Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
bchan009
Human being with feelings

Default Problems on a Macbook Pro

Hi!

I'm experiencing problems recording and playing back sound on my Macbook Pro with Reaper - the sound always clicks, pops, and stutters. I saw something on the FAQ about increasing latency, but I don't think that's the problem...my laptop has a an Intel Core 2 Duo. I don't have these problems when using Audacity, so I don't think it's directly hardware related either. What could it be?

I really want to be able to use Reaper as an alternative to Pro Tools, so that I don't have to keep going into the lab to edit sound (I'm a film/television major at NYU).

Thanks!

EDIT:

System Specs:

Mac OS X 10.5.1
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM

Last edited by bchan009; 12-09-2007 at 07:54 PM.
bchan009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
ultimate_fish

Default Works for me

I've got a Macbookpro 2,2 running Tiger, which seems to run reaper fine. In fact I've just recorded a two hour 24 track project using a Focusrite Saffire pro. No hint of clicks or pops. tried internal audio on the MBP and that's fine too.

You Macbook is newer than mine, which might make a different as the intel chipset has been changed. Also as you're running leopard there may be audio driver issues.
ultimate_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
arikol

What sound interface are you using?
Digi is pretty bad at discontinuing support for anything but their newest stuff, limiting their usefulness. Sometimes maintaining only rudimentary support.
arikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
mahasandi

I dont think Reaper can cause this.

i have had clicks and distorted audio but it was because my interface was not clocked properly to another device.
iam sure youve tried re-booting and disconnecting devices .
does reaper distort your built in sound on the mac?>
mahasandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
LLSIII

Default Problems on a Macbook Pro

Don't know if the OP is still around, but...the newer versions of the MBP/2.4 gz have a different firewire chip that is causing havoc with just about every maker of firewire interface. Check the Apple forum, or Presonus forum.

If the device is firewire, check with the manufacturer to see if they have posted any new drivers to "fix" this silly issue.

Getting away from the TI chip seems to have caused this blemish on the MBP's stellar reputation.
LLSIII is offline   Reply With Quote