON as that is for AVID controllers and not for MIDI controllers.
Hope that helps. Again, I'll make a video as soon as I get a chance.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #47
poetnprophet

Quote:
If you are referring to me, I never once said I didn't like you. I was just not fully understanding some of the acronyms you (and others) were using. I do now and already checked your video earlier this morning which was helpful. I did follow the link to download the CSI file but it says it is no longer available hence my post here today.
It's ok, I was being melodramatic about that, but you said something about getting beat up, which is a little offensive to me because I and others gave you a mountain of info that it seems you have yet to digest or properly perform.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #48
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
What issues? Everybody here wants to help beginners but it is a bit of a waste of time if you cannot specify clearly your problems.

Did you follow the installation notes in the manual? Especially, to deactivate the MIDI in-/outputs of the device in Reaper?
I agree Moss. He hadn't installed DrivenByMoss or CSI and kept saying he had the same issue. That's why I asked on one of my posts above. My posts are long at times because it's difficult to convey thing via text/posts. And although I may know what I'm referring to, the person reading does not.

I think he's on the right track now, but certainly it is easier to help diagnose problems when people are more clear about what they are actually doing and what the exact problem is. We will all learn to be better communicators with practice.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #49
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
It's ok, I was being melodramatic about that, but you said something about getting beat up, which is a little offensive to me because I and others gave you a mountain of info that it seems you have yet to digest or properly perform.
My apologies if it came across like that. I have allowed myself to get too stressed about it. I really appreciate all the help and patience here.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #50
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Hey, not sure why you are selecting Eucon with CSI and QCon Pro G2. You need to put your QCon Pro G2 in Mackie MCU mode. And then download my MST file and ZON files listed on my post.
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/sinisou...con-pro-g2-csi

Those files need to be set up in the correct folders. Look at the previous post I did which has my folder structure and make sure the: LuisG2.mst (or whatever you want to call it) is under the CSI\Surfaces\Midi folder as per the images I provided.

And the : LuisG2 folder is under the \CSI\Zones folder with the provided ZON files in it.

Make sure the CSI folder is copied to the correct folder in your computer. Again, that's why I provided screen shots. If you look at the top of each one, you can see the entire folder path on my computer. Your computer may be different but should be similar.

Then in REAPER Config, you go to "Contro/OSC/web" at the bottom.

You select "Control Surface Intergator" (double click it)

Select a page on the left. Mine is called "HomePage" but yours may differ.
if there isn't a page on the left, I thing under the left side you can see and ADD button. Add one.

Then on the right side you should see some standard consoles. Mine has listed "Console1, LaunchPad, iPad, iPhone, EuCon" and I added "QConEX, QConG2" but your's wont show this yet I don't believe.

Then under the right window you will see some buttons. You want to click on "ADD MIDI"

Name your Midi Surface. I named mine QConG2 and QConEX. (I added the EX one first because I have my extender on the left side and I want that to have the first 8 tracks, and my G2 is on the right and I want it to have tracks 9-16)

Select your MidiIN and MidiOUT (should correspond to your QConG2 surface

and I left all the check boxes un-ticked.

This will add the control surface to REAPER Through CSI.

Do NOT USE EuCON as that is for AVID controllers and not for MIDI controllers.
Hope that helps. Again, I'll make a video as soon as I get a chance.
Ok, I followed all those instructions to the letter but still the console acts exactly the same as before installing this.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:22 PM   #51
siniarch

Quote:
Ok, I followed all those instructions to the letter but still the console acts exactly the same as before installing this.
Herg67,

When you say "console acts exactly the same as before installing this." That is very vague and not a clear description unfortunately.
We on this side, do not know what you mean by that. Perhaps if we use numbers for issues we can break down what is not working:

1. You can't see the icon QCon Pro G2 in any of the lists?

2. Is the SOLO light not lighting up?

3. when you select multiple tracks and try to move the volume on one track, the other tracks jitter and seem to be fighting with it?

4. Having issues with "getting just the audio tracks to show in the icon, not midi/folder etc. being able to filter these out "

5. This "it would be nice for Reaper to follow track selections on the icon"

6. or This "I also need to get track selections from touching faders"

Please let us know.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #52
herg67

Quote:
Herg67,

When you say "console acts exactly the same as before installing this." That is very vague and not a clear description unfortunately.
We on this side, do not know what you mean by that. Perhaps if we use numbers for issues we can break down what is not working:

1. You can't see the icon QCon Pro G2 in any of the lists?

2. Is the SOLO light not lighting up?

3. when you select multiple tracks and try to move the volume on one track, the other tracks jitter and seem to be fighting with it?

4. Having issues with "getting just the audio tracks to show in the icon, not midi/folder etc. being able to filter these out "

5. This "it would be nice for Reaper to follow track selections on the icon"

6. or This "I also need to get track selections from touching faders"

Please let us know.
Sorry. yes I meant nothing has changed ie, all of the above. I selected QCon Pro G2 in the list and set the midi to the QCon Pro G2 and nothing changed with the controller. Incidentally, icon support have got back to me and said they will be addressing the solo button issue in the next firmware which is excellent news.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #53
peter5992

Quote:
Incidentally, icon support have got back to me and said they will be addressing the solo button issue in the next firmware which is excellent news.

Oh ... that is good news indeed. That's the one thing that irritates me most.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #54
siniarch

Quote:
Sorry. yes I meant nothing has changed ie, all of the above. I selected QCon Pro G2 in the list and set the midi to the QCon Pro G2 and nothing changed with the controller. Incidentally, icon support have got back to me and said they will be addressing the solo button issue in the next firmware which is excellent news.
That is strange.

If you take a look at the picture I sent you earlier of my surface. If you see where the button called MIXER is. Does that button work now that you have installed CSI.

Does it bring up the MIXER (MCP) window?
Old 09-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #55
herg67

Quote:
That is strange.

If you take a look at the picture I sent you earlier of my surface. If you see where the button called MIXER is. Does that button work now that you have installed CSI.

Does it bring up the MIXER (MCP) window?
No it doesn't
Old 09-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #56
siniarch

Quote:
No it doesn't
This tells me that you have not installed CSI properly. At least not with my files.

Sounds like you might still be connecting to Reaper with the regular Method.

A couple of things to think about:

1. Have you restarted reaper after making the changes.
2. Have you restarted the G2 controller after making the changes.
3. If you look at a post by Moss, he said "Especially, to deactivate the MIDI in-/outputs of the device in Reaper?" If you go to Settings\Audio\Midi-Devices. Have you deactivated The QCon Pro G2 there. You cannot activate it here and have it work with CSI?
Old 09-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #57
herg67

Quote:
This tells me that you have not installed CSI properly. At least not with my files.

Sounds like you might still be connecting to Reaper with the regular Method.

A couple of things to think about:

1. Have you restarted reaper after making the changes.
2. Have you restarted the G2 controller after making the changes.
3. If you look at a post by Moss, he said "Especially, to deactivate the MIDI in-/outputs of the device in Reaper?" If you go to Settings\Audio\Midi-Devices. Have you deactivated The QCon Pro G2 there. You cannot activate it here and have it work with CSI?
Yes to all above questions.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #58
siniarch

Quote:
Yes to all above questions.
That is really weird.
Here are my Zone files

LuisG2.Zip (LuisG2.Zon - the Zone file should be place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zon es\LuisG2) (note the file name and the folder name are the same)

LuisG2EX.zip (LuisG2EX.Zon - place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zon es\LuisG2EX) (note the file name and the folder name are the same)

And here are my MST files.

Midi.Zip (LuisG2.mst & LuisG2EX.mst - Place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Sur faces\Midi)

If you try with these files and that Mixer button is not working, then you are somehow not connecting to CSI because this should get that button to work.

Also, when you re-power the QCon G2 unit, make sure you go into the 1st mode. MCU Mackie mode.

Let me know if that works. If not maybe we can do a video chat with Skype and see if I can see something.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LuisG2.zip (9.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: zip LuisG2EX.zip (4.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: zip Midi.zip (4.4 KB, 98 views)
Old 09-19-2020, 01:00 AM   #59
herg67

Quote:
That is really weird.
Here are my Zone files

LuisG2.Zip (LuisG2.Zon - the Zone file should be place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zon es\LuisG2) (note the file name and the folder name are the same)

LuisG2EX.zip (LuisG2EX.Zon - place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zon es\LuisG2EX) (note the file name and the folder name are the same)

And here are my MST files.

Midi.Zip (LuisG2.mst & LuisG2EX.mst - Place under C:\User\UserName???\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Sur faces\Midi)

If you try with these files and that Mixer button is not working, then you are somehow not connecting to CSI because this should get that button to work.

Also, when you re-power the QCon G2 unit, make sure you go into the 1st mode. MCU Mackie mode.

Let me know if that works. If not maybe we can do a video chat with Skype and see if I can see something.
I will double check all this and report back as I am sure there is something I may have missed in the link.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #60
herg67

Ok, just checked the paths and all correct except in the Surfaces - midi folder
the mst files I downloaded show as LuisG2 and LuisG2EX with but with no .mst at the end of the file. They are def the files from the .mst zip I unboxed from downloading your links. In fact, when I look at their properties it states they are MST files.

You are showing me the same files as LuisG2.mst & LuisG2EX.mst so do I add the .mst to the files myself ?
Old 09-20-2020, 09:53 AM   #61
siniarch

Quote:
Ok, just checked the paths and all correct except in the Surfaces - midi folder
the mst files I downloaded show as LuisG2 and LuisG2EX with but with no .mst at the end of the file. They are def the files from the .mst zip I unboxed from downloading your links. In fact, when I look at their properties it states they are MST files.

You are showing me the same files as LuisG2.mst & LuisG2EX.mst so do I add the .mst to the files myself ?
Here is a screen shot of the Midi.Zip file contents that I uploaded.

as you can see, inside the Zip file are 2 files. LuisG2.mst and LuisG2EX.mst. If the ".mst" is not showing on your Windows Explorer (assuming you have windows). Then it is most likely because a setting on your windows explorer to not show "file Extensions" (meaning the 3 letter after the period of a filename.ext)
When you open Windows Explorer, go to menu FILE\OPTIONS\VIEW and notice how the "Hide Extensions for know file types" is UNCHECKED. If yours is checked, then it will not show the ".MST" at the end of a file.

In any case, YES, you should put those two files into your \CSI\Surfaces\Midi Folder. Without them, there is no way for CSI to tell it how to communicate with your surface.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #62
herg67

Quote:
Here is a screen shot of the Midi.Zip file contents that I uploaded.

as you can see, inside the Zip file are 2 files. LuisG2.mst and LuisG2EX.mst. If the ".mst" is not showing on your Windows Explorer (assuming you have windows). Then it is most likely because a setting on your windows explorer to not show "file Extensions" (meaning the 3 letter after the period of a filename.ext)
When you open Windows Explorer, go to menu FILE\OPTIONS\VIEW and notice how the "Hide Extensions for know file types" is UNCHECKED. If yours is checked, then it will not show the ".MST" at the end of a file.

In any case, YES, you should put those two files into your \CSI\Surfaces\Midi Folder. Without them, there is no way for CSI to tell it how to communicate with your surface.
Yes, you are correct, I can now see the .mst extensions showing. Thanks.

In that case all files are in their proper places so I don't know where to go from here.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #63
siniarch

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, I can now see the .mst extensions showing. Thanks.

In that case all files are in their proper places so I don't know where to go from here.
Will send a PM with my skype info. If you call with your cell phone, I will pick up on mine and perhaps we can troubleshoot the installation. (use the cell so we can point the camera at our computer screens.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:18 AM   #64
herg67

Quote:
Will send a PM with my skype info. If you call with your cell phone, I will pick up on mine and perhaps we can troubleshoot the installation. (use the cell so we can point the camera at our computer screens.
I appreciate your offer but I am afraid my mobile is pretty old and doesn’t do skype etc as I am not into phones, in fact I hate them. I will have another go at setting this up and see if I have missed anything.

Last edited by herg67; 09-21-2020 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #65
herg67

Can you just clarify, in the midi surface setting in Reaper, what do I select for surface and zone folder in the Templates ?
Old 09-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #66
siniarch

Default CSI Installation with QCon Pro G2

Quote:
Can you just clarify, in the midi surface setting in Reaper, what do I select for surface and zone folder in the Templates ?
Ok. I'm hoping this works for you (you might already have done this, but I'm just making sure I'm being thorough):
1. Open Reaper Preferences

2. Navigate to AUDIO\MIDI DEVICES

3. Make sure "iCON QCON Pro G2 V1.08" or the "iCON QCON EX1 G2 V1.08" are all DISABLED. (on my image they say "not present" that is because the Qcons are not plugged in at the moment. But they need to be disabled here)

4. Navigate to the preference menu called "CONTROL/OSC/WEB" toward the bottom.

5. On the right, click on the "ADD" button next to the "EDIT" button.

6. When the "Control Surface Settings" window comes up, make sure you select "CONTROL SURFACE INTEGRATOR"

7. Once you have selected "Control Surface Integrator" the "Control Surface Setting" window will look like this.

8. Make sure you select the "HOMEPAGE" under the "Pages" window on the left.

9. Then on the right, as long as you haven't deleted them before, the standard surfaces will come up on the right window labeled "Surfaces" (Console1, LaunchPad, iPad, iPhone, EuCon"). (on the above screen, you see QConEX and QConG2. Those should not be there yet, but they are in my system because I have set them up before)

10. Under the "Surfaces" Window you will see an "ADD MIDI" button. Click that.

11. Then a window named "Midi Surface" will come up that looks like this.

12. Under the "Name" setting, you can name this whatever you want."hergQconG2"?

13. Under the Midi In, you need to find the QCon G2 IN. (again, I don't have my Qcon Plugged in, so I couldn't show this)

14. Under the Midi Out, you need to find the QCon G2 OUT. (again, I don't have my Qcon plugged in, so I couldn't show this)

15. If you've placed the LuisG2.mst file in the correct folder for Reaper Roaming then you can select "LuisG2.mst"

16. If you've placed the LuisG2.zon file in a folder named exactly as the mst file "LuisG2" then the Zone Folder would automatically have selected on this category "LuisG2" which points to the Zone file of the same name. If it's not in the right place, this is an issue.

17. I've left all the checkboxes unchecked. Not sure if I need to check anything, but for now, this is working for me.

18. Click "OK" button and that should be it. At this point, your faders should quickly move all the way down and then all the way back up to 0.(if that's where they are set on their corresponding track)

19. Every time you change the MST and the ZONE file and SAVE those files. You must go back to this last screen and hit OK to re-load those files. Otherwise any changes you make will not re-fresh. Or you can turn off the G2 and turn back on, but this is quicker.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:48 AM   #67
herg67

Quote:
Ok. I'm hoping this works for you (you might already have done this, but I'm just making sure I'm being thorough):

3. Make sure "iCON QCON Pro G2 V1.08" or the "iCON QCON EX1 G2 V1.08" are all DISABLED. (on my image they say "not present" that is because the Qcons are not plugged in at the moment. But they need to be disabled here)

6. When the "Control Surface Settings" window comes up, make sure you select "CONTROL SURFACE INTEGRATOR"

7. Once you have selected "Control Surface Integrator" the "Control Surface Setting" window will look like this.

9. Then on the right, as long as you haven't deleted them before, the standard surfaces will come up on the right window labeled "Surfaces" (Console1, LaunchPad, iPad, iPhone, EuCon"). (on the above screen, you see QConEX and QConG2. Those should not be there yet, but they are in my system because I have set them up before)

13. Under the Midi In, you need to find the QCon G2 IN. (again, I don't have my Qcon Plugged in, so I couldn't show this)

14. Under the Midi Out, you need to find the QCon G2 OUT. (again, I don't have my Qcon plugged in, so I couldn't show this)

15. If you've placed the LuisG2.mst file in the correct folder for Reaper Roaming then you can select "LuisG2.mst"

16. If you've placed the LuisG2.zon file in a folder named exactly as the mst file "LuisG2" then the Zone Folder would automatically have selected on this category "LuisG2" which points to the Zone file of the same name. If it's not in the right place, this is an issue.

17. I've left all the checkboxes unchecked. Not sure if I need to check anything, but for now, this is working for me.

18. Click "OK" button and that should be it. At this point, your faders should quickly move all the way down and then all the way back up to 0.(if that's where they are set on their corresponding track)

19. Every time you change the MST and the ZONE file and SAVE those files. You must go back to this last screen and hit OK to re-load those files. Otherwise any changes you make will not re-fresh. Or you can turn off the G2 and turn back on, but this is quicker.

Hope this helps.
Checked all this and again, absolutely 100% the same as you posted but nothing happens. The QCon doesn't respond and stays as it was. Faders do not move at all like you suggest.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:52 AM   #68
siniarch

Yeah, if the faders are not moving up and down, then you are not connecting to CSI.

Again, without being able to look at your computer, there is no way of knowing what could be wrong.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:55 AM   #69
siniarch

When you installed the CSI folder, you were able to put it:
C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

Because the "AppData" folder is a system hidden folder, so if you haven't turned on the setting "show hidden folders" then you would not see it. I only ask because in the past, you didn't seem to know about the "hide known file extensions" setting which is in the same location.

Just trying to figure out why it's not working. Seems odd to me. If you ever get someone with a way to send me video of your rig, then we could try that. Otherwise, I'm at a loss.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #70
pwallin

Quote:

Hope this helps.
Nice to see this. However, I think I have something wrong. I have not deleted anything, but CSI windows are empty by default.
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:53 AM   #71
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwallin View Post
Nice to see this. However, I think I have something wrong. I have not deleted anything, but CSI windows are empty by default.
I would have to assume that you placed the CSI folder in the wrong location. If you look at post 58 above, you can see where exactly the CSI folder should go.

The other thing that could be wrong is that you do not have the mst and zon files. The CSI.zip file doesn't have both files for every controller. When I first downloaded it, it was supposed to have them for the QCon Pro X but it didn't. Somehow it still showed it as an option, so it looked like it was installed, but the files weren't there, so nothing happened. Took me a few days to realize the files weren't there. Had to get someone to post them here in the forum and then it worked.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #72
herg67

Again, I have checked and the set up is exactly as you have outlined but the controller is unresponsive. It's def in Mackie mode for sure.

Perhaps as I have the latest icon firmware it isn't responding to your set up ?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #73
siniarch

Quote:
Again, I have checked and the set up is exactly as you have outlined but the controller is unresponsive. It's def in Mackie mode for sure.

Perhaps as I have the latest icon firmware it isn't responding to your set up ?
Without being able to see your computer I don't know if I can troubleshoot anymore.

I setup my unit about 1-2 months ago. I can't imagine that if in that time they did in fact come up with a new firmware that they change all their Mackie Codes (which I believe are more or less standard.)

The only other thing I can think of is to get a midi listening software like http://www.midiox.com/ and listen to see if the QCon Pro G2 is even communicating. You say it was before, so I'm assuming it is, but just don't know.

When you turn on the ICon QCon Pro G2, it gives you options to go into different modes. You need to go into Mode 1 - Which is Mackie Control. You said you did this, but just making sure it's in Mode 1.

Again, it shouldn't be this difficult. Not sure what exactly is going on, but it seems something IS off?
Old 09-23-2020, 04:16 AM   #74
herg67

Quote:
Without being able to see your computer I don't know if I can troubleshoot anymore.

I setup my unit about 1-2 months ago. I can't imagine that if in that time they did in fact come up with a new firmware that they change all their Mackie Codes (which I believe are more or less standard.)

The only other thing I can think of is to get a midi listening software like http://www.midiox.com/ and listen to see if the QCon Pro G2 is even communicating. You say it was before, so I'm assuming it is, but just don't know.

When you turn on the ICon QCon Pro G2, it gives you options to go into different modes. You need to go into Mode 1 - Which is Mackie Control. You said you did this, but just making sure it's in Mode 1.

Again, it shouldn't be this difficult. Not sure what exactly is going on, but it seems something IS off?
Ok, I have done exactly the same again creating from scratch and this time it works!!! Brilliant. The only thing is when I booted up Reaper and the surface again nothing happened. The icon didn't respond at all to Reaper, let alone the csi that was working last time. I have to keep re-setting the midi inside the csi more often than not when loading a Reaper project as it doesn't seem to remember the previous settings so a bit hit and miss unfortunately. Sometimes it loads the csi, sometimes it defaults back to previous state. Sometimes when I load it, some of the features of the csi are working, some are not. For instance, touching the faders fails to auto select tracks while other features are working. So are these settings project related or global for Reaper ?

Tried again and Reaper seemed to connect to the csi again. But the main thing is its now working, so thanks to you for the help and time you have taken to get me here. All the solo buttons work as well as touching faders to highlight tracks. One thing I would like to change is get my track names back in the LCD as I can see my pan settings via the red led display. Another thing is the volume and pan status on the LCD dont always show every track. Sometimes just the far left channel is displayed, the rest are blank. There are sme minor issues like +track not working. If I press it all it does is start current selected track recording.

So all in all it works sometimes, but it isn't very reliable as every time I open Reaper I have to manually set up the csi midi again and again, and the faders don't always respond when I press ok as you state they should.

Last edited by herg67; 09-23-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #75
siniarch

Well, I'm very glad to hear that you got it to work. But also very puzzled that it only works sometimes and not other times.

I frankly have never heard of this before. For me, it's rock solid anda far as i know for Everyone else it's the same. Once it works out works consistently every time. So it's very odd.

Things that may cause these issues are, the USB cable is faulty (try a different cable), the USB connect on your computer is faulty (try a different USB connector). Or if there is another software running that is also trying to connect to the QCon G2 unit.

If none of these work, I'd try a clean install of reaper. And if that doesn't work there is the possibility of your G2 being faulty.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #76
herg67

Quote:
Well, I'm very glad to hear that you got it to work. But also very puzzled that it only works sometimes and not other times.

I frankly have never heard of this before. For me, it's rock solid anda far as i know for Everyone else it's the same. Once it works out works consistently every time. So it's very odd.

Things that may cause these issues are, the USB cable is faulty (try a different cable), the USB connect on your computer is faulty (try a different USB connector). Or if there is another software running that is also trying to connect to the QCon G2 unit.

If none of these work, I'd try a clean install of reaper. And if that doesn't work there is the possibility of your G2 being faulty.
Well the csi wouldn't work at all with firmware v 1.9 beta so rolled back to 1.7 and it loads the csi but again not properly. It seems to show the pan status in the LCD BUT also the names and the faders to not auto select tracks BUT solo buttons work. It seems inconsistent sadly so have resorted back to default Mackie settings and it works fine. Sorry but the csi isn't reliable from my experience as I have tested it over and over. The usb cable is brand new supplied with the console. I have even deleted all the files, reinstalled and set it up in preferences EXACTLY as you state and again it has no effect except moving all the faders down, but staying the same as the old old Mackie setting. Shut down, power up the icon and Reaper again and it's not remembered the csi midi settings, which I have to set yet again. So frustrating.

To be fair, reading the Sinisound page about instalation it does state: "Please note that these files are provided as beta software and also the CSI project is in beta form so although this works for us, it might not work for you"

Perhaps I have found it's akelas heel.

Last edited by herg67; 09-23-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #77
siniarch

Quote:
Well the csi wouldn't work at all with firmware v 1.9 beta so rolled back to 1.7 and it loads the csi but again not properly. It seems to show the pan status in the LCD BUT also the names and the faders to not auto select tracks BUT solo buttons work. It seems inconsistent sadly so have resorted back to default Mackie settings and it works fine. Sorry but the csi isn't reliable from my experience as I have tested it over and over. The usb cable is brand new supplied with the console. I have even deleted all the files, reinstalled and set it up in preferences EXACTLY as you state and again it has no effect except moving all the faders down, but staying the same as the old old Mackie setting. Shut down, power up the icon and Reaper again and it's not remembered the csi midi settings, which I have to set yet again. So frustrating.

To be fair, reading the Sinisound page about instalation it does state: "Please note that these files are provided as beta software and also the CSI project is in beta form so although this works for us, it might not work for you"

Perhaps I have found it's akelas heel.
Hey Herg67,

Thanks for sticking around and trying all these things.

I'm actually the one that wrote that SiniSound page, so yes, I wanted to name that disclosure in case something went wrong with a different controller. But I'm glad that you put that statement.

One thing that is different is that when I wrote my MST files and my ZON files I was on an older version of CSI. If I remember correctly, Geoff was about to release a huge updated version of CSI (maybe even get out of beta phase). What you are downloading now might be the new version and I may need to update my MST & ZON files. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but since you posted what I wrote it made me think of Beta vs. the New Release.

