Old 06-17-2020, 06:44 PM   #281
Prenzler
Human being with feelings

No worries, thanks for the link. I'm starting to dabble with themes so this might be a good starting project for me.
Prenzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #282
Jibeji

Hello,
Tried it, loved it, bought it!

Just a quick question: is it possible to got the routing buttons on the TCP?

Last edited by Jibeji; 06-19-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Jibeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #283
talustalus

best theme I've seen in Reaper ever.

How can we release the media item appearance options which are greyed out?

Currently it's difficult to see which items are selected and which are not (when the height is small and the labels are hidden).

I've always yearned for borders around items, is this possible with the theme?

-thanks-
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:53 AM   #284
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibeji View Post
Hello,
Tried it, loved it, bought it!

Just a quick question: is it possible to got the routing buttons on the TCP?
Hi jb, thanks for your support Did you fix it in the meantime?

I assume the routing button is already there, next to the volume, in green, yellow and blue. Try hover with the mouse and click - if that's what you mean??

It is also possible to show / hide controls using Theme Adjuster > Track Panel. The Adjuster is located under Reaper Options Menu > Themes.

Start by selecting a Layout for a track, to be able to create panel settings. Note that settings are remembered individually for each theme, meaning controls could suddenly be hidden(!)

Old 06-20-2020, 04:01 AM   #285
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
best theme I've seen in Reaper ever.

How can we release the media item appearance options which are greyed out?

Currently it's difficult to see which items are selected and which are not (when the height is small and the labels are hidden).

I've always yearned for borders around items, is this possible with the theme?

-thanks-
Hi and thanks!
Media Items appearance shouldn't be greyed out in Prefs, at least not with revision 1.3. However colors and borders for Media Items are baked into the UI elements and not customizable.

That aside, I understand what you're asking. Here’s an explanation and also suggestions for settings,

The BasicColor series was made to be very easy on the eyes, without full-colored panels, a relatively flat design, discreet buttons, and so on.

All Item Buttons for the BC variants is made to be used over Media Items, and to clearly see what is engaged. Other C-SIX variants such as PimpedUp!, Integral and Producer have a different approach, as shown in the second example.
There the Item Buttons are much more present and suitable for use on top of Media Items. These buttons could very well be copied to the BC series, but it would also break the BC concept, which is reason why I don't change it.

One thing I could do for the Basic variants is to remove the transparency of the non-engaged media buttons. This would make them stand out a bit more if placed on top of Items anyway. I think I'll do that for the next update

By default, selected Media Items have stronger contrast and a double-colored border of 2 px to work equally on either light or dark backgrounds. Using a border with a single color would of course be more present on some backgrounds, but not good for others, so IMO there's a trade-off and a consideration to make.

For stronger highlighting, I suggest activating the extra Colored Bar for selected Media Item in the theme Tweaker, and save as new ReaperTheme.

On a note, I prefer that the waveform does not suddenly revert in color when I'm editing. I often see this as a solution to highlight Media Items.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:48 AM   #286
Jibeji

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Note that settings are remembered individually for each theme, meaning controls could suddenly be hidden(!)
Hi PhelixK,
That's what happened.
Thanks for your answer.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #287
talustalus

Quote:
Hi and thanks!
Media Items appearance shouldn't be greyed out in Prefs, at least not with revision 1.3. However colors and borders for Media Items are baked into the UI elements and not customizable.

That aside, I understand what you're asking. Here’s an explanation and also suggestions for settings,

The BasicColor series was made to be very easy on the eyes, without full-colored panels, a relatively flat design, discreet buttons, and so on.

All Item Buttons for the BC variants is made to be used over Media Items, and to clearly see what is engaged. Other C-SIX variants such as PimpedUp!, Integral and Producer have a different approach, as shown in the second example.
There the Item Buttons are much more present and suitable for use on top of Media Items. These buttons could very well be copied to the BC series, but it would also break the BC concept, which is reason why I don't change it.

One thing I could do for the Basic variants is to remove the transparency of the non-engaged media buttons. This would make them stand out a bit more if placed on top of Items anyway. I think I'll do that for the next update

By default, selected Media Items have stronger contrast and a double-colored border of 2 px to work equally on either light or dark backgrounds. Using a border with a single color would of course be more present on some backgrounds, but not good for others, so IMO there's a trade-off and a consideration to make.

For stronger highlighting, I suggest activating the extra Colored Bar for selected Media Item in the theme Tweaker, and save as new ReaperTheme.

On a note, I prefer that the waveform does not suddenly revert in color when I'm editing. I often see this as a solution to highlight Media Items.

Media prefs definitely greyed out by I'm on the one previous version. All good doesn't matter.

I like your suggestions, I'm aware of all those options and the reason I didn't go with labels on top is because they don't get colored when selected - but you've reminded me the selection bar is another good option so I will try that for clarity.

Overall this theme is great, you got my kind of eye. cheers.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #288
vala

hi phelix!
i'm testing your theme since a couple of weeks, i like it!
i just installed the last version (rev_1.3b) and noticed the waveform peaks are thicker, check these sreenshots:

rev_1.1 :

rev_1.3b :

at the beginning of the file, the silence part, in the new version is thicker
personally i would like to be as before.
is this possible?
thanks!
vala
vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #289
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vala View Post
hi phelix!
i'm testing your theme since a couple of weeks, i like it!
i just installed the last version (rev_1.3b) and noticed the waveform peaks are thicker, check these sreenshots:
rev_1.1 :
rev_1.3b :
at the beginning of the file, the silence part, in the new version is thicker
personally i would like to be as before.
is this possible?
thanks!
vala
Hi vala, I'm glad you like it ツ

Yes this is to be expected. Since revision 1.3, the preferences for peak and waveform drawing have been optional.

In revision 1.1 the preferences are greyed out, and set to off in the configuration file. And now, when it is released, the setting in your personal setup is active and back on. This should explain your observation.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-21-2020 at 01:49 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #290
vala

Quote:
Since revision 1.3, the preferences for peak and waveform drawing have been optional.
ah! didn't noticed that, thanks!
vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #291
tonybeepbeep

I've got a 4k monitor on its way this week, so I'll report back probably after having completely f***ed up my Reaper settings
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #292
talustalus

Hi Phelix - is there any way of adding a border of any color around media items?

Loving this theme so much.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #293
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
I've got a 4k monitor on its way this week, so I'll report back probably after having completely f***ed up my Reaper settings
Hey and congrats! For the next update all additional layouts are available for high resolution displays, including the strips now

Quote:
Hi Phelix - is there any way of adding a border of any color around media items?

Loving this theme so much.
Hi talustalus,
have you tried the fat Colored Bar from the Tweaker as shown in my latest posts above here?

Besides this, it is possible to have a full border for selected items, but isn't something I plan to add for the series. If you really need the extra outline, I can perhaps make a special variant for you or just send you the "item_bg_sel.png". Borders could look like this example using any bright color or white:

Old 06-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #294
talustalus

Quote:
Hey and congrats! For the next update all additional layouts are available for high resolution displays, including the strips now

Hi talustalus,
have you tried the fat Colored Bar from the Tweaker as shown in my latest posts above here?

Besides this, it is possible to have a full border for selected items, but isn't something I plan to add for the series. If you really need the extra outline, I can perhaps make a special variant for you or just send you the "item_bg_sel.png". Borders could look like this example using any bright color or white:

Yes I have the colored bar on. It's just an aesthetic thing - no problem and wouldn't want you to do any extra work for me. I can live without it.

Last edited by talustalus; 06-25-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #295
pepe44

Hi , great work, never used a theme since i found this one. I use reaper for 10 years.
Really great use of colors and makes reaper way different and practical, i enjoyed a lot.
Closing folders in the Matrix is a bit difficult,could you please have a look at it ?

Thanks.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #296
talustalus

Quote:

Hi talustalus,

Quick q, how did it you manage to change the system font (the font used for docked tabs, drop down box text etc.) - are you on Mac? I'm on pc and wish I could change Reaper's "built in" system font, it would look so much better!
Old 06-27-2020, 02:49 AM   #297
PhelixK

Quote:
Quick q, how did it you manage to change the system font (the font used for docked tabs, drop down box text etc.) - are you on Mac? I'm on pc and wish I could change Reaper's "built in" system font, it would look so much better!
Yes correct, text in tabs, lists, and modal windows uses system fonts, in this case macOS San Francisco, and not (yet) possible to customize for themes.
macOS system font can be hacked though, perhaps it can also be done with Windows. /f

Old 06-27-2020, 02:50 AM   #298
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Hi , great work, never used a theme since i found this one. I use reaper for 10 years.
Really great use of colors and makes reaper way different and practical, i enjoyed a lot.
Closing folders in the Matrix is a bit difficult,could you please have a look at it ?

Thanks.
Hi Pepe, thank you for expressing your personal experience using C-SIX, and also for bringing the matrix view to my attention!

You refer to box backgrounds and unfolding icons inside routing under the Wiring matrix, yes?
In that case, you are absolutely right, and I will include a correction in the next update (soon):

before, and after color adjustments:

/f
Old 06-27-2020, 04:08 AM   #299
pepe44

Its not in the Wiring, but glad you found another one, eheh.
It´s in the routing matrix.
You´re theme has 3 lines, it behaves different from the standard arrow which i do prefer .
Thanks.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #300
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Its not in the Wiring, but glad you found another one, eheh.
It´s in the routing matrix.
You´re theme has 3 lines, it behaves different from the standard arrow which i do prefer .
Thanks.
Lol, yes I do agree on those folder icons as well, they aren't optimal.. and really should only display a two stage symbol. I'll have to look into it closer since they also have effect on the ME List.

I’m not so sure about using arrows or triangles, I believe I tried that already, and there’s more to it. Perhaps you can see what I mean if you compare Classic_1x and Def.5/6 theme.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #301
Jibeji

Hi,
As you can see in that image, the VU-meter colors of Reacomp are replaced.

It's quite hard to see how the compressor reacts with low level.
Is it possible to get back to original colors?
Old 06-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #302
PhelixK

Quote:
Hi,
As you can see in that image, the VU-meter colors of Reacomp are replaced.

It's quite hard to see how the compressor reacts with low level.
Is it possible to get back to original colors?
Hi! ops, I wasn't aware ReaComp is designed like that, JS limiters have their own unique color for GR. Either way, it is really easy to fix yourself, and I will also include the color correction with the next update.

Unless there are more places I haven't seen, this should do it:
  1. Locate the Theme Tweaker in Options Menu > Themes.
  2. Filter for 'interlace'
  3. Fill in the new color value > ok.
  4. Save as new theme name e.g. CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC_GR or something that makes sense to you.
– if you do not prefer interlaced meters in general, then it is a good time to un-check it.

* Edit: Instead set R,G,B = 64,0,0

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-27-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #303
Jibeji

Great !
Thanks a lot Fabian.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #304
pepe44

Quote:
Lol, yes I do agree on those folder icons as well, they aren't optimal.. and really should only display a two stage symbol. I'll have to look into it closer since they also have effect on the ME List.

I’m not so sure about using arrows or triangles, I believe I tried that already, and there’s more to it. Perhaps you can see what I mean if you compare Classic_1x and Def.5/6 theme.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #305
Jibeji

Hi,
Is there a way to have the track colors a bit less "watered"?
In web design we call that opacity, not sure of the term within Reaper.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:05 AM   #306
PhelixK

Quote:
Hi,
Is there a way to have the track colors a bit less "watered"?
In web design we call that opacity, not sure of the term within Reaper.
Hi, in what area, can you be more specific?

Here below are some tinted areas shown on a selected track. Transparency in each area are part of the GUI resources and can not be changed so easily.

For this type of 'single color navigation' that the CSIX Basic Color series offers, I tried to balance each area to work best, taking into account various superimposed elements, on control panels as well as for media and midi items.

Note from the example here, that the mixer track ID background (3) is different from the latest version 1.3.
In the next update, the appearance of this element will be the same as the track panels (4). There will also be some minor color and icon adjustments I have revised lately, but no other major changes to the basic track appearance.

Depending on some new features in development for Reaper 6, some adjustments may be needed for insert slots in both control panels. More on this later if it becomes relevant.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:47 AM   #307
Jibeji

Hi,
I am talking about those colors, compared to the default theme (right), they look a bit washed out.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:47 AM   #308
PhelixK

Quote:
Hi,
I am talking about those colors, compared to the default theme (right), they look a bit washed out.
Hey! ah ok, the tint weight on media items, number seven in my example.

I notice you’re using edges on waveform peaks, perhaps the reason for a more diffused appearance on your Media Items. If you didn’t intend to use this, I suggest experiment by taking them off inside Preferences -*check recent posts in this thread. Also verify that the Global Color Controls in Theme Adjuster is set to default for the theme, not displaying a mid tone boost or likewise.

Another thing you can experiment with, is Media Items tint blending from the Theme Tweaker, se example how items have some more contrast in my example using 'dodging'. Then after tweaking > save as new ReaperTheme etc.

Besides this, I can assure you the appearance of selected vs non-selected tracks is a design choice I made for CSIX, and using opacity with these exact values and for different considered reasons.

These weightings I think has stronger visibility of chosen tracks. The closer they appear the harder it will also be to see what is actually selected, like in the example you have posted.

Another important thing imo, is having the waveform in full color when selected, which is the opposite of your example. So, not dimmed or even reversed to indicate selections.

Also I think the dimmed inactive items has better separation to quickly glance overlays eg. envelopes and item title bars. Perhaps you’re not using this kind of displaying or features, and only for me to say, that there will always be trade-offs when we decide blending methods and transparency.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:45 AM   #309
Jibeji

This is exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks a lot.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #310
WarrenG

I really like this theme (Using Basic for now).
But I seem to be having kina the same issue that Jibeji is having.
All tracks are dim, even when selected (Ver. 1.3 Windows 10.) When zooming in to edit a waveform, it is thick and fuzzy. All other graphics are clean and crisp.
I can't seem to resolve this issue.

Running 2ea 55 inch monitors at 1920 x 1080 ea.

Thank you for this Theme and any help.

Warren
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:50 PM   #311
WarrenG

I think I may have solved it.
Liking the theme even more!
Thanks guy!

W
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #312
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
I think I may have solved it.
Liking the theme even more!
Thanks guy!

W
Hey Warren, sorry for late response, -glad you found settings for those blurry edges

In latest revision (1.4), I have boosted appearance of un-selected media items a bit more, I hope it’s better like this for most screens and resolutions.

Also I have changed back the configuration only in the CSIX BC Series, where peak edges is now off by default. For those who need outlined waveforms, I can provide the few steps on how to extract and edit the theme.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #313
PhelixK

Default Update: Revision 1.4

Concept Six BC- and MC Series have been updated to revision 1.4
– includes a number of corrections and minor adjustments.

Unfortunately the content of the BASIC variant must be reduced before upload, because right now the package is too big for Stash.. everything else is accessible from the external page, including BC Green which is similar to the BASIC version.

In terms of Hi-DPI usage, there are some important changes for working fully with latest Reaper (v6.13), which means that the structure of various hi-res layouts has changed, and also little easier to browse now:

Old 09-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #314
PhelixK

Default Update: Revision 1.5

CONCEPT SIX, revision 1.5 available

– Maintenance update for all variants.
– Corrections and adjustments for the latest Reaper features, e.g. show FX and sends in track panels:

CONCEPT SIX - DM ONYX

* NEW theme variant for the donation series
* Includes a large number of re-designed elements
* Prepared and tuned for "Dark Mode" system appearances
* 1080p / HD / 4K / Retina ready

Last edited by PhelixK; 09-26-2020 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #315
+NRG

New dark version looks great! I like the faders and meter colors / depth!
Old 09-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #316
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
New dark version looks great! I like the faders and meter colors / depth!
Hey +NRG! –it's always encouraging to hear positive comments, especially from someone like you who knows about the considerations and the time it takes to sew a new suit for Reaper ツ

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Note that images in this thread will be uploaded at full resolution and will appear gigantic if you browse the forum in standard mode. For a better reading experience: Log in to your account and select Reaper5 style from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by PhelixK; 09-27-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:51 PM   #317
+NRG

Quote:
Hey +NRG! –it's always encouraging to hear positive comments, especially from someone like you who knows about the considerations and the time it takes to sew a new suit for Reaper ツ
Your theme is one of the most original designs I’ve seen with a sleek / modern / futuristic aesthetic that is both cohesive and functional to me!
Old 09-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #318
todoublez

thx for the hard wrk. Donated. keep it up
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:06 AM   #319
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
thx for the hard wrk. Donated. keep it up
Hey TD, thank you for the support!