Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default testing and have couple questions

first, i was getting my surround setup worked out (i can't believe how good it feels to finally be hearing myself say that in a linux context) and noticed a couple of things i thought someone here might have info on.

i normally float smallish spectrograph and spectrogram windows when i work. when i was setting up the spectrograph, though, it keeps popping up off-screen so i can't grab it to move it to the position i want. anyone know how i can get it to pop up where i can actually see it?

second, in setting up my outputs, i'm finding some windows that cut off a lot of text. for example, my saffire pro40 is listed not as the pro40 but as something like 'firewire_pcm' followed by an incredibly long jumple of letters and numbers, only displaying the important part, the port (out 1, out 2, etc.) at the end of this string. of course, the string is so long i can't see the port number at the end as it's cut off. i tried using claudia (i have kxstudio installed) but renaming in claudia doesn't seem to carry over to reaper. anyone know a way i can shorten these incredibly long port names so i can actually read them in the io dialog?

i'm sure there'll be more but it's really amazing to see how far linux reaper has come. just great!

thanks,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #2
s wave
Human being with feelings

Is it like Conky? Puts small CPU RAM SHELL window showing info for when you are running? Conky might cover over desktop icons... but you can move it by configuring or use an 'alignment variable' for moving it or use a GUI 'manager' to further customize it. Is you spectrograph similar to Conky if so something like the above might work. (possibly a widget manager app)

For the second part 'maybe' check out the 'NATIVE' resolution of your monitor... see if you are running at that res (find the best resolution between you GPU and monitor/or look into monitor drivers and test a few?
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote