Old 07-11-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
onewayout
Human being with feelings

Default Help With CC shortcuts

So I'm using the Korg NK2 for my CC for binding shortcuts NOT USING KLINKE it is not needed for this....

MY problem is that when I assign a shortcut and forget which one I use I cannot sus out where it is on my NK2 from the ACTION MENU...IOW I just set GLUE to one of my MANY buttons on the NK2 but now forgot which one...so I go to glue again in the ACTION MENU and it says my shortcut is

"MIDI CHAN 1 NOTE 2"

How can I find out where this is on my NK2? Is there a KEYMAP for this from REAPER or from KORG?

Thx, Jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #2
nofish

For my MIDI controller (other brand) the default mapping (factory presets) is listed in its manual. Isn't this the case for the NK2?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
For my MIDI controller (other brand) the default mapping (factory presets) is listed in its manual. Isn't this the case for the NK2?
Hey nofish,

Not that I can see... It says I can set my controller to general MIDI which I have done... But no key map...
Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
nofish

From a quick look at the product site it seems there's 'Korg Kontrol editor" software for it which should show you the current mapping?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #5
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
From a quick look at the product site it seems there's 'Korg Kontrol editor" software for it which should show you the current mapping?
Well the EDITOR DOES give me a CC # but they do not correspond to what I'm getting on the REAPER action list...As I said REAPER gives me MIDI CHAN 1 NOTE 2 but the Korg editor only gives me CC# 32 or whatever...Can't seem to reconcile them yet...I KNOW it's gotta be out there somewhere...

I may be COMPLETELY missing it but it's not clicking yet...Hoping someone who is using this system has a better handle on it and can open me eyes...(-'
Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 AM   #6
onewayout

Ok I have figured out how REAPER is reading the shortcuts for NK2....Its a little weird and may be different for anyone else...so this is how it is working on my controller.

MIDI CHAN 1
(first part of the identification in REAPER action list) Seems to be everything on the controller

NOTE 0-7 are the RECORD buttons on each channel at the bottom

Note 16-23 are the MUTE buttons

Note 8-15 are the SOLO buttons

So as you can see why I have been a bit confused by how that all works, hope it may come in handy for someone down the road...