Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
nuclearallan
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering regions causes volume issues in tracks

Hello ya'll,

Been a happy Reaper user for around 10 years now and it has rarely failed me!

Within the past month or two I've been having a gigantic issue when rendering multiple songs via the region manager. The songs will start off okay, and then as I play the song the individual volumes of different tracks start to go completely insane. Here's an example of the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7d9lgq3h4...T-002.mp3?dl=0

At the starting point the drums are balanced just fine, and then towards the end the kick is completely eating up the entire mix. This happens randomly with random tracks in every song. Bass will dissapear, or be completly overbreaing, guitars will turn on and off, etc.

This is NOT an automation issue; all the automation points are correct and during playback in the project everything sounds as it should. It's become a giant headache because I do all songs per job in one project, and now I am back to having to highlight each song and render one by one vs the batch process. I've done a good amount of googling and haven't had much help. I've also considered doing batch live renders but haven't found much info about that either, and even then that is still a workaround that would be slowing down my process as I am used to reaper rendering around 3x the normal play rate. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Edit: it’s even happening for individual time selection renders ��

Last edited by nuclearallan; 10-26-2019 at 12:27 AM.
nuclearallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

Your example is not available. That and maybe even a minimal example project (without media) could help people to help you. Right now it's anyone's guess what is going on there.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote