Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #5201
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Is there any sense of when folder diving and advanced navigation will come on to the menu?
Yup, haven't forgotten about it, it's next up after modifiers are sorted.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #5202
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Folks, new CSI user who is looking to move from the Avid walled garden to Reaper. Key to my workflow a function control surface, and so I am of course drawn to Geoff's CSI. At present I have an Avid S3 and Transport, and am trying to build a Reaper based solution. I suspect that the S3 will be sold and replaced by a 16-24 fader bank as it is not well supported via HUI / MCU. (the top 16 encoders are not addressable it seems)

I have created some surfaces using Lemur and its worked as expected, apart from data being dropped somewhere in Reaper/CSI. I have created a simple Patch that has a Fader and a button, and is successfully switching focus on selecting a new track. My Test Reaper session has only three tracks and one audio file so CPU is 1-2%. When I am recording automation I was noticing that the response was a little laggy at times and seemed to drop data.

To rule out Lemur and Wifi, I built a MaxMSP Patch that generates a sinusoidal ramp and spits this out at 14bit. CSI is happily receiving this via internal MIDI routing (so no Wifi) but the results are the same as the Lemur-Wifi input. Inconsistent data being received and recorded as you can see in the screenshot. I tried changing the 15hz rate up and down and this didnt remedy the inconsistency.



Any thoughts? Is this a byproduct of the various scripts that CSI needs or something else do you think? I should note that this machine is my performance machine and is usually running Ableton and MaxMSP with oodles of internal MIDI, and until Reaper/CSI, I have not seen this dropping data issue before.

Thanks for your thoughts, tdc.

MacOS 10.14.3 / MBP / Reaper 5.983 / CSI latest.

I've run tests on my own setup and now I realize why I don't like doing fast fader movements with MCU controllers in Reaper (or CSI which gets the same pitchbend data). I'd presumed midi controllers are no good for that, unlike ethernet-based controllers in Protools. I could mix dialogue without a compressor with the Procontrol's optical faders. Midi faders have always been slower but the data was never this bad in PT.

Reapers capture is somehow uneven and may need work or require better interpolation and perhaps thinning. I've posted about this in the bug report forum section here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226074 .
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #5203
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I've run tests on my own setup and now I realize why I don't like doing fast fader movements with MCU controllers in Reaper (or CSI which gets the same pitchbend data). I'd presumed midi controllers are no good for that, unlike ethernet-based controllers in Protools. I could mix dialogue without a compressor with the Procontrol's optical faders. Midi faders have always been slower but the data was never this bad in PT.

Reapers capture is somehow uneven and may need work or require better interpolation and perhaps thinning. I've posted about this in the bug report forum section here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226074 .
Apparently it's not just CSI, or control surfaces in general, but is inherent in Reaper, do you also see this behaviour ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc
Yes, I tried various modes. The freq was tried across many frequencies (0.001 hz to 10hz) to try and see if there was some aliasing occurring with an internal Reaper refresh rate or something like that, but there appeared to be no pattern, and the errors look randomly placed.

I also tried direct connection using Reaper, and not CSI and the behaviour was the same. Even using a mouse and the Mixer fader shows this behaviour so I am beginning to think its an inherent aspect of the design coupled with my (perhaps too fastidious) expectations.

Leaping back to my Pro Tools rig, all movements were recorded as I would expect, so perhaps I am just expecting too much.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #5204
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

The data in the session I put up indicates that moving the faders in the mixer is recorded with MUCH higher frequency.

That particular bad behaviour may me MacOS specific, since I'm on Windows 10 and have good data on my mouse-driven volume envelope recordings.

That session is here for anyone to inspect:
https://stash.reaper.fm/37319/MCU%20...automation.rpp

CSI is the exact same. Same data. So CSI is working just fine, but something is not working well enough right now in Reaper itself. That's what it looks like to me.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #5205
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
CSI is the exact same. Same data. So CSI is working just fine, but something is not working well enough right now in Reaper itself. That's what it looks like to me.
Here's a couple from me on Windows 10. The upper track in each case (ProTools/Reaper) is using the MCU fader (HUI on ProTools, CSI on Reaper). The lower track is moving the on screen fader with the mouse (well, trackball) Thinning is turned off in ProTools

MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #5206
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

Thanks for taking the time.

How fast are those moves ? I can't quite see the ruler. I did moves that equated to around one up/down move per second.

I have point reduction turned off in Reaper and usually turned to "Some" in Protools. I turned it off in Protools when I did the mouse move tests, which were pretty much like those in Reaper for me. PT 11.3.1 on Win10. I just didn't show them because I couldn't get the FP16 HUI mode working in PT.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #5207
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Thanks for taking the time.

How fast are those moves ? I can't quite see the ruler. I did moves that equated to around one up/down move per second.

I have point reduction turned off in Reaper and usually turned to "Some" in Protools. I turned it off in Protools when I did the mouse move tests, which were pretty much like those in Reaper for me. PT 11.3.1 on Win10. I just didn't show them because I couldn't get the FP16 HUI mode working in PT.
Actually not that fast, the whole lot is ~ 30s. Should I do faster ones? Also, I think I may have had 'Reduce envelope point data' checked in Reaper. I'll check tomorrow. These were both done on Win10/ ProTools 12.7 and current Reaper.

I have to say the 'feel' of the HUI/PT combination is much better than Reaper in terms of the scaling of the physical fader matching what you see appear on the screen- although this is meaningless because you judge by what you hear, not what you see

I think we should probably check the real effect these points actually have on the level of some audio...

Reaper seems to accelerate dramatically above unity, but slows down at the bottom of the fader travel. HUI/PT seems to be more linear above unity, with no slowing at the bottom.

I did try messing with the options in the Reaper prefs briefly, with no improvement. It may well be that ProTools has a more sophisticated smoothing algo than Reaper, even when thinning is turned off.

I had a quick check with MIDI Monitor on OSX and the MCU definitely produces 14bit fader data. The values go from -8192 to +8192.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:44 AM   #5208
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

I'm starting to think Reaper should either up the capture rate or introduce more sophisticated interpolation to produce MORE data to keep it smooth.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #5209
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
Default

Is the FX params auto write to ZoneRawFXFiles broken?

Doesn't seem to work here anymore, (even with ShowFXParams in LearnMode checked)
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #5210
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Is the FX params auto write to ZoneRawFXFiles broken?

Doesn't seem to work here anymore, (even with ShowFXParams in LearnMode checked)
It's changed a bit.

You now generate Raw FX files by generating a new ZoneFile with an FX focused.

Should we also put back generation when ShowFXParams is checked ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #5211
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
Default

It was handy for the configurator,
I did use the new file route which of course works, but I wouldn't want to need to be do too many that way.
Maybe even a button to create raw files of currently loaded fx.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #5212
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Maybe even a button to create raw files of currently loaded fx.
+1
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #5213
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Here's some scripts I've been messing around with:

i) Show_track_receives.lua - this script shows the selected track and it's associated receives and hides all other tracks. Before it does this, it saves the current mixer 'visible' and 'selected' status in SWS snapshot#12.

ii) Return_from_receives.lua - this script re-loads the original mixer status (by recalling SWS snapshot#12) and then (should) scroll to the originally selected track.

I say 'should' because the on screen scrolling works on Mac, but not Windows and I can't seem to get the surfaces to scroll back automatically on either platform. The snapshot recalls correctly (the correct tracks are visible and the original track is selected) but the auto scroll won't work. Suggestions welcome

iii) Scroll_mixer_to_selected_track.lua - does what it says on the tin. This can be used to scroll the on screen mixer to the originally selected track, but won't force the surfaces to scroll (sometimes) What's irritating is this is exactly the same command that's at the end of the 'return-from-receives' script, where it doesn't work. Confused.

I think there's some potential here for navigation enhancements - having the receive track FX appear next to the send track makes adjustment of FX easy without having to scroll back and forth. The same would obviously apply to any send/receive arrangement.

Also the SWS snapshot system seems to work fine in lieu of the stack concept - it lets you store a mixer status, do some stuff, and then return to where you were initially.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MixMonkeyScripts.zip (3.3 KB, 9 views)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #5214
rothchild
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup, haven't forgotten about it, it's next up after modifiers are sorted.
Awesome, really looking forward to seeing it. I hope my small contribution will be of some use (in fact I just hope it made any sense at all!)
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:51 AM   #5215
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
It was handy for the configurator,
I did use the new file route which of course works, but I wouldn't want to need to be do too many that way.
Maybe even a button to create raw files of currently loaded fx.
A button to create raw files of currently loaded fx sounds like a good idea, but comes with considerations of its own.

If you had a large track count loaded with VSTi's you could be waiting a while...

So, a little more awkward, but simplest (design free and bug free) thing to do is put the old behaviour back -- if "Show Params when FX Inserted" is checked, Raw FX files are generated.

Is that too primitive ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:31 AM   #5216
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
A button to create raw files of currently loaded fx sounds like a good idea, but comes with considerations of its own.

If you had a large track count loaded with VSTi's you could be waiting a while...

So, a little more awkward, but simplest (design free and bug free) thing to do is put the old behaviour back -- if "Show Params when FX Inserted" is checked, Raw FX files are generated.

Is that too primitive ?
If it works, it works.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #5217
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
A button to create raw files of currently loaded fx sounds like a good idea, but comes with considerations of its own.

If you had a large track count loaded with VSTi's you could be waiting a while...

So, a little more awkward, but simplest (design free and bug free) thing to do is put the old behaviour back -- if "Show Params when FX Inserted" is checked, Raw FX files are generated.

Is that too primitive ?
Old behaviour is fine How are the modifiers going?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #5218
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 980
Default

sidebar: Do you know that Softube has a Console One Fader bank device they just released, and I swear they are have taken some queues from you, Geoff.

check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N5a3RBjNKo
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:03 AM   #5219
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Old behaviour is fine How are the modifiers going?
Not -- busy putting roof overhead, food on table, that sort of stuff

Will get back to it soon...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #5220
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
sidebar: Do you know that Softube has a Console One Fader bank device they just released, and I swear they are have taken some queues from you, Geoff.

check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N5a3RBjNKo
Yeah, looks like a quality unit, as you would expect from Softube !

Haha on the queues -- flattered they thought there was something here good enough to lift, if that is the case
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #5221
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Not -- busy putting roof overhead, food on table, that sort of stuff

Will get back to it soon...
No worries Current version working smoothly here.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #5222
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 980
Default

curious: is there a way to control Monitoring FX from CSI? I normally work in Selected Track Nav, so obviously that won't work. And selecting a focused FX is not an option either, looking for a more static solution.
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #5223
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, looks like a quality unit, as you would expect from Softube !

Haha on the queues -- flattered they thought there was something here good enough to lift, if that is the case
dude there's tons of good stuff here! most notable that they showcased was the pan knob: push for width control.
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #5224
themorthor
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Default How to access CSI?

Hey there,

Dumb question, but I followed how to install CSI, but I am unsure of how to access the plugin, could anyone let me know how?

Thanks
themorthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:52 AM   #5225
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

Preferences / Control Surfaces
It lives amongst the other control surface plugins.

Hey Geoff, how's it going on modifiers and relative encoders ? Any news ?
I'm still having a good time testing pretty much everything else.

Can we procure anything for you, like documentation ?

I just aquired a Novation Launchpad Mini MK3. Better buttons in this version and 14 colours to choose from in the editor. Has a programmable mode. The editor is alright too. I've already got it triggering stuff, but I'm still putting together more uses for it. Ableton already has support for the thing and it's fun to use there.

Kinda wish I could contribute to CSI widgets in some way.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom

Last edited by airon; 10-24-2019 at 01:57 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #5226
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Hey Geoff, how's it going on modifiers and relative encoders ? Any news ?
Busy putting food on table right now, will get back to it soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I just aquired a Novation Launchpad Mini MK3. Better buttons in this version and 14 colours to choose from in the editor. Has a programmable mode. The editor is alright too. I've already got it triggering stuff, but I'm still putting together more uses for it. Ableton already has support for the thing and it's fun to use there.

Kinda wish I could contribute to CSI widgets in some way.
Cool, you could contribute to the mapping the Launchpad Mini MK3

Seriously, I just looked at the Programmers Reference for the pro version (couldn't find one for the mini), and it looks like you can control the colour through midi messages.

Do you have a source for the launchpad mini MK3 Programmers Reference ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:21 AM   #5227
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Seriously, I just looked at the Programmers Reference for the pro version (couldn't find one for the mini), and it looks like you can control the colour through midi messages.
Colour, brightness and flashing state. I did a little digging into this awhile back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
That works fine for single colour buttons, but I was just doing some testing of the Launchpad Mini, and it allows you to specify the colour, brightness and flashing state using that last hex value. So for the button I'm testing looks like this:

MyButton PressFB 90 01 7f 90 01 0f

where the 0f in the last message represents Red, non flashing and high brightness.

The behaviour is that when the button is in an off state, it's Red, and when I press it, it goes to Yellow because 7f happens to line up with Yellow, non flashing, high brightness.

Note, none of these are being set by the controller, it's all by the OUT messages of CSI.

So for this it would be handy to be able to separately specify the On and Off state colours. Same would go for PressReleaseFB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Do you have a source for the launchpad mini MK3 Programmers Reference ?
Not specifically for the MK3, but everything I've tried from this has worked with my Mini (probably the same one you found)
__________________
My CSI Notes wiki : https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
MalcolmG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #5228
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Colour, brightness and flashing state. I did a little digging into this awhile back:

Not specifically for the MK3, but everything I've tried from this has worked with my Mini (probably the same one you found)
Cool, thanks to you and @airon, I'll be picking up one of these very capable little guys ASAP

Yeah, I've got the same doc (for the pro), according to it you can do 0-63 RGB through SysEx, 256k colours, we'll see what the mini is capable of...

Can't wait to have an automation button light up in the correct Reaper colour and blank all the others, radio button style, using Zones -- Yummmmm
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #5229
Zajac
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Default

Has anyone managed to map Icon Platform Nano to make all its functions work?
Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:51 PM   #5230
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac View Post
Has anyone managed to map Icon Platform Nano to make all its functions work?
I managed to map it, with the version of CSI which was current then, but never got all buttons to work except for transport etc. which always seems to work fine with any DAW controller. As far as I remember Zoom was not working the way it should, pan knob and rotaries didnīt work either.

I tried to set it up in august 2019, canīt say how it would be with the current version of CSI since it changed quite a bit since then and there is a lot more information available now. (e.g. Malcolmīs https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki)

I thought I wait until one of the Experts here takes on the task of providing proper zon/mst files or so.

Meanwhile, my inability to set up the Nano forced me to re-think my workflow and prepare new actions and use mouse modifiers and so to an extent that I doubt I really need a DAW controller any more except for the fact that even a single fader looks pretty cool.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:42 AM   #5231
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Cool, thanks to you and @airon, I'll be picking up one of these very capable little guys ASAP

Yeah, I've got the same doc (for the pro), according to it you can do 0-63 RGB through SysEx, 256k colours, we'll see what the mini is capable of...

Can't wait to have an automation button light up in the correct Reaper colour and blank all the others, radio button style, using Zones -- Yummmmm

Yeah that would be neat. The editor for this unit, where you can customize three pages, provides just 14 colour choices. In programmable mode, it's up to CSI to do the deed.


The Mini unit has no velocity and aftertouch, but solid buttons. The Launchpad X has those other two features and one or two more things. I couldn't find any documentation for programming either units, yet. It's too new I suppose. Ableton Live already works fine with it though.

The editor is hit and miss, but as mantioned above, it's for setting up the three custom pages one has for the unit. You'll want to use the programmable mode, where it's a completely blank slate.

Interesting feedback possiblities with all the colours. Can you sneak in different feedback that overrides the MST ? Or do we just define multiple widgets from the same button press source, and use the appropriate widgets for the colour feedback we want ? Should be interesting.


So far I'm liking it.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:23 AM   #5232
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,401
Default

I've written a quick MST file for the Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 .

It captures all buttons in programmer mode. These buttons are static, unlike the three custom layouts one can design.

Still to do is the feedback. There is no programming info on this unit or its larger counterpart Launchpad X yet. As soon as that comes in, we can worry about the RGB led lights.

https://stash.reaper.fm/37410/LaunchpadMiniMK3.mst

For the curious, here it is for direct inspection:
Code:
/ Novation Launchpad Mini MK3
/ Configured to run in programmer mode
/ Hold "Session" until config page appears
/ Select orage session launch button on lower right
/ to enter programmer mode
/
/ TO DO : feedback to pads
/
/ Start at lower left
Widget padA1
	Press 90 0b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA2
	Press 90 0c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA3
	Press 90 0d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA4
	Press 90 0e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA5
	Press 90 0f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA6
	Press 90 10 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA7
	Press 90 11 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA8
	Press 90 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padB1
	Press 90 15 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 16 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 17 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 18 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 19 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1c 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padC1
	Press 90 1f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC2
	Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC3
	Press 90 21 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC4
	Press 90 22 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC5
	Press 90 23 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC6
	Press 90 24 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC7
	Press 90 25 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC8
	Press 90 26 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padD1
	Press 90 29 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD2
	Press 90 2a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD3
	Press 90 2b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD4
	Press 90 2c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD5
	Press 90 2d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD6
	Press 90 2e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD7
	Press 90 2f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD8
	Press 90 30 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padE1
	Press 90 33 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE2
	Press 90 34 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE3
	Press 90 35 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE4
	Press 90 36 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE5
	Press 90 37 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE6
	Press 90 38 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE7
	Press 90 39 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE8
	Press 90 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padF1
	Press 90 3d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF2
	Press 90 3e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF3
	Press 90 3f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF4
	Press 90 40 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF5
	Press 90 41 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF6
	Press 90 42 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF7
	Press 90 43 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF8
	Press 90 44 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padG1
	Press 90 47 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG2
	Press 90 48 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG3
	Press 90 49 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG4
	Press 90 4a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG5
	Press 90 4b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG6
	Press 90 4c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG7
	Press 90 4d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG8
	Press 90 4e 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padH1
	Press 90 51 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH2
	Press 90 52 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH3
	Press 90 53 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH4
	Press 90 54 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH5
	Press 90 55 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH6
	Press 90 56 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH7
	Press 90 57 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH8
	Press 90 58 7f
WidgetEnd

/upper row black buttons
Widget up
	Press b0 5b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget down
	Press b0 5c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget left
	Press b0 5d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget right
	Press b0 5e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget session
	Press b0 5f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget drums
	Press b0 60 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget keys
	Press b0 61 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget user
	Press b0 62 7f
WidgetEnd

/right hand column black buttons, top to bottom
Widget pad1
	Press b0 59 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad2
	Press b0 4f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad3
	Press b0 45 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad4
	Press b0 3b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad5
	Press b0 31 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad6
	Press b0 27 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad7
	Press b0 1d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad8
	Press b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:24 AM   #5233
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I've written a quick MST file for the Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 .

It captures all buttons in programmer mode. These buttons are static, unlike the three custom layouts one can design.

Still to do is the feedback. There is no programming info on this unit or its larger counterpart Launchpad X yet. As soon as that comes in, we can worry about the RGB led lights.

https://stash.reaper.fm/37410/LaunchpadMiniMK3.mst

For the curious, here it is for direct inspection:
Code:
/ Novation Launchpad Mini MK3
/ Configured to run in programmer mode
/ Hold "Session" until config page appears
/ Select orage session launch button on lower right
/ to enter programmer mode
/
/ TO DO : feedback to pads
/
/ Start at lower left
Widget padA1
	Press 90 0b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA2
	Press 90 0c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA3
	Press 90 0d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA4
	Press 90 0e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA5
	Press 90 0f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA6
	Press 90 10 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA7
	Press 90 11 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padA8
	Press 90 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padB1
	Press 90 15 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 16 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 17 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 18 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 19 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padB1
	Press 90 1c 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padC1
	Press 90 1f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC2
	Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC3
	Press 90 21 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC4
	Press 90 22 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC5
	Press 90 23 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC6
	Press 90 24 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC7
	Press 90 25 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padC8
	Press 90 26 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padD1
	Press 90 29 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD2
	Press 90 2a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD3
	Press 90 2b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD4
	Press 90 2c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD5
	Press 90 2d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD6
	Press 90 2e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD7
	Press 90 2f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padD8
	Press 90 30 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padE1
	Press 90 33 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE2
	Press 90 34 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE3
	Press 90 35 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE4
	Press 90 36 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE5
	Press 90 37 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE6
	Press 90 38 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE7
	Press 90 39 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padE8
	Press 90 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padF1
	Press 90 3d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF2
	Press 90 3e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF3
	Press 90 3f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF4
	Press 90 40 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF5
	Press 90 41 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF6
	Press 90 42 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF7
	Press 90 43 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padF8
	Press 90 44 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padG1
	Press 90 47 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG2
	Press 90 48 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG3
	Press 90 49 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG4
	Press 90 4a 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG5
	Press 90 4b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG6
	Press 90 4c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG7
	Press 90 4d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padG8
	Press 90 4e 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget padH1
	Press 90 51 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH2
	Press 90 52 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH3
	Press 90 53 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH4
	Press 90 54 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH5
	Press 90 55 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH6
	Press 90 56 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH7
	Press 90 57 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget padH8
	Press 90 58 7f
WidgetEnd

/upper row black buttons
Widget up
	Press b0 5b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget down
	Press b0 5c 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget left
	Press b0 5d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget right
	Press b0 5e 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget session
	Press b0 5f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget drums
	Press b0 60 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget keys
	Press b0 61 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget user
	Press b0 62 7f
WidgetEnd

/right hand column black buttons, top to bottom
Widget pad1
	Press b0 59 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad2
	Press b0 4f 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad3
	Press b0 45 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad4
	Press b0 3b 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad5
	Press b0 31 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad6
	Press b0 27 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad7
	Press b0 1d 7f
WidgetEnd
Widget pad8
	Press b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd
Wow, thanks man !!

One nitpick, we usually use caps for the first letter -- Fader, Rotary, Mute, Solo, etc.

Could I persuade you to cap the P's in pad -- PadA1, PadA2, Pad6, etc.?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #5234
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 119
Default CSI with Lemur OSC

Hi all,

I've just started to play with Lemur on iOS using OSC.

I've got it partly working, by adding the following to my CSI.INI

Code:
OSCSurface "iPadPro" 8000 8000 "Lemur.ost" "Lemur" UseZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX 10.0.0.137
and then adding a simple ost:

Code:
Widget PlayStopButton
	Control /PlayButton/x
	FB_Processor /PlayButton/x
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
	Control /Fader/x
	FB_Processor /Fader/x
WidgetEnd
and a simple zon

Code:
Zone Home
    PlayStopButton Play
    Fader1 MasterTrackVolume  
ZoneEnd
As an aside, looking at the TouchOSC examples in the CSI download, it appears everything in OSC is a Control, and all feedback goes to FB_Processor. Is this correct?

Anyway, back to the point. Comms seems to happen one way ie. pressing the button toggles between Play and Pause and moving the fader adjusts the MasterTrack Volume, however the feedback isn't working. Changing the MasterTrack Volume another way (eg. Reaper GUI or another surface) doesn't update the control in Lemur.

My first thought was the 8001 port in my CSI.ini, however LemurEditor on PC is using this port to push Interface designs back to iOS so I'm guessing that's right. Update: 8001 is a separate port Lemur Editor uses for sending new Interfaces. The correct port is 8000. This still doesn't change the behavior though.

Anybody gone this path already?
__________________
My CSI Notes wiki : https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki

Last edited by MalcolmG; 11-06-2019 at 03:20 PM.
MalcolmG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #5235
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Hi all,

I've just started to play with Lemur on iOS using OSC.

I've got it partly working, by adding the following to my CSI.INI

Code:
OSCSurface "iPadPro" 8000 8001 "Lemur.ost" "Lemur" UseZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX 10.0.0.137
and then adding a simple ost:

Code:
Widget PlayStopButton
	Control /PlayButton/x
	FB_Processor /PlayButton/x
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
	Control /Fader/x
	FB_Processor /Fader/x
WidgetEnd
and a simple zon

Code:
Zone Home
    PlayStopButton Play
    Fader1 MasterTrackVolume  
ZoneEnd
As an aside, looking at the TouchOSC examples in the CSI download, it appears everything in OSC is a Control, and all feedback goes to FB_Processor. Is this correct?

Anyway, back to the point. Comms seems to happen one way ie. pressing the button toggles between Play and Pause and moving the fader adjusts the MasterTrack Volume, however the feedback isn't working. Changing the MasterTrack Volume another way (eg. Reaper GUI or another surface) doesn't update the control in Lemur.

My first thought was the 8001 port in my CSI.ini, however LemurEditor on PC is using this port to push Interface designs back to iOS so I'm guessing that's right.

Anybody gone this path already?
That /x looks suspect, maybe try:
Code:
Widget Fader1
	Control /Fader
	FB_Processor /Fader
WidgetEnd
What does Show Input / Show Output indicate ?

And yes, there are only Controls and FB_Processors for now.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 11-05-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #5236
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 119
Default

Thanks Geoff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
That /x looks suspect, maybe try:
Code:
Widget Fader1
	Control /Fader
	FB_Processor /Fader
WidgetEnd
Yeah, that's a Lemur thing. The Fader object has several variables you can send/receive. X is the current position of the fader between 0 and 1. Z (see below) indicates Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What does Show Input / Show Output indicate ?
Ahhh, silly me. It's been awhile since I used the log, so kinda forgot it was there.

The input shows like this:

Code:
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.665490  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  1.000000  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.664667  
<snip>  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662748  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  0.000000
but enabling Show Output results in a constant flood of messages:

Code:
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
...
That value is the current value it seems. If I set it with Lemur, then turn on Show Output, it sends back the value Lemur sent in. If I say reduce it with another surface, then turn on Show Output, it is sending a new, lower number.

So starting to look like it's something I need to do on the Lemur end, but curious why it sends a flood of messages and not just one. Is it expecting an ACK and resending when it doesn't get it?

Cheers
Malcolm
__________________
My CSI Notes wiki : https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
MalcolmG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #5237
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Thanks Geoff,



Yeah, that's a Lemur thing. The Fader object has several variables you can send/receive. X is the current position of the fader between 0 and 1. Z (see below) indicates Touch.



Ahhh, silly me. It's been awhile since I used the log, so kinda forgot it was there.

The input shows like this:

Code:
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.665490  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  1.000000  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.664667  
<snip>  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662748  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  0.000000
but enabling Show Output results in a constant flood of messages:

Code:
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.662745
...
That value is the current value it seems. If I set it with Lemur, then turn on Show Output, it sends back the value Lemur sent in. If I say reduce it with another surface, then turn on Show Output, it is sending a new, lower number.

So starting to look like it's something I need to do on the Lemur end, but curious why it sends a flood of messages and not just one. Is it expecting an ACK and resending when it doesn't get it?

Cheers
Malcolm
Hmmm...

Steady streams like that are often a sign of a "double" mapping -- does that make any sense in your circumstance ?

Maybe post the full contents of the .ost and .zon files...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #5238
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Maybe post the full contents of the .ost and .zon files...

That's them in the original post I like to keep them simple when starting. HEre they are again, just to make it easy:


Code:
Widget PlayStopButton
    Control /PlayButton/x
    FB_Processor /PlayButton/x
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
    Control /Fader/x
    FB_Processor /Fader/x
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone Home
    PlayStopButton Play
    Fader1 MasterTrackVolume  
ZoneEnd
They are the only OSC pieces I have enabled.



I've also since dug into the Lemur manual a bit more. It has a section on Bidirectional communications but I've got it setup correctly as it is.



Cheers
Malcolm
__________________
My CSI Notes wiki : https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
MalcolmG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #5239
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
That's them in the original post I like to keep them simple when starting. HEre they are again, just to make it easy:


Code:
Widget PlayStopButton
    Control /PlayButton/x
    FB_Processor /PlayButton/x
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
    Control /Fader/x
    FB_Processor /Fader/x
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone Home
    PlayStopButton Play
    Fader1 MasterTrackVolume  
ZoneEnd
They are the only OSC pieces I have enabled.



I've also since dug into the Lemur manual a bit more. It has a section on Bidirectional communications but I've got it setup correctly as it is.



Cheers
Malcolm
What do things look like if you enable Show Input and Show Output simultaneously ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #5240
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What do things look like if you enable Show Input and Show Output simultaneously ?
OK, apologies, this is long. I tried to do it as quickly as I could (I actually practiced a few times ), and I've annotated with a few comments to explain what I did:

Code:
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.555556  
// started adjusting master volume via Lemur
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.559722  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  1.000000  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.562639  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.564681  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.566110  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.567110  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.567810  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.567810  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.568301  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.568644  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.568644  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.568884  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.569052  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.569170  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.568211  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.565456  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.565456  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.561444  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.556552  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.551045  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.545107  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.545107  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.538866  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.531373  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.523003  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.514019  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.503563  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.493119  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.493119  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.481642  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.468399  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.456004  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.443161  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.443161  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.431046  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.419441  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.408192  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.398234  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.389181  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.382843  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.377365  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.377365  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.373531  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.369805  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.367197  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.365371  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.364093  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.364093  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.362157  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.360801  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.358811  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.356376  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.354672  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.353478  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.352643  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.352059  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.351649  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.351363  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.351162  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.351022  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.351965  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.353667  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.356942  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.360276  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.364693  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.370910  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.378387  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.386746  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.396764  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.407943  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.419935  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.432496  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.432496  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.445456  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.458694  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.471086  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.482885  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.495311  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.507134  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.518536  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.529642  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.540541  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.551295  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.561948  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.572531  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.583063  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.592519  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.602263  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.611168  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.619484  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.628431  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.636776  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.644702  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.651291  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.657987  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.663716  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.663716  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.669810  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.675117  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.679873  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.684245  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.688346  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.692259  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.694998  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.696915  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.698257  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.699197  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.699854  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700315  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700637  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700863  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701020  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701131  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701208  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701263  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/z  0.000000  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701300  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701327  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701346  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701359  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701368  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701374  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701379  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701382  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701384  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701385  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701386  
IN -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389 
// finshed adjusting master volume via Lemur  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.701389  
// adjusted master volume through GUI
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.700238  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.699261  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.694378  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.673869  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.632851  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.569371  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.493194  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.429714  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.384789  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.379906  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.397485  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.469755  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.600623  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.679729  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
// finished adjusting master volume via GUI
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565  
OUT -> iPadPro /Fader/x  0.686565
__________________
My CSI Notes wiki : https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
MalcolmG is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.