I'm uploading the "CSI Beta.zip" file that I used to get mine working to my website. Again, I'm going through a re-model in the studio so I haven't had my unit plugged in because of that. And I'm also in the process of making my own Midi-Controller to control all FX parameters, so I stopped messing with CSI. 1- to wait for the new release, and 2- to wait until I had my controller done to see if I need anything else programmed into my QCon G2.

Below is the CSI Beta that I used to install and write my MST & ZON files:
http://siniarch.com/SiniSound/Blog/2...CSI%20beta.zip

If you want to try this new CSI (or rather OLD) beta, give it a go. It's easy to delete the CSI folder and re-install. And it really doesn't damage anything for reaper.

Also, I went into the studio and powered up my QConG2 controller to see what firmware I was on. Here's the photo:

I'm hoping this does the trick!!!!

Sorry I didn't think of this before.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #78
herg67

Quote:
Hey Herg67,

Thanks for sticking around and trying all these things.

I'm actually the one that wrote that SiniSound page, so yes, I wanted to name that disclosure in case something went wrong with a different controller. But I'm glad that you put that statement.

One thing that is different is that when I wrote my MST files and my ZON files I was on an older version of CSI. If I remember correctly, Geoff was about to release a huge updated version of CSI (maybe even get out of beta phase). What you are downloading now might be the new version and I may need to update my MST & ZON files. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but since you posted what I wrote it made me think of Beta vs. the New Release.

I'm uploading the "CSI Beta.zip" file that I used to get mine working to my website. Again, I'm going through a re-model in the studio so I haven't had my unit plugged in because of that. And I'm also in the process of making my own Midi-Controller to control all FX parameters, so I stopped messing with CSI. 1- to wait for the new release, and 2- to wait until I had my controller done to see if I need anything else programmed into my QCon G2.

Below is the CSI Beta that I used to install and write my MST & ZON files:
http://siniarch.com/SiniSound/Blog/2...CSI%20beta.zip

If you want to try this new CSI (or rather OLD) beta, give it a go. It's easy to delete the CSI folder and re-install. And it really doesn't damage anything for reaper.

Also, I went into the studio and powered up my QConG2 controller to see what firmware I was on. Here's the photo:

I'm hoping this does the trick!!!!

Sorry I didn't think of this before.
No problem, I did think it might be something to do with firmware as the csi does not work at all in the 1.9 beta. Unfortunately when I try to update it via the icon app, it no longer gives me the option of getting 1.8, it only seems to offer 1, 1.7, or 1.9 beta.

I will try your older csi and report back.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #79
siniarch

Quote:
No problem, I did think it might be something to do with firmware as the csi does not work at all in the 1.9 beta. Unfortunately when I try to update it via the icon app, it no longer gives me the option of getting 1.8, it only seems to offer 1, 1.7, or 1.9 beta.

I will try your older csi and report back.
I'm hoping that works. I cannot imagine the QCon G2 firmware should make a difference because in the end, the midi information for faders and encoders and buttons should be the same. They might change some things with the displays but I doubt it much. Unless for some reason they were purposefully trying to make it not work with CSI somehow.

I think it's more an issue of me creating my MST and ZON files to work with the earlier Beta version of CSI and Geoff doing a total new Re-Vamp version of CSI which is more streamlined and will work better for the future. But my Zone and MST files were not updated to make sure it works with this new CSI.

I got my fingers crossed that it works with the old beta version I posted.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #80
herg67

Quote:
I'm hoping that works. I cannot imagine the QCon G2 firmware should make a difference because in the end, the midi information for faders and encoders and buttons should be the same. They might change some things with the displays but I doubt it much. Unless for some reason they were purposefully trying to make it not work with CSI somehow.

I think it's more an issue of me creating my MST and ZON files to work with the earlier Beta version of CSI and Geoff doing a total new Re-Vamp version of CSI which is more streamlined and will work better for the future. But my Zone and MST files were not updated to make sure it works with this new CSI.

I got my fingers crossed that it works with the old beta version I posted.
I'm a bit confused as I can't see those same LuisG2 files in this older, beta version you have shown me.