Old 01-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Default v6.03+dev0122 - January 22 2020

v6.03+dev0122 - January 22 2020
  • + Control surfaces: MCU remembers whether it is in MCP mode across sessions (csurf section, mcu_mcp key)
  • + Custom actions: add options to define when custom action feedback is displayed as enabled
  • + Performance meter: shorten text strings when very narrow
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
+ Custom actions: add options to define when custom action feedback is displayed as enabled
That is it!!! Thank you!

Those now options in Edit Custom Action dialog are again deaf to custom theme colors, though:

EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #3
EpicSounds

"+ Control surfaces:"
while you're in there…
would be great if control surfaces were suspended while running the render queue.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
"+ Control surfaces:"
while you're in there…
would be great if control surfaces were suspended while running the render queue.
Definitely!
Old 01-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
Edison

musicbynumbers;2235129]v6.03+dev0122 - January 22 2020
[*]+ Custom actions: add options to define when custom action feedback is displayed as enabled

Hello, Guys!!

Is the sentence below correct? The generated code does not translate.

25CC19BABEFB36D3=Show as enabled if component actions are a

Best regards
Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
schwa
Administrator

Sorry, no, that text display is truncated on Windows. But this will change anyway for the next build, and might change again before being put in a release.

For the next build, the text will be:

"Show as active if all component actions are:"
"Active"
"Active or indeterminate"
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #7
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Sorry, no, that text display is truncated on Windows. But this will change anyway for the next build, and might change again before being put in a release.

For the next build, the text will be:

"Show as active if all component actions are:"
"Active"
"Active or indeterminate"
schwa!

There were no problems with the translation for the other two strings!!

Thanks a lot!!
Old 01-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #8
javiramallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
That is it!!! Thank you!

Those now options in Edit Custom Action dialog are again deaf to custom theme colors, though:

Hi Partner.

Is there a chance that get a licecap of what this feature does?
"+ Custom actions: add options to define when custom action feedback is displayed as enabled"

Thank you in adavanced!
javiramallo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:59 AM   #9
EvilDragon

A custom action can contain a number of actions, and in many cases even a mix of actions which are toggles (have off/on states) and that are not toggles. This option decides when will this custom action show its toggle state when assigned to a toolbar - if all actions are enabled only (which means if you have a mix of toggles and non-toggle actions, it won't show anything), or if action(s) are enabled OR indeterminate, which in case of mixed actions will show the toggle state of the toggle action that's in the custom action.

Sounds a bit complicated I suppose, but that's my understanding.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:10 AM   #10
javiramallo

Quote:
A custom action can contain a number of actions, and in many cases even a mix of actions which are toggles (have off/on states) and that are not toggles. This option decides when will this custom action show its toggle state when assigned to a toolbar - if all actions are enabled only (which means if you have a mix of toggles and non-toggle actions, it won't show anything), or if action(s) are enabled OR indeterminate, which in case of mixed actions will show the toggle state of the toggle action that's in the custom action.

Yes it is a bit confuse but I think that I understood. Really thanks ED.
javiramallo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #11
schwa
Administrator

Quote:

Yeah, it took us a while to figure out how to even phrase the option. Basically do you want your custom action to be strict or not so strict when deciding whether to show that it's enabled on a toolbar or in a menu.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:44 AM   #12
EvilDragon

It is very appreciated that you figured out a way, though!

I still think it may have been easier to just have a dedicated toolbar for MIDI editor notation view (and this could STILL happen I suppose some time down the road), but oh well... I have it all working now
Old 01-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #13
srdmusic

Default Hi Supreme leader Justin

I'm having way more crashes with the latest few versions of Reaper than normal and I'd love to narrow down if it's a specific plugin or if there is something with in Reaper prefs I can adjust.

I know you said there is something's wrong with my dump files because you can't open them in VS 2013 or 2017... (maybe due to the huge thread count?)

I am able to open them here in VS 2019 but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Would it help at all if I opened the DMP file here since my machine can load the huge thread count?

Here's the Memory DMP files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7ccwdr4dq...82%29.DMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j44itqql52...eaper.DMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyjq5n5rps...84%29.DMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/noihn35m87...84%29.zip?dl=0

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 64bit
AMD Threadripper 3970x 4.28Ghz 32 core 64 thread
Ram: 128GB 3600Mhz
9 x m.2 Samsung Raided M.2 drives
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
I'm having way more crashes with the latest few versions of Reaper than normal and I'd love to narrow down if it's a specific plugin or if there is something with in Reaper prefs I can adjust.
Have you also tested with the latest release version to see if you are having similar crashes? If you make an assertion that this is related to the latest pres you actually need to test that - is it this pre? The last two pres? The latest release as well?

Just saying you are having random crashes doesn't give anyone enough information to try and help, even with crash logs. As users of the dev versions, it's on us to test versions and check regressions. If you don't have the time to do that it might be best to stick with the release version for now (which will also tell you if the behavior is happening in the release).

Generally if you are the only person reporting lots of crashing it is related to 1) specific hardware you are using or 2) third party software. And while the crash logs can maybe point you in the right direction, you should be testing and documenting as much as you can to narrow down the problem a little. My guess in your scenario is that if you ran the release version for 3-4 days you'd probably see similar behavior.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #15
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
I am able to open them here in VS 2019 but I have no idea what I'm looking for.
I downloaded the zipped up (500MB) one and both VS 2015 and 2019 said file was invalid format (only have 4C/8T CPU).

I don't have any dmp files to try but IIRC... I double click dmp and it opens in VS, then on the right there is option like, Debug with Native Only, click that, then a dialog pops up I click Break, then at top of VS there is combobox (Call Stack?), dropdown that list and the first item in the list is most likely the thing that caused the crash.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #16
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Have you also tested with the latest release version to see if you are having similar crashes? If you make an assertion that this is related to the latest pres you actually need to test that - is it this pre? The last two pres? The latest release as well?

Just saying you are having random crashes doesn't give anyone enough information to try and help, even with crash logs. As users of the dev versions, it's on us to test versions and check regressions. If you don't have the time to do that it might be best to stick with the release version for now (which will also tell you if the behavior is happening in the release).

Generally if you are the only person reporting lots of crashing it is related to 1) specific hardware you are using or 2) third party software. And while the crash logs can maybe point you in the right direction, you should be testing and documenting as much as you can to narrow down the problem a little. My guess in your scenario is that if you ran the release version for 3-4 days you'd probably see similar behavior.
Yes these hangs have happened on the this pre-release and the last 4 pre-releases. I haven't tested the public release yet. I've been trying to get the crashes to happen on a portable installation this week.

I'm doing some research on how to read memory dmp files in the mean time since seems that it's not possible for other machine with lower core counts to open my dmp file. I'll report back once I learn how windows debugging work.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #17
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
I downloaded the zipped up (500MB) one and both VS 2015 and 2019 said file was invalid format (only have 4C/8T CPU).

I don't have any dmp files to try but IIRC... I double click dmp and it opens in VS, then on the right there is option like, Debug with Native Only, click that, then a dialog pops up I click Break, then at top of VS there is combobox (Call Stack?), dropdown that list and the first item in the list is most likely the thing that caused the crash.
Thank you so much for the info. That's super helpful.

It seems that it's not possible to run dmp files on systems with lower core counts than the system it came from. I'll load the dmp file on my computer and report back what the first lines says.

Thanks again!
Old 01-26-2020, 01:43 AM   #18
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post

I was able to run one of the files and VS spit out the following:

"Your app has entered a break state, but there is no code to show because all threads were executing external code (typically system or framework code)."

I believe this means that I need to have the source code for Reaper to be able to see what the first call stack. I know the devs can't release the source code for Reaper.

One thing that did come up under the module section of VS 2019 was 'ntdll.dll' Does that mean that ntdll.dll was the last process to be running besides reaper during the crash?
Old 01-26-2020, 04:08 AM   #19
dtr0q

BUG: default CC shape is ignored, always is square. Doesn't happen in 6.03 stable.
dtr0q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:51 AM   #20
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr0q View Post
BUG: default CC shape is ignored, always is square. Doesn't happen in 6.03 stable.
I am going to guess this is in either the CC0 or CC33-64 lanes. Those lanes have always been forced to square shape, but there is now a preference in the Options > CC/Velocity lane menu to allow non-square shapes in the bank and LSB lanes. We could make the behavior clearer by graying out the context menu options to change the default lane shape for those lanes.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #21
dtr0q

Actually, it was the pitch lane.
EDIT: Yes, the pitch act like those LSB lanes and follows that option.

Last edited by dtr0q; 01-26-2020 at 08:24 AM.
dtr0q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:37 AM   #22
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr0q View Post
Actually, it was the pitch lane.
EDIT: Yes, the pitch act like those LSB lanes and follows that option.
Ah, thanks, fixing.