Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
dienda
Human being with feelings

Default Maschine controlling Reaper

So I read somewhere that the maschine can control Reaper using the Mackie control template.

However this is not working for me. I've got the book Reaper Power and its telling me a few steps and it's still not working.

I keep getting the error, "Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs and outputs.

I've installed the maschine as a midi device, and it recognizes it as a control surface option when selecting the MAckie control environment...

Any ideas here?
dienda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
dienda

further...

I just want to do this going through the USB port. I don't want to use midi. GOTTA be a way!

I offer heart felt enthusiastic High Fives as payment. The kind that sting a little but make you think, "Hell yeah!"
Old 04-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
dienda

I could really use some help with this one. Seems It SHOULD work by everything I've read but no luck. I've tried turning part of things on and off, nothing is helping. Gotta be some pros here that know the answer....
Old 09-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
themixtape

This is driving me insane, basically 8 years after your topic, that no one replied to. I want the same. What I want is the ability to use the MC Template with Maschine, as well as other custom Templates I made.... and sadly, this isn't possible because of midi port conflict.

To answer your question (not that it matters this late), you have to disable your Maschine in the MIDI Input section of Reaper's Preferences (Devices / MIDI). And also disable it in Outputs, if it is. Then, you can enable Maschine / Mackie Control as a Control Surface (further down in Preferences), and set the Input and Output ports to "Maschine In" and "Maschine Out" (whatever version of Maschine you're using).

Hope this helps... again, it's way late, but at least someone helped you!