Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
-R-
Human being with feelings

Default Can you use program/control changes in Notion 3?

I downloaded the demo and like it so far. However, according to the manual, sequencer staff will let you put program/control changes on your score, but they never tell you how. A thread on their forum didn't help either. Any clue/advice/instruction more than appreciated. Thanks!
-R- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
-R-
Human being with feelings

I sent an email to Notion tech support. Altought reserved for registered users, the guy kindly answered. Here is the answer:

Hi Eric,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. Thanks for the email. NOTION3 will not allow you to enter CC data other than pitch bend. When you import a MIDI file into NOTION3, you can view it in sequencer-staff view which will allow you to change note durations as well as velocities. Once you are in notation view, you can press the tab key to convert to sequencer-staff overlay mode which will also allow you to edit the note duration and velocities. NOTION is designed to handle the Kontakt player as a VSTi. You can send MIDI data directly to it if you would like but VSTi is usually the preferred conduit. I will submit a feature request to our development team for better MIDI implementation. Please feel free if you would like to give me a call at 866-398-2994 to discuss this more in depth.

Best Regards,

Brian Meisner

Another user asked the same question on the forum. Apparently, you cannot type midi commands, but you an record them ( e.g. with a physical copntroller)
-R- is offline   Reply With Quote