Old 08-27-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Cragster
Human being with feelings

Default DTX502 recording in Reaper

I hoping someone can help me solve this issue.Using Reaper
Tascam us1800
Yamaha DTX502 Edrums
Trying to figure out how to record the DTX502 using Ezdrummer as VST .I have the DTX connected straight to computer via midi USB. It's a little wonky to say the least but working.problem is monitoring all the other tracks I'm playing the drums to.if I monitor the drums from the US1800 interface I can hear my other tracks while I'm recording the drum tracks but the drum sound is just not good or loud enough thru my headphones.if I monitor thru the DTX module the drums sound awesome but I have no way of hearing the other tracks..which I need to hear to add the drum track..I like to make a few backing tracks of bass and guitar first using the reaper metronome then do my drum track against those tracks 2nd. I hope I'm explaining this right. Question being ..what's the best way to record playing my DTX using and monitoring the other tracks that I already recorded??.thanks
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
dcsmusic
Human being with feelings

You can take a stereo output pair from your interface and run it into the aux in of your dtx 502. This would allow you to monitor the mix from the DAW and the sound inside the drum brain at the same time, but you would have to mute the tracks that have the drum vst on them.

I know this is an old thread but this is how I do it.

If you've found a better way that allows low latency monitoring of the vst while tracking I am all ears
dcsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote