Old 02-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
acousticshade
Human being with feelings

Default Synthmaster midi learn issue

Has anyone else had any issues with Synthmaster? I am running their demos because I am interested in purchasing, but I tried to use the MIDI learn feature on both Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player and now I can't use my external keyboard with either VST anymore. The interface freaks out anytime I plug the MIDI cable in and it appears that the it is constantly getting random MIDI signals from the keyboard that basically flip through random patches without any stop. The issue does not occur if I use the Reaper virtual keyboard.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the Synthmaster player VST, and reloading all VST's but that did not resolve the issue. I even tried disabling my soundcard MIDI in preferences. I'm guessing that there is some MIDI preference that I need to fix, but have no idea.
acousticshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
whiteaxxxe
Banned

have you in any place maybe by accident switched on MIDI-through? maybe in Synthmaster? sounds like you have a MIDI-loop ...
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
acousticshade

That might be what it is, but it happens when I open a new song with a new track, so it would have to be something in the preferences & I can't find any MIDI thru item to turn off.

It might be that the VST learned a loop also, but I would think that the reinstall would have solved that issue.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
acousticshade

KVR responded to my e-mail. They had me erase the config file, but that still didn't help. However, now when I switch to just channel 1, the problem seems to go away.

Was able to MIDI learn several functions & the synth sounds excellent. Will more than likely at least buy the player for $20.