Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 02:54 AM   #41
J Reverb
Human being with feelings

@cool

Ah ! I had to reset my options menu to see it, thanks
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #42
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Some thoughts about TCP controls from today. When resizing the track vertically, the fx and their parameters are kind of messed up if the fxs don't have the same number of parameters. IMO it would be better if possible to show the fxs on top slots and below their parameters when we resize the track.

Or i was thinking it might be better if the first column to the left was only for fxs and to show their parameters horizontally to the right of each fx. Any thoughts?
I understand your point, at first glance, the column view can sometimes have a confusing appearance, perhaps also a consequence of the used sizes, tints, available space etc. Also in the extended mixer, a continuous presentation of fx/parm can easily grow to an exhausting list. However, I will still prefer this method, as I think it allows for the most compact solution.

Thinking out loud, here is an idea, showing example of a compact list view and the use of (possible new) indicators, only on inserts with active fx parm and with unfolded sub-lists. Same for the mixer of course:

PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:25 AM   #43
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Thinking out loud, here is an idea, showing example of a compact list view and the use of (possible new) indicators, only on inserts with active fx parm and with unfolded sub-lists. Same for the mixer of course:
Yes i prefer this way of showing the parameters, looks more tidy and clean.
My most wanted feature now is to be able and collapse(show/hide) the parameters of each TCP fx by left clicking on the FX button. Left click is important for this, IMO showing the fx with left click is not a big deal since this option could be transfered to the right click menu, or as it is now where you can double click on a parameter to show the FX.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote