Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #41
frog_jr
Human being with feelings

Yes, I would like that. I gather this is a tool to save the current state of the mixer so you can restore it? When I make a big master AHK script next month I'll include it, and also make a .exe for anybody interested. It will have to include more of your contributions I think.

BTW, I don't hear Bender in my head when I read your posts any more. I now hear Bill Baily doing his dolphin impression. Not sure why.

Cheers, tad
frog_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #42
Bevosss

Default Middle Mouse Button Drag-Select-On-Top-Of-Items Utility

This utility lets you use the middle button to drag-select on items ala Cubase/Live/Logic etc, WITHOUT affecting other programs or windows...plus you can toggle it on/off with the Numerical Keypad(/) key, so you can still use Scrub without closing it.

I personally find the middle button MUCH less unco than the right button, without affecting normal Reaper operations.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/72580/MB-Select.zip

Here's the included Read_Me:

Quote:
MB SELECT.exe

This is a substitute for left click drag selection on items, found in most other hosts. Reaper can't do this yet, the closest is right click drag selection with the preference ticked*. This lets you use the middle button for drag selection on items instead, without affecting any other windows. You can toggle it on/off with Keypad(/), an 'S' will appear instead of the 'M' to show it is suspended...this is so you can still use scrub etc without closing the exe. I chose Keypad(/) because this button doesn't work in Reaper yet.

*Make sure in Preferences/Mouse you have checked 'Select both time and items when using right click marquee (alt toggles)'

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/72576/1...references.png

Download and place MB SELECT on the desktop. Double-click to start it, an 'M' will appear in the tray.

Keypad (/): toggles Suspend on/off (an 'S' will appear instead of the 'M')

Ctrl-Alt-Keypad(/) : this closes the exe.

You can start the utility with the same shortcut that closes it, by right clicking on the exe, 'create shortcut', then right click on the shortcut, click on properties, click in the 'Shortcut key' field, press Ctrl-Alt-Keypad (/), and click ok. Now you can open and close it with just Ctrl-Alt-Keypad(/).

NB: pressing Alt with this running lets you marquee select items like normal.

*** I've made programs like this before, this one is much better in that it doesn't affect other windows, and you can toggle it active/suspended in Reaper to still use Scrub etc. I was hoping Cockos would implement it natively, not looking likely unfortunately.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #43
Bevosss

Default REAPER HELPER

I made a utility for automating a few features of Reaper.

http://shup.com/Shup/75823/REAPER_HELPER.exe

It mostly uses the Applications key (next to the right windows key) with modifiers, plus the NumpadDiv key (/)...neither keys are used in Reaper at all. All shortcuts will not interfere with any of your current shortcuts.

(if you need other shortcuts let me know eg for laptops/apple kbds, I used these because they are unused and I can press them with one hand.)

Here's the read_me for what it does:

Quote:
This is an exe file for some Reaper-related tasks.

Features Include:

Auto-Install of Reaper [WIN-CTRL-R] (Open the installer before pressing the shortcut)
Auto-Start of Reaper [WIN-CTRL-ALT-R] (Only if located in default C:\Program files\REAPER\REAPER.exe)

Set Focus to Reaper Window [APPSKEY]
Set Focus to MIDI Editor Window [SHIFT-APPSKEY]
Set Focus to Mixer Window and Maximize [ALT-APPSKEY] (if tooled and floating)
Set Focus to FX Chain Window [CTRL-APPSKEY]

Cycle Focus through open REAPER child windows [APPSKEY + LEFT ARROW]

Close ALL open child windows at once (except REAPER, Mixer and Performance Window) [WIN + APPSKEY]

Find Keyboard Shortcut [WIN-K]

Replace Source File [WIN-CTRL-ALT-S] (similar to xenakios version, except the current source file is displayed)

Move Active Window to:

Left [WIN-CTRL-ALT-LEFT]
Top Left [WIN-CTRL-LEFT]
Bottom Left [WIN-ALT-LEFT]

DOUBLE-CLICK TO RUN THE EXE

PRESS NUMPAD(/) TO TOGGLE SUSPEND ON/OFF

PRESS WIN-CTRL-ALT-NUMPAD(/) TO VIEW THIS TEXT

PRESS WIN-Q TO EXIT

...Bevossssssssssssss
Cheers!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #44
frog_jr

I made a little AHK macro for saving the settings in the Item Processing > Dynamic Split Items to a config file. It lets you select a config file to restore settings from also. It's available as a .ahk script and as a Windows executable. Pls. give them a test run.

http://homeofthegnome.net/AHK/DynSplitSaver.ahk
http://homeofthegnome.net/AHK/DynSplitSaver.exe

I just finished it and I'd appreciate testing and feedback. The one problem I still have is it will not overwrite files, so if you want to re-use the same filename, you have to manually delete the old one. It displays the config file contents for you when it's done.

I was going to make a feature request for this and still will, but it just occurred to me how I could make this when I was getting ready to post the FR. AHK is the best!

Last edited by frog_jr; 12-26-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #45
frog_jr

Quote:
I just finished it and I'd appreciate testing and feedback. The one problem I still have is it will not overwrite files, so if you want to re-use the same filename, you have to manually delete the old one.
It does however optionally auto-name the config file with date/time format: DynSplit.DD.HH.MM.dsc

Quote:
It displays the config file contents for you when it's done.
Which I will get rid of once it proves to work adequately.

The idea is that if you are used to working in a few particular places or with particular equipment, you can perfect your settings for the dynamic split dialog and then save them, perhaps naming them with the name of that venue, studio, speaker, whatever is appropriate. I made this specifically for working with spoken word, but it may have some application for music as well.
Cheers, tad

Last edited by frog_jr; 12-23-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #46
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog_jr View Post
Hellooooooooooo?
I tested the exe and the ahk script on 2.54 and the latest alpha, and it's all sweet here after a minor hiccup...it shows a new name by default when you go to restore it (which I didn't notice), so I tried a different naming convention and that restored fine.

I'm not sure that date option is very intuitive to find, maybe just load the last saved one or a blank name instead? For my workflow anyway, maybe not for others...

Anyway no biggee, it works just like loading keymaps. One thing I did notice also, is after installing the new beta 2.99 again, the saved settings reverted to a previous setting...again, pretty easy to reload your default file to fix that.

Great work man! This could be extremely useful to those that use it a lot (I don't, but I'm always up for testing shit )

* One other thing, we should probably do one post here to link to another thread, and use that thread to discuss the issue...thereby not diluting this thread too much.

Cheers!

Last edited by Bevosss; 12-28-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #47
frog_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
I tested the exe and the ahk script on 2.54 and the latest alpha, and it's all sweet here after a minor hiccup...it shows a new name by default when you go to restore it (which I didn't notice), so I tried a different naming convention and that restored fine.

I'm not sure that date option is very intuitive to find, maybe just load the last saved one or a blank name instead? For my workflow anyway, maybe not for others...

Anyway no biggee, it works just like loading keymaps. One thing I did notice also, is after installing the new beta 2.99 again, the saved settings reverted to a previous setting...again, pretty easy to reload your default file to fix that.

Great work man! This could be extremely useful to those that use it a lot (I don't, but I'm always up for testing shit )

* One other thing, we should probably do one post here to link to another thread, and use that thread to discuss the issue...thereby not diluting this thread too much.

Cheers!
Well, thanks for checking it out! The showing new name in the load file dialogue, I can see what you're saying. It shall be corrected within 20 minutes then.

And I'll create a separate thread, if it will drum up more response. I just felt like this was such a tiny little tool that it hardly merited a thread.

-- OK, done, I changed it and put up the modified version. The default file name shall be blank now, which is more appropriate.

Last edited by frog_jr; 12-28-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #48
frog_jr

Default Reaper Time Grabber

OK, this executable or script will save either current cursor location or selected region as text to clipboard so that you may paste it to a text editor of your choice and then later use this to goto that location or region instantly. Not as perfect as clicking on a hyperlink, but what do you want? Wicker?

Laptop fixed: I modified it so you don't use the numpad keys any more. You just use the number keys. It goes like this:

---------------------------
Hotkeys and Hotstrings list
---------------------------
Win-Ctrl-Alt-1 Get Current Time Position

Creates marker, copies time position of marker to clipboard. You may then paste this into whatever you use to make your notes. Warning: if you do this where there's already a marker, you will kill the script/program and have to restart it.

Ctrl-Win-Alt-2 Send highlighted text to Reaper's Time Selection

You then can use a previously copied time position by highlighting in your text editor and pressing this keyboard combination.

Ctrl-Win-Alt-4 Copy timeline Selection to clipboard

This works for any time selection. If you want to do this with a region, first double-click the region, which automatically makes it the time selection as per Reaper's defaults. Paste into whatever text editor you use for making your notes.

Ctrl-Win-Alt-5 Goto time selection in Reaper

This will take any time selection you created with the Ctrl-Win-Alt-4 keypress and make it your time selection in Reaper.

And these I just put in there because I had them lying around:

Ctrl-Win-Alt-F2 realtime speed playback
Ctrl-Win-Alt-F4 double speed playback
Ctrl-Win-Alt-F1 half speed playback
Ctrl-Win-Alt-F3 1.25x speed playback
Win-k List of Hotkeys

So give it a try if you like.

Download:

http://homeofthegnome.net/AHK/Reaper.Time.Grabber-2.exe
http://homeofthegnome.net/AHK/Reaper.Time.Grabber-2.ahk
Old 01-07-2009, 03:23 AM   #49
frog_jr

Default ReaperNotes -- a Notepad for Reaper

UPDATED AND BUGS FIXED
Current version 3.1
Download lins updated 01.26.09

Other features added, a tap tempo widget that sends BPM to Reaper or your clipboard, a "clicker" that will map 10 hotkeys to a mouseclick in a location of your choosing. Also a "suspend hotkeys" key.

Here's a little text editor that has a handful of Reaperful functions. I did not create the text editor itself, I just added to it, as anyone else is welcome to do. It copies time selections from Reaper to ReaperNotes, and if you highlight them in ReaperNotes and select "sendregion" from the actions menu, it goes there in Reaper. It will also copy all marker information from any .rpp file, and it toggles between itself and Reaper by pressing Ctrl-Win-Alt-C. I'm sure a lot of nice features can be added in time, but here's the first edition.

BTW When it pastes your time selection it does it in this format: @starttime,endtime@. It will ignore the @ signs so you can highlight them or not.

Download (updated):
http://homeofthegnome.net/4.rpr/ReaperNotes3.1.ahk
http://homeofthegnome.net/4.rpr/Reapernotes3.1.exe
Includes these functions:

Name in the "actions" menu -- or keybindings:

GetRegion -- Ctrl-Alt-Win-4
Slightly misleading name because it doesn't get a region, but the start and end points of your current time selection, and pastes it into Reapernotes. If you want to do this with a region, double click that region and it also becomes the selection.

SendRegion -- Ctrl-Alt-Win-5
Copies highlighted text, presumably a time selection previously acquired with GetRegion, sends it to Reaper and makes that the current selection

ImportMarkers -- Ctrl-Alt-Win-8
Selects a .rpp file to import all markers from as text, and pastes them into Reapernotes. If you save your project in Reaper before doing this, all markers and regions will be then imported as text.

Ctrl-Alt-Win-C
Toggles between Reaper and Reapernotes as active window

Ctrl-Shift-K
Make selected text all caps

Ctrl-Shift-Alt-K
Make selected text all lower case

Ctrl-Alt-K
Make selected text title case

Win-K
Show all hotkeys

Win-g
Search for highlighted text in Google (Why, because it was there.)

Tested with Reaper 2.54 and WinXP SP3.

Last edited by frog_jr; 01-26-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #50
frog_jr

Default New Tempo Mapping Tool

I'm hoping this provides similar functionality to Bevoss's excellent macros from the tempo mapping 101 thread. But it's got a Gui baby!

Thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=30786
Old 01-22-2009, 01:41 AM   #51
AlienInfix

Default ReaperDoc updates?

A while back greno posted this thread about ReaperDoc his super cool tool "to convert Reaper project files into a readable printable format" (says his site).

Interesting app. You gotta go thru the "convert" dialog every time, I think. I tried right clicking on a .RPP file, try opening it with ReaperDoc, but no quick magic output happens. Then I wonder has anyone
  • extended it
  • found something like it
  • thinks .RPP has new useful info since ReaperDoc came out
  • (is this the right place to ask)

Just wondering. Thanks.

Last edited by AlienInfix; 01-22-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: brain forgets stuff
AlienInfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #52
frog_jr

Default External Render helper

This a tiny executable that you put in a folder of your choosing, select in preferences as an 'external editor' and then when you want to render to an external file quickly, use the right-click 'open with external editor' and it will be copied to whatever directory the executable is in. If there's already an item with that filename in the folder, it truncates any names longer than 16 chars and appends the date-time to the filename. You can do this with any item you create by slicing, and you can use 'apply FX' and then copy the rendered item to an external file. I combined both of these actions into one custom and called it "render to external."

Oh, yeah, if you have Xenakios_Commands.dll in your plugins folder, you have 4 external editors you can send to, instead of just 2.

And if you put a shortcut to the directory for moveit.exe in your media explorer, you can easily drag n drop to reasamplomatic and probably other things too.

I made a thread for this item. Pls. check it out:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=31222

Download:
http://homeofthegnome.net/4.rpr/Moveit.exe

Last edited by frog_jr; 01-22-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #53
Attic

Default Reaper does Rock Band

Reaper does Rock Band probably old news by now.

Tool or toy but it looks like Harmonix maybe adding something to the community. Now if we can only reverse engineer it into a cool VJ app.
I haven't tried it and don't no where to get it but here is the article link.

Inside the Rock Band Network, as Harmonix Gives Interactive Music its Game-Changer
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/0...ger/#more-7148
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaperrockband_t_thumb.jpg (89.2 KB, 536 views)

Last edited by Attic; 09-11-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Attic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #54
doulos24

this is a script I wrote in autohotkey for a friend without a midi controller that I thought id share. It does 4 things. It allows you to add as many tracks as you select, it allows you to insert 8 of your favorite plugins anywhere you put your mouse using the plug in favorites folder, it records up to 8 cursor positions then it recalls them with a added single mouse click and it switches the entire mixer tracks to the 5 different automation modes. if anyone would try this out and let me know what they think I'd be grateful, or if there’s any features I should add please feel free to let me know thanks

Turning the script on and off

ctrl pgup turns the script on
ctrl pgdn turns the scrip off

Selecting tracks

ctrl shift t opens up a inputbox asking you how many tracks?
select the number and hit enter

plugin slection

alt 1-8 opens up the first 8 favorites plug-ins where ever the cursor is sitting

Recording the mouse

when numlock is on pressing numpad 1-8 records cursor positons
ctrl numpad 1-8 recalls those positions and sends a added left mouse click
this allows you to control up to 8 plug in windows8 mutes, 8 solos or 8 cursor points in the project etc.to rerecord a position just put the cursor where you want and record it in 1 of the 8 numpad slots. I find this very useful

automation controls

select a track put your cursor on the env button without clicking and type w1-w5 it selects all tracks minus the master and changes the automation type
w1 = trim
w2 = read
w3 = touch
w4 = latch
w5 = write

I sent a zip of the compiled script so anyone without autohotkey can use it with reaper enjoy
if you rather have the code let me know
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper script auto.zip (197.7 KB, 327 views)
doulos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #55
TonE

Midi Control Event Remapper Directly by editing .RPP
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...892#post853892
This allows you to remap all midi control event mappings directly in your .rpp using AutoHotkey. It is just one example how it could be done.

Last edited by TonE; 11-29-2011 at 12:31 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #56
cyrilfb

Default ReaperDoc as a custom action - ReaperDoc2

I have rewritten ReaperDoc as a Python script. ReaperDoc2 is a tool to produce documentation of a project from the project file (.RPP). The original was written by Gregg Reno in Visual Basic. Using his project as a template I have written it in Python so that it can be used either standalone or as a custom action within Reaper. It is intended to work on both Mac and PC computers.

