Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 07-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default First project using Behringer UMC1820 with Linux

My latest audio adventure and the first real project I've done in Linux using my new Behringer UMC1820 audio interface. Drums were recorded as five discreet tracks/channels in one shot with stereo overheads, kick, snare, and room mics. Everything else was recorded single track at a time.

This one features my great friend and long time music buddy Larry "Polymod" Benigno on additional solo and melody keyboard and guitars. I'm playing acoustic drums, electric bass, electric guitar, Kontakt piano and the Linux version of the Dexed synthesizer.

It's titled "Kundalini" at:

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...ongID=13893653
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:24 AM   #2
Mcgiver69

Bloody hell Glenbo I'm pretty sure Bill Brufford will sue you for doing Brufford better than Brufford

Cracking track and now one of my favourites from your lot.

Those preamps sound great and more present than your old card. That Behringer is some serious bang for your buck.

Lovely stuff mate!
Mcgiver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
Glennbo

Thanks Mac!

Bill Bruford is one of my favorite three drummers. I've seen him several times and even tried to meet him once, but he and his band made a bee line out the back stage door where I was waiting, and they instantly disappeared down the street to a waiting limo.

I agree about the better sound from those Midas preamps. They have an openness and airy sound that I wasn't getting with the analog mixer and old sound cards. Speaking of the old Delta 2496 cards, I took one of them out of my DAW, but left the other one in for system sound. I got almost 20 years out of them so I got my money's worth.

Check this out. Stamped with a copyright year of 2000, which is when I bought them, and made in . . . Drum roll . . . Taiwan.

Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote