Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 08-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Win Conway
Human being with feelings

Default Has anybody ever got MIDI Notes to actually follow theme colors ?

See title.
(Remove color map)
Use track colors is some horrible gradient.
Everything else uses orange selected, black unselected, with zero relationship to the theme colors.
Borders are added to the notes seemingly randomly between the different color filter types.
It is unusable here, I want track colors but it is that horrible 1990s gradient mess, I would use a single color but you cant actually use the theme colors as can be seen here

Old 08-30-2020, 05:43 AM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Conway View Post
(Remove color map)
Use track colors is some horrible gradient.
Everything else uses orange selected, black unselected, with zero relationship to the theme colors.
For a test, I removed both midi note colormaps from a v6 default based theme. After that, changes in Theme tweaker for the midi editor note colors (selected/unselected etc.) will work with following conditions:

-Color notes by has to be set to Track or Media item
-tracks/midi items have to already have some custom color and/or
-tracks/items have to be recolored for them to update the colors in MIDI Editor

It is a quirky system. You only get the note colors defined in the Theme tweaker in two coloring modes (Track, Media items). Other colors seem to be drawn from an inbuilt (?) color map.
EDIT: Got it...rest of the colors are drawn from the default MIDI note color map, if one is specified in Options/Editing Behavior/MIDI Editor.

I don't get the gradient to the notes like you show in your gif. I haven't tested further what might cause that.

EDIT2: Further note on curious behavior, now that I have tested with this theme where I removed the note colormaps and set the note colors with the Theme tweaker. No matter what other theme I switch into, note coloring by Track or Media item doesn't work anymore with the note colormap! Something must've been written into config file somewhere to prevent it.

EDIT3: Aaand got it..forgot that somewehere during these tests, I had set When coloring by track or media item, Use theme color for selected and unselected note body. (MIDI Editor menu/View/Color notes by.)

Last edited by xpander; 08-30-2020 at 06:29 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote