Old 06-24-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
marcmarc
Human being with feelings

Default $recpass padding

Hi,
In Preferences/audio/recording/filename format for recorded files

the recpass wildcard's padding doesn't work when there is something after the wildcard.

ie:
- with the filename "$track-$recpass000" the 1st pass will be "mytrack-001", the 2nd pass will be "mytrack-002", etc, which is right.

- with the filename "$track-$recpass000-$project" (or whatever is after the padding numbers) the 1st pass will be "mytrack-1000", the 2nd pass will be "mytrack-2000", etc, which is wrong.

Same behaviour in the render window.
thanks
marcmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
lowellben

Same here. Confirmed.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:21 AM   #3
meestahp

Yes, I just bumped up agaisnt the same problem as well.
meestahp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:53 AM   #4
dbncreation

Confirmed. Still the same behavior (Reaper macOS-ARM 6.73)...
It needs to be fixed cause it doesn't make sense at all.

Furthermore, it seems that another bug appeared with this recpass wildcard... as it's taking now into account the recordings of the entire project and not just the recordings for each individual tracks. Which was way more usefull imho.
What's interesting in knowing that this 12th item on my guitar track is the 54th recording pass of my entire project ???
Let say i record 9 takes for the guitar, i would prefer to get 9 items labelled guitar_rec-001 to guitar_rec-009 for example, wouldn't you ?
I'm quite sure it was the (obvious) behavior untill recently, and a recent update broke this.
Am i the only one ?
Should i open a new bug report thread for that ?
Thanks in advance for fixing this !
dbncreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:12 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbncreation View Post
Confirmed. Still the same behavior (Reaper macOS-ARM 6.73)...
It needs to be fixed cause it doesn't make sense at all.

Furthermore, it seems that another bug appeared with this recpass wildcard... as it's taking now into account the recordings of the entire project and not just the recordings for each individual tracks. Which was way more usefull imho.
What's interesting in knowing that this 12th item on my guitar track is the 54th recording pass of my entire project ???
Let say i record 9 takes for the guitar, i would prefer to get 9 items labelled guitar_rec-001 to guitar_rec-009 for example, wouldn't you ?
I'm quite sure it was the (obvious) behavior untill recently, and a recent update broke this.
Am i the only one ?
Should i open a new bug report thread for that ?
Thanks in advance for fixing this !
I am pretty sure this was never the behavior of the $recpass wildcard. If you have a track called guitar and you wand recorded files to be named guitar_rec-001 to guitar_rec-009 etc, you should use the wildcard $track-rec and let REAPER auto-increment filenames as needed. $recpass is a global counter, so you can see which recordings were made at the same time, even if they are on different tracks.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:49 AM   #6
dbncreation

Oh, you're absolutely right schwa ! My mistake... (and thanks for your very quick reply by the way)
Indeed, after multiple tries i ended to use only the "$track-rec" naming method... which is not perfect neither because the 1st take is named "take", the 2nd take is named "take-01", the 3rd is named "take-02" and so on...
My conclusion is that it would be perfect if we could have a "$trackrecpass" wildcard.
Do you think it could be possible ?
dbncreation is offline   Reply With Quote