Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 05-06-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone gone for the Relab LX480 Essentials on sale?

$35 is just on the cusp of warranting an impulse buy. Good 480 verbs (which I don't own) can still get used a lot even if one has a slew of other go to reverbs, but does the Essentials version deliver?

Thx!
Old 05-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
Junolab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
$35 is just on the cusp of warranting an impulse buy. Good 480 verbs (which I don't own) can still get used a lot even if one has a slew of other go to reverbs, but does the Essentials version deliver?

Thx!
It's great! Very simple in this "essential" configuration and while I do have several 480 IRs in Reverberate, I just really like the option to tweak the sound fully instead of just doing minor tweaks to the IR. Depends on your economy, but 35$ ain't much for great sounds and its a good "test" of the bigger version (which is same engine, just more options)
Junolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #3
Softsynth

You can make big changes to the sound in Reverberate 3 to the Fusion IR versions of 224 & 480 IRs.

I noticed at JRR Shop the Exponential reverbs are going very cheap again too. The creator for those is an ex Lexicon reverb designer. Other dealers might be doing the same deals.
R2 for 19 dollars if I remember correctly.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:03 AM   #4
Junolab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
You can make big changes to the sound in Reverberate 3 to the Fusion IR versions of 224 & 480 IRs.
Very true, however its still very much work from the "origin" IR-sound. And it works great, so don't et me wrong. I think Reverberate 3 is the best offer in town. But still great to have simple parameters that quickly gets you to the point. Relabs Sonsig-A is also very much like this
Junolab is offline   Reply With Quote