Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-17-2024, 12:03 AM   #3281
dmbkiwi
Human being with feelings

Default Icon p1-m - show track colors

Hi Moss,

I have an icon p1-m. Do you know if there is a way for it to display track colors (like the behringer x-touch)?

Thanks for the great software btw 😊

Cheers
Matt
dmbkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:49 AM   #3282
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontass View Post
M2 Studio running OS 14.3.1 and Reaper 7.11 My controller is a QCON Pro G2 with one extender. I've been using DBM for ages and I love it!

However, after updating to DBM 23.0.1, all 12 segments of each of the channel level LEDs are permanently lit-up as soon as Reaper opens. They only go out once I quit REAPER.
Thanks for reporting this! That actually helps me quite a lot since I am currently looking into their new V1-M and was wondering about this issue!
I fixed the behaviour of the clip flag. Their implementation is actually not correct and it seems we need an option for that...

Quote:
Also, any change to the surface master fader does not illuminate the *save* light on the surface. If I move the master fader on the screen with my mouse, then the *save* light illuminates on the surface.
That's a Reaper problem. The signalling of the Save state is not always correct.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:55 AM   #3283
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbkiwi View Post
Hi Moss,

I have an icon p1-m. Do you know if there is a way for it to display track colors (like the behringer x-touch)?

Thanks for the great software btw 😊

Cheers
Matt
Support for the V1-M is coming soon. I hope that it is the same for the smaller models but will confirm.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:44 AM   #3284
simontass

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Thanks for reporting this! That actually helps me quite a lot since I am currently looking into their new V1-M and was wondering about this issue!
I fixed the behaviour of the clip flag. Their implementation is actually not correct and it seems we need an option for that...

Glad I could assist in some small way :-)

That's a Reaper problem. The signalling of the Save state is not always correct.
I'm not sure I understand that, as moving the master fader with a mouse in the app always causes the 'save " button to illuminate -- but not when I physically move the master fader on the QCon surface..
simontass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:42 PM   #3285
dmbkiwi

Quote:
Support for the V1-M is coming soon. I hope that it is the same for the smaller models but will confirm.
Awesome! Thanks :-)
dmbkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 09:45 AM   #3286
petergreeny

Moss, is there no way at all to expand the plugin parameters assignment across MCU+ 1 or 2 Extender units? It would be amazing if I could use all 24 of my rotary encoders on one plugin; as it stands now 8 rotary controls is just about useless in terms of speedy 'analog' style workflow with a channelstrip or indeed, most single function plugins.
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:13 AM   #3287
moss

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand that, as moving the master fader with a mouse in the app always causes the 'save " button to illuminate -- but not when I physically move the master fader on the QCon surface..
That's what I mean. Reaper does not always report the state correctly via the API.
Old 03-21-2024, 01:14 AM   #3288
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbkiwi View Post
Awesome! Thanks :-)
iCON just confirmed that it is the same protocol for all new devices.
Old 03-21-2024, 01:15 AM   #3289
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
Moss, is there no way at all to expand the plugin parameters assignment across MCU+ 1 or 2 Extender units? It would be amazing if I could use all 24 of my rotary encoders on one plugin; as it stands now 8 rotary controls is just about useless in terms of speedy 'analog' style workflow with a channelstrip or indeed, most single function plugins.
There is always a way :-) It is on my TODO list to look into this but way down...
Old 03-21-2024, 10:57 AM   #3290
edding

Thank you Moss for this incredible work. For the x-touch now is the just best way to use with Reaper.

I wonder if there is a way to change that the default mode is Panorama. The 90% use case for producing and mixing is related to volume adjustment. In another hand panorama is used less.
I've found myself a lot of times changing by mistake the panorama of tracks.

In any case, thanks again for your work!!
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:47 AM   #3291
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by edding View Post
Thank you Moss for this incredible work. For the x-touch now is the just best way to use with Reaper.

I wonder if there is a way to change that the default mode is Panorama. The 90% use case for producing and mixing is related to volume adjustment. In another hand panorama is used less.
I've found myself a lot of times changing by mistake the panorama of tracks.

In any case, thanks again for your work!!
Sorry, don't get this. Why do you not use the faders to adjust the volume?
Old 03-22-2024, 07:22 AM   #3292
edding

Quote:
Sorry, don't get this. Why do you not use the faders to adjust the volume?
Every time that reapers start, the xtouch initializes in Panorama mode, so the faders adjust the pan instead of volume. To use faders to adjust volume you need to manually set Volume mode every time you open reaper.

¿You think It could be possible to make a startup action in reaper to send the "Volume mode" in every time reaper is launched?

I also want to try the last driver version but since yesterday I'm having problems to reach www.mossgrabers.de website
Old 03-22-2024, 07:53 AM   #3293
Skijumptoes

Quote:
Every time that reapers start, the xtouch initializes in Panorama mode, so the faders adjust the pan instead of volume. To use faders to adjust volume you need to manually set Volume mode every time you open reaper.
Sounds like you've got flip enabled (Is the [Flip] button lit above the main fader)?
That setting is what the v-pots are assigned to, not the faders.
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:21 PM   #3294
moss

Quote:
I also want to try the last driver version but since yesterday I'm having problems to reach www.mossgrabers.de website
Seems my DNS provider is down (they created a swimming pool in their computing centre).
For the time being you can reach the server directly: https://92.205.106.63 (you have to ignore the SSL warning).
Old 03-23-2024, 09:40 AM   #3295
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Sounds like you've got flip enabled (Is the [Flip] button lit above the main fader)?
That setting is what the v-pots are assigned to, not the faders.
thank you for the answer. It was somehow related.
Flip was activated by default always. I found that this behaviour was because of configuration of the driver. I've found this option: "Use faders like editing knobs". It was set to yes. Changing to no Flip is not activated anymore by default.

Even with the previous change, the x-touch keeps initializing in "Panorama mode", but at least touching the faders now adjusts volume instead of pan.

The only problem now that keeps doing the initialization in "panorama mode", is that the display shows by default the pan instead of dB volume.... but...well.. I can live with this.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:42 AM   #3296
edding

Quote:
Seems my DNS provider is down (they created a swimming pool in their computing centre).
For the time being you can reach the server directly: https://92.205.106.63 (you have to ignore the SSL warning).
Thank you! I just installed the last version using that IP address.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:19 PM   #3297
moss

DrivenByMoss 23.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de (since my DNS provider is still down, you can reach the server directly: https://92.205.106.63 (you have to ignore the SSL warning)).
  • MCU
    • New: Added support for iCON V1-M (display RGB colors, 2nd display)
    • New: Send VU updates only if necessary.
    • Fixed: VU meters did not work anymore on iCON devices.

Enjoy!
Old 03-24-2024, 09:23 AM   #3298
spicytripe

Oh wow ! This looks awesome. Thinking about ditching all the big companies (Presonus, Softube, SSL) and switching over to Reaper and Icon.
spicytripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:45 PM   #3299
petergreeny

Quote:
There is always a way :-) It is on my TODO list to look into this but way down...
Thanks Moss, I will keep hope alive!

Also, love your latest video reviewing the ICON V1-M. Question: how noisy/smooth are the faders compared to the rather clackety X-touch?
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:57 PM   #3300
simontass

Default QCON Pro G2 M2 Studio Reaper 7.11 OS 14.3.1

Quote:
DrivenByMoss 23.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de (since my DNS provider is still down, you can reach the server directly: https://92.205.106.63 (you have to ignore the SSL warning)).
  • MCU
    • New: Added support for iCON V1-M (display RGB colors, 2nd display)
    • New: Send VU updates only if necessary.
    • Fixed: VU meters did not work anymore on iCON devices.

Enjoy!

Thanks for this update. However, now my observation is that the full bank of LEDS on each channel flash on and off, depending on whether or not signal is present.. strange...
simontass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:15 PM   #3301
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
Thanks Moss, I will keep hope alive!

Also, love your latest video reviewing the ICON V1-M. Question: how noisy/smooth are the faders compared to the rather clackety X-touch?
I forgot to mention this in the video: the clickady-clack is gone!
Old 03-26-2024, 01:33 PM   #3302
dna598

Hi Moss,

I have a question about sysex and the EC4. Mind if i send you a PM?
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:29 PM   #3303
caminofarol

Default xtouch on reaper x86 on arm with rosetta.

hello. I've been using my x-touch with Reaper using the standard MCU protocol but missing some functionalities so I wanted to try drivenbymoss.

I'm on an arm m1 but the only download that worked for me was the x86 one since I'm using Reaper x86 via rosetta because of some old intel plugins i have.

I managed to access the configuration options and choose the x-touch profile (when selected, the option won't stay marked as selected, even though it does change the parameters bellow).
the jog well, transport buttons worked, (though without lights) and I am also able to move the faders which are reflected in Reaper, though my xtouch faders go back to zero after a couple of secs. no leds on the fader displays or on the xtouch display.
I have followed the manual, so no midi ports activated. my xtouch is configured as MCU - USB operational mode and has the latest firmware.

no idea what I am doing wrong. any ideas?

Last edited by caminofarol; 03-26-2024 at 09:21 PM.
caminofarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM   #3304
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna598 View Post
Hi Moss,

I have a question about sysex and the EC4. Mind if i send you a PM?
Sure.
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM   #3305
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminofarol View Post
hello. I've been using my x-touch with Reaper using the standard MCU protocol but missing some functionalities so I wanted to try drivenbymoss.

I'm on an arm m1 but the only download that worked for me was the x86 one since I'm using Reaper x86 via rosetta because of some old intel plugins i have.

I managed to access the configuration options and choose the x-touch profile (when selected, the option won't stay marked as selected, even though it does change the parameters bellow).
the jog well, transport buttons worked, (though without lights) and I am also able to move the faders which are reflected in Reaper, though my xtouch faders go back to zero after a couple of secs. no leds on the fader displays or on the xtouch display.
I have followed the manual, so no midi ports activated. my xtouch is configured as MCU - USB operational mode and has the latest firmware.

no idea what I am doing wrong. any ideas?
Sounds like you selected the wrong output port?!
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #3306
caminofarol

Quote:
Sounds like you selected the wrong output port?!
Thank you!
I have two CoreMIDI4j x-touch INT options and another two called CoreMIDI4j x-touch EXT.
for midi input 1 I had to choose X-touch INT and for Midi Output 1 also X-touch INT. weird.
but now it works!

thank you. what a wonderful work this is!
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #3307
caminofarol

I wonder if this is just me but I have problems with markers using drivenbymoss with my x-touch.

only the markers with names are recognized by the marker option, when I make a marker, a number id (wichout a name) is automatically assigned to my markers (which is the way I like it) however it won't appear in the x-touch display unless I put a name on it.
another strange behavior is that playing with the marker option I realized I could move from marker to marker (an option that I use alot in my keyboard) if I pressed the channel buttons, however this only works with two of my named markers, the other dozens are not recognized. no idea why.

a side comment, I miss using the x-touch wheel to scrub audio.

thanks!