The installation and documentation are found in the file reaperdoc.htm in the download.

This is a BETA test. The known errors currently are:
1. On Mac it runs standalone but not as custom action. Any one know Mac?
2. On Windows Vista, sometimes the window is hidden behind Reaper and Reaper must be minimized to see it.

EDIT: 14 December, 2012: No longer beta testing, this is a final release with some bug fixes and enhancements. See this thread for discussion:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=112906

Get it here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/14504/ReaperDoc2.zip

Last edited by cyrilfb; 12-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #57
TonE

Switching ReaSamplomatic5000 samples of selected track via hotkeys.
ReaSamplomatic5000 has to be in fx 8! You can change this, but then you need to modify the .ahk code.

Currently available hotkeys are, which you can also change if you want:
^ + 1/2 or
Right-Alt + n/m or
Right-Alt + 1/2

You can use any of those, all do the same, I create usually multiple versions, so sometimes its easier for left hand, or right hand, depending on what my other hand does.

Get it here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4439
Discuss it here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43815
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
Mielushe2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
This utility will shrink the left edge of an item a specified grid division. Start the exe, and hit (/) on the keypad for instructions.

Here's the mapping:

**Function Keys Move Left Item Edge Back a Grid Division**

NB: Map Ctrl-Alt-Left Arrow to : Item Navigation:Select and move to previous item
Map Ctrl-Alt-Right Arrow to : Item Navigation:Select and move to next item

Hit 'S' to split, then hit F5-F9 to pull the left item's edge back the required division.

To repeat the edge reduction, make sure the item to the right of the cut is selected (Right Click Drag on the item, or Ctrl-Click)

F5: Move Item Edge Back 1/32
F6: Move Item Edge Back 1/16
F7: Move Item Edge Back 1/8
F8: Move Item Edge Back 1/4
F9: Move Item Edge Back 1 Bar

X exits the program,
or, right click the green 'H' in the tray

A little pic of it in action, after slicing up a contiguous file with 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1 beat.

Here's a keymap for it to save you mapping it, drop it in REAPER/keymaps and go to preferences-keyboard control-load.

Cheers,
Bevoss

From it's description, I found this very helpful. But as a beginner in reaper I'm struggling in vain to have functioning. I have followed the steps and pasted the keymap provided in Reaper Keymap.But the following step in the Preferences - Keyboard control is still not clear for me... Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Mielushe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #59
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default rea...'MagicMouse' ? - re 'reascriptauto' :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos24 View Post
this is a script I wrote in autohotkey for a friend without a midi controller that I thought id share. It does 4 things. It allows you to add as many tracks as you select, it allows you to insert 8 of your favorite plugins anywhere you put your mouse using the plug in favorites folder, it records up to 8 cursor positions then it recalls them with a added single mouse click and it switches the entire mixer tracks to the 5 different automation modes. if anyone would try this out and let me know what they think I'd be grateful, or if there’s any features I should add please feel free to let me know thanks

Turning the script on and off

ctrl pgup turns the script on
ctrl pgdn turns the scrip off

Selecting tracks

ctrl shift t opens up a inputbox asking you how many tracks?
select the number and hit enter

plugin slection

alt 1-8 opens up the first 8 favorites plug-ins where ever the cursor is sitting

Recording the mouse

when numlock is on pressing numpad 1-8 records cursor positons
ctrl numpad 1-8 recalls those positions and sends a added left mouse click
this allows you to control up to 8 plug in windows8 mutes, 8 solos or 8 cursor points in the project etc.to rerecord a position just put the cursor where you want and record it in 1 of the 8 numpad slots. I find this very useful

automation controls

select a track put your cursor on the env button without clicking and type w1-w5 it selects all tracks minus the master and changes the automation type
w1 = trim
w2 = read
w3 = touch
w4 = latch
w5 = write

I sent a zip of the compiled script so anyone without autohotkey can use it with reaper enjoy
if you rather have the code let me know
nice, testing tonight... I would LOVE to see the code for this.

thanks!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote