Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #41
Tedwood
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpulse View Post
is there an option to use 3party impulse files on cabinet section in shred? would be damn great if it's possible...
That's what it says here:

http://www.acmebargig.com/forums/vie...hp?f=82&t=1142
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 AM   #42
gavriloP

Damn, I have only been able to test the first version, it's been too hectic here, but that already put big smile to my face. Of course there were few glitches but it seems later versions are already dealing with those. This will be something special. Can't wait to really dive into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Ken, broken record here. Did you get a chance to do much work or testing around rendering and latency reporting and compensation? I would normally offer to do some testing in this area, but I unfortunately don't have the bandwidth to do that right now. Just wondering if you looked at it.

Thanks dude... and I can't wait to use this once I get a chance to get back into some recording.
I'm not Ken but it occurred to me that because this sim uses cab impulses, they can't be really sample accurate in timing, you know some impulses have longer starts before the peak than others. And even if software tries to match them uniformally, I don't think it is possible to do sample accurate. Also the beginning of the impulse affects the sounds so it shouldn't just be truncated. Now bear in mind that I'm not sure this is the case, I'm only riffing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx
have you considered a saturation /tape type effect at the output as i feel they help smooth the digital brittleness a touch
you no doubt have as i am a guitar numpty - but just something i do to help with that eternal soft-amp problem!
Check out Variety of Sound's (Bootsy) FerricTDS:
http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/
It will make any ampsim sound better. I really liked it after shred, some dynamic reduction on, maybe 50% limiter, SC lowcut adjusted to northeast and saturation at zero. It really smooths sound nicely. And like Shred, it is free too! And the latest version is zero-latency so it will work with record monitoring too. And all tape authenticity aside, what this plugin does is that it seems to smoothen little those exact difficult "fizzy" frequencies that always bring out the worst in digital. It is subtle but cool.
gavriloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #43
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks guys for your time spent on this...
Kindafishy..Yes we have looked very seriously at that and we may build a zero latency convolver for it..We have not done it yet though..

BenK-msx
Yes Quarter has just had another revision to its operating frequency strength, We'll try and tame that one down a bit.

The room adjust, there was a huge amount of work done on that, I will revisit it to see if we forgot to hook something up..Thanks

The Rangemaster..that has been replaced with the UPDRIVE stomp..its basically identical but has a lot more gain..

The Stomps..Yes agreed, but we will probably be coming out with a live version soon..

The tape saturation..Yeah thats a good idea, maybe I'll build it into the Tonal correction...

Yes we have put many many hours into this thing.., In terms of it paying off financially?, I am not sure...Hopefully, in terms of being able to say that we have finally provided free option to the big priced amp sims...I hope so...

tpulse..Yes there is quite an extensive option to add external Cabinet IR files. You have to go in once and select the folders that contain your IR files and Shred will add them to its menu system. Now if the menu Shred creates is not to your liking, its very customizable. I have just finished writing a small tutorial on how to manually customize the menus. Another tester had some issues when he tried to add Recabinet IR files to Shred, Shred makes a mess of the file structure. But it is really easy to organize them once you have them loaded.

Just so you guys know we were not asleep at the wheel on this, I mean we know that there is going to be people with Recabinet and redwires Libraries that will want to use them...I offered to include the Recabinet and Redwire menu structures in Shred, but they never got back to me. The idea was to determine if either or both of them were installed. If they were then Shred would just automatically add them to its menu structure on installation. I don't know why they didn't get back to me, and I did not push the issue, but it would saved their users a lot of time. I would have just added it anyway, but legally we can't. I know its only a menu structure but we would still have to use their name in order to identify what it was...

We never had any plans of getting into the IR Library business, but, a guitar based VST company that does not have its own library and is dependant on other libraries is a bad position to be in. Especially when the existing Cabinet Library companies show NO support for your products. So, we have came up with our own product.

You won't just get the library...Ours will come with its own Cabinet loader, Amp models, Modelled cabs, and IR Wave editor, for about the same price as other libraries. We just won't need IR library support after that...
In fact we have been toying with the idea of releasing it with the purchase of Preampus II
EDIT:
I finally got in touch with Shane from Recabinet, and he has not been getting my emails, and oddly enough, I sent another to support at redwires, and it got returned. So, its not these guys faults, you can't answer to what you don't get! I have our web guy looking into our email system.

Anyways here's the short tutorial on how to get your external Cabinet menus organized...
The External IR loader runs on 2 files contained in the Shred installed folder...mnulist.dat and Paths.dat
mnulist.dat contains all the information that is displayed when you click the Cabinet selection drop down selector, and thats the only file we have to edit. These files are just text files so you open them with Notepad, just be sure to save them as .dat files, not txt.
..Here is the example we'll work with
Brohymn,<<,
4x12 - C414- Off axis - far_dc.wav
4x12 - C414- On axis - near_dc.wav
4x12 - C87- On axis - far.wav
4x12 - C87- On axis - near.wav
4x12 - D20- On axis - far_dc.wav
4x12 - D20- On axis - near_dc.wav
4x12 - D441- Off axis - near_dc.wav
4x12 - D57- On axis - far_dc.wav
4x12 - D57- On axis - near_dc.wav
Brohymn-Mesa-4x12-SM57-V30-4.wav
Brohymn-Mesa-4x12-SM57-V30-5.wav
Brohymn-Mesa-4x12-SM57-V30-6.wav,

We see some IR's made from our friend at Guitar Amp Modeling..Brohymn.

So what we want to do is separate them into categories..
The first entry we see is Brohymn,<<, This denotes a Menu Item..The comma << and comma. So we want to categorize by Mic type, so we need to add, C414, C87, etc..
Here is how to add a sub category/menu item...
Brohymn,<<,
C414,<<,
4x12 - C414- Off axis - far_dc.wav
4x12 - C414- On axis - near_dc.wav,>>
The above adds a C414 Menu item under the Brohym menu. The ",>>" is the closing bracket. Anything lines contained between the <<, and ,>> will be part of the list items for that menu.

Now we add the C87 Menu item
Place this line before the C87 IR Files
C87,<<,
Where you place the closing ,>> will determine what elements are contained in the menu..
so place a ,>> at the end of the C87 list..
You can rename any of the IR files to anything you want without affecting their loading. You can have up to 12 levels of menus...
So..
.One
.....Two
..........Three
...............Four
....................Five
.OneA
.....TwoA
..........ThreeA
.OneB
.....TwoB

ETC..

So, use the internal menu making facility in Shred to get the mnulist.dat and paths.dat files populated, then you only need to go in and add hierarchal categories..
Its actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it..

Let me know how you make out..
KM

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly; 08-03-2010 at 12:48 AM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #44
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks Gavrillo
MK
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #45
tpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedwood View Post
:P life is good
tpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #46
Tedwood

Ken, sorry if I'm late for the party.

RE. brittleness - err on the side of caution. When I played with all the heads I can't say I noticed a lot playing a hum-bucking axe - my norm. If anything, I would say it's the middle that wants tweaking.

I have a feeling that those hearing too much brittleness are using single coils (strats and the like).

What I am hearing is a lack of really useful mids. A strong focused mid can make a world of difference. You know, a nice tight Q that you can sweep between lets say 500 hz - 3 khz.

IMHO the highs and lows can be tamed with pass filters, but the lack of pronounced mids (which account for some the best Brian May, Clapton as well as telecaster twang) could be improved.

All I'm saying is the mids seem a bit wide to me.

Pickups will make an awful lot of difference, so when some one says "it has too much of this", first find out what pups they are using before you change a thing, or you might make it hard to get a great sound with a creamy humbucker.

Your sample sounded very scooped to me, I was surprised at how many people said it was a great tone, It might have sounded good on it's own, but I thought the amount of bass, and lack of mid would make it very hard to place in a mix.

Just my 2 cents
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #47
mse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly View Post
mse
I am gonna roll them back a little more, You have the current build right 1.5X39REV2. Just to be sure..
km
Yes, I have the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedwood View Post
Ken, sorry if I'm late for the party.

RE. brittleness - err on the side of caution. When I played with all the heads I can't say I noticed a lot playing a hum-bucking axe - my norm. If anything, I would say it's the middle that wants tweaking.

I have a feeling that those hearing too much brittleness are using single coils (strats and the like).

What I am hearing is a lack of really useful mids. A strong focused mid can make a world of difference. You know, a nice tight Q that you can sweep between lets say 500 hz - 3 khz.

IMHO the highs and lows can be tamed with pass filters, but the lack of pronounced mids (which account for some the best Brian May, Clapton as well as telecaster twang) could be improved.

All I'm saying is the mids seem a bit wide to me.

Pickups will make an awful lot of difference, so when some one says "it has too much of this", first find out what pups they are using before you change a thing, or you might make it hard to get a great sound with a creamy humbucker.

Your sample sounded very scooped to me, I was surprised at how many people said it was a great tone, It might have sounded good on it's own, but I thought the amount of bass, and lack of mid would make it very hard to place in a mix.

Just my 2 cents
I have to agree. High gain sounds "OK" in Shred, but the clean and the crunch are another universe.
mse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #48
JohnnyMcFly

tedwood:
OK so essentially what we want to see is a little more definition on the mid side of things. Not from a power perspective, but from a Q perspective..OK Well I'll try that for sure...

MSE:
"I have to agree. High gain sounds "OK" in Shred, but the clean and the crunch are another universe."

Please forgive me for being a dumbass..haha, But does that mean you like the Clean and crunch? I have just re-tweaked all of the High gain settings...They are a lot more what you would expect from a High Gain sound now..

Thanks guys for your input..
KM
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #49
mse

Quote:
Please forgive me for being a dumbass..haha, But does that mean you like the Clean and crunch?
That means I like high gain sound and not really enjoyed clean and crunch.

Sorry for confusion. English is not my native tngue. Sometimes it is really difficult to express my self.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #50
JohnnyMcFly

Wow..you are the complete polar opposite of the beta testers. They have been bugging me to get a better high gain sound but leave the clean and crunch..
What are your thoughts on the vintage mode though?
KM
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #51
JohnnyMcFly

Guys is anyone using the full Recabinet impulse set?

As a creature comfort I'm adding a button that will allow you to tell Shred you have Recabinet installed. The Shred 1.5x external cabinet menu will then properly display all the Recabinet impulses and their hierarchy from within the Shred 1.5x external cabinet drop down menus..

I need some others to test this functionality..Here's the instructions..

FIRST STEP...Important...
Open notepad and delete the contents of the mnulist.dat file and the paths.dat file.

1) Select the Use external Cabinet LED button above either the left or right Cabinet.

2)Navigate to the Recabinet folder and Double click to go inside it.

3)Select the "Include subfolders" selection box that appears beside the Add folder button

4) Select add folder

5)Click save and exit.

6)Inside the folder where Shred is installed, delete the mnulist.dat file, and copy the attached "Recabinet mnulist.dat" to it.

7)Rename "Recabinet mnulist.dat" to "mnulist.dat"

8)Go in Shred and click the refresh button located directly beside the select button on the cabinets..

All the Recabinet impulses should now be added to your external Cabinet drop down menus in a Hierarchal fashion...

Note, if you have selected other external cabinet folders you will loose them by taking these steps.

I would also like to include support for Redwire, but I do not have that, As a matter of fact I don't have Recabinet either. We only have this thanks to Jamie Skeen. If any of you have their package let me know I'd like to add a menu option for them too. This is a service to our users that I think will really help them out and make life a little more simple for them..

Thanks everyone, here's the file..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/Shred...%20mnulist.dat

KM
Old 08-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #52
EvilDragon

Great, I use Recabinet, but...

I have renamed all the folders and files to substitute them with real-world names of equipment used!

(But no problems over here, I'm a tweaker so I'll edit my menu list in no time )
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #53
JohnnyMcFly

OK
COOL!
KM
Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #54
Louie

Ken, this is very cool. So far, no problems. It's a great feature. Thanks!!!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #55
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks Louie
Now I just need the redwires cabs added...

Is there any other libraries we should be adding?
KM
Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #56
EvilDragon

Catharsis should be easy. :P
Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #57
jamieskeen

Quote:

As a creature comfort I'm adding a button that will allow you to tell Shred you have Recabinet installed. The Shred 1.5x external cabinet menu will then properly display all the Recabinet impulses and their hierarchy from within the Shred 1.5x external cabinet drop down menus..

Open notepad and delete the contents of the mnulist.dat file and the paths.dat file.

1) Select the Use external Cabinet LED button above either the left or right Cabinet.

3)Select the "Include subfolders" selection box that appears beside the Add folder button

4) Select add folder

5)Click save and exit.

6)Inside the folder where Shred is installed, delete the mnulist.dat file, and copy the attached "Recabinet mnulist.dat" to it.

8)Go in Shred and click the refresh button located directly beside the select button on the cabinets..

All the Recabinet impulses should now be added to your external Cabinet drop down menus in a Hierarchal fashion...

Note, if you have selected other external cabinet folders you will loose them by taking these steps.

I would also like to include support for Redwire, but I do not have that, As a matter of fact I don't have Recabinet either. We only have this thanks to Jamie Skeen. If any of you have their package let me know I'd like to add a menu option for them too. This is a service to our users that I think will really help them out and make life a little more simple for them..

KM
I will give the new file a try. I would like to help out with the redwire ones but the wallet can't take a hit like that!!
jamieskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #58
JohnnyMcFly

Ryan's (Catharsis) files are already added internally ... as are the ToneVamIRe
files..

Jamie..You have already gone above and beyond man! I have emailed them and asked for an NFR copy of their impulse library. I mean I would really like to see redwires users get supported in this as well...I mean its not like I will be using them for any other purpose other than to support their customers, and ours. I will also add a link to their website for anyone who does not own them, they can simply click on the link to go and buy them..Everyone wins..except me, I have to code it..haha

KM
Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #59
mse

Quote:
Wow..you are the complete polar opposite of the beta testers. They have been bugging me to get a better high gain sound but leave the clean and crunch..
What are your thoughts on the vintage mode though?
KM
Ken,

I'm using Redwire impulses for cabinet simulation and I think the difference came from this particular situation.

The Redwire cab's are really big improvement over the sound quality.

For the first time I can hear the variation of my pickup's in any amp sim.

You should try the cab's from Redwire.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #60
JohnnyMcFly

Is your install for redwires a standard install? If so I may want you to make me a file of the folder structure if you have time. I have contacted them about an NFR copy of redwires so that we can support their users in Shred internally. but have not heard back..Hopefully they'll let me know either way.
KM
Old 08-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #61
jamieskeen

The new recab mnulist works fine. you upgraded mine!! much less clutter now
Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #62
JohnnyMcFly

Yeah I added the main headings primarily. Like the main menu item of Recabinet, then everything after it..
KM
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #63
Tedwood

I have recabs too, this is a great addition.

Having had a Look at the mnulist file, I guess it's not too difficult to arrange a Favorites list, if you have lot's of IRs spread across many folders. I can't be dealing with more than a couple of dozen IRs, I just want the ones I can use.

I am thinking to copy my favourites into a folder

Change this part to suit,

Recabinet,<<,

Modern 1.x,<<,

Angora 412,<<,

6L6,<<

delete any from the list that aren't in my Faves folder, and I'm away:

Am I barking up the right tree?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #64
JohnnyMcFly

Yep sure are...All one has to remember is the opening << and closing >>..Which is great if you ever programmed in LISP before..haha

However, Ted, your Paths.dat file must have the same entries as your mnulist. These two files have to correlate.

To go more in depth...
When Shred comes across a << it ignores that as a check mark-able entry. All cabs can be check marked, whereas menus cannot. So, the first cab in the mnulist, must be the first entry in the Paths.dat file.
like wise the second cab in the mnulist must be the second entry in the paths.dat file, etc..

It could get a little confusing when dealing with multiple deletions..

You can always delete the contents of these files and use the select button and reselect just the folders that you want. Then edit the mnulist.dat file. That way all checkmark items and paths to them will be correlated..That would probably be the easiest thing to do..

However, when adding folders, remember that you have to be inside the folder you want to add. Just selecting it is not enough...you have to double click and go inside it, then click add folder..

If you have any trouble Ted let me know and I'll try and help further..
KM

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly; 08-02-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #65
Tedwood

Thanks a lot Ken

I don't get it straight off the bat, so maybe when I put my faves in a folder I could show you the tree and you can put me right, I think I'll understand it well enough for my usage after that.

for simplicity (only six impulses in three subfolders), I have a folder named "Faves" and had some sub-folders like: Vox, Halfstack and Bass, my tree might look like:

Drive letter/Impulses/Faves/ - followed by Vox, Half stack, or Bass.

Then if I had only 2 impulses in each sub-folder (named near and far) I would have paths like:

Drive letter/Impulses/Faves/Vox/ - Near ; Far

Drive letter/Impulses/Faves/Halfstack/ - Near ; Far

Drive letter/Impulses/Faves/Bass/ - Near ; Far

I also need a header, if that is the right word that starts with something like:

Faves.<<.
Vox.<<.
Halfstack.<<.
Bass.<<.

.......and this text is followed by lines of text including the names of the IR's, and you use a "divider" between the subfolders no?

sorry to be such a pest a dumbass, but what would my mnulist look like - or have I completely misunderstood?

- I hope this may help others too

Last edited by Tedwood; 08-02-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Tedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #66
JohnnyMcFly

Ted you're not a dumbass...And I have absolutely no trouble answering any questions, even if you ask a gazillion times..so, don't worry man, just ask away..

Here is your mnulist.dat file for the above question...
Faves,<<,
VOX,<<,
Impulse Response 1 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 2 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 3 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 4 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 5 in Paths.dat,>>
Halfstack,<<,
Impulse Response 6 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 7 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 8 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 9 in Paths.dat,>>
Bass,<<,
Impulse Response 10 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 11 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 12 in Paths.dat
Impulse Response 13 in Paths.dat,>>,>>,>>

You're right this will clearly show the relationship between Paths.dat and mnulist.dat..

If you note, each IR file appears sequentially in the paths.dat file, independant of how many menus or levels there is. You could have 17 lines of menu before you get to the first IR entry in mnulist.dat and Shred will still look for the first entry in paths.dat.. So in other words, these files are not aligned line by line...Its as if the menu code does not exist to Shred. By menu code I mean the <<,>> and related headings.

So in this case your paths.dat file will look like this..
C:\Impulses\Faves\Vox\Impulse Response 1.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Vox\Impulse Response 2.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Vox\Impulse Response 3.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Vox\Impulse Response 4.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Vox\Impulse Response 5.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Halfstack\Impulse Response 6.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Halfstack\Impulse Response 7.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Halfstack\Impulse Response 8.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Halfstack\Impulse Response 9.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Bass\Impulse Response 10.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Bass\Impulse Response 11.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Bass\Impulse Response 12.Wav
C:\Impulses\Faves\Bass\Impulse Response 13.Wav

Also note, the paths to files in the Paths.dat does not need to follow the same hierarchy as as the entries in mnulist.dat..You could point to anywhere you like... So say for example the first 4 IR files in the VOX menu are all in different folders...
C:\IRLIB\212\Impulse Response 1.Wav
C:\FENDER\OPENBACK\LIKE\Impulse Response 2.Wav
C:\MARSHALL\Implulse\4X12\MODERN\JCM\Impulse Response 3.Wav
C:\GIBSON\GA77\THUNDER\Impulse Response 4.Wav

This Paths.dat would also be valid. The entries in paths.dat can point to anywhere you want. Just an FYI, and I shouldn't be letting the cat out the bag here, but, the Reaper community holds a special place for me, and I just can't keep a secret from you guys..
We will also be adding web interaction to this menu system, so, in the next version you will be able to point it to a URL as well..Which will be part of our own IR library, as new impulses come out, your mnulist.dat and paths.dat files will be updated with the new IR lib entries..There will be 2 options, load it directly from the web, or download and install..This will all be very seamless and because the sizes are so small, even on a slow connection it will be really fast.

Well thats the plan, things could change though as you know..

Hope that helps...
KM
Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #67
JohnnyMcFly

Guys I have updated the beta release to 1.5x40PB...
This includes the rollout of presets
New and finalized graphics
and a whole bunch o bug slaying
KM
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #68
jamieskeen

Sounds great Ken, downloading now.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #69
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieskeen View Post
Sounds great Ken, downloading now.
Shouldn't the right order be:

"Downloading now...

SOUNDS GREAT KEN!"

Old 08-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #70
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks Jamie..
You too evil dragon
KM
Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #71
flmb1967

Quote:

4) Select add folder

5)Click save and exit.

KM
I'm testing Shred 1.5x40 PG with Recabinet, and I must say: it's amazing!!!!! My only concern is that I can't use it live, because it has a delay when changing presets that makes it impossible to use on stage ... But the tones are trully fantastic!!!
flmb1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #72
JohnnyMcFly

Well to address the live situation, we're going to take out all the on the fly build stuff and just allow you to load your custom heads. We have not tested this concept yet, but, we're thinking that in versions 2 you will build the head you want and save it, then when Shred live(we'll call it that for now) loads the head, it does not have any thinking to do, it will just load the head...

That should cut down the amount of time it takes to load a preset...Besides you never know, as I work with this code, sometimes, most times, I find that I have done something really stupid and once I fix that a lot of stuff just starts working..

KM
Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #73
JohnnyMcFly

OK Guys, we're getting to the end of the Head shaping part of development..So, its time to get your final requests in for tonal changes to the heads...Its been kinda quiet so I assume that the you are happy with the latest build 1.5x40 PB

edit:
New beta released August 6, 2010..1.5x40Rev2

Thanks
KM

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly; 08-06-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #74
JohnnyMcFly

Default Shred beta updated August 7, 2010

Guys I have just updated the Shred 1.5x beta to version 1.5x40Rev3
KM
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #75
keys

crikey! I cant keep up!

'skulljob' - simply awesome sound! thanks
keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #76
JohnnyMcFly

haha The time is short to release. I am going to release this to all the forums very soon too. I just wanted to get a really solid beta out before we do that..
KM
Old 08-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #77
Tedwood

It's brilliant Ken, I haven't encountered any major probs

I see now I can save a preset, then move it to Favourites, which is great. However it does "move" it, I think it should copy it, but it's no major gripe, just that the favourites bank could get big, and it would be easier if you just delete what you aren't using, but still have them in the original folders

Did you know that if I save a preset and input my name and email etc, when I choose it from the bank it loads first saying:

teFloat0.000000 for my name, and similar buffoonery for my email, and description, until I click on them - then it comes up right - bug or not?

I'm getting some fine full-bodied clean tones from this, the distorted tones are even better than before, and nothing is tooo over the top for me. I just h avent had time to try doing everything, but everything I have tried works as it should, and what's more it sounds unbelievable. When an amp sim inspires you to work/play/write, you know you got it right. Thanks dude

PS, PM for you

Last edited by Tedwood; 08-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Tedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #78
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks Ted, we have worked tirelessly on that Tone...Not even kidding...
We went through
-7 tonestack designs
-6 tube code changes
-5 Convolution engines
-3 Preset Engines
-2 Modelled Cab engines..
-4 Cab Dynamics engines
The list just goes on and on, and the whole time we watched the CPU like hawks, which I hope shows...

We spent a whole lot of time on the creature comforts too, a lot of which have been either suspended or removed due to complexity..Some have yet to be finished, for example the select folders interface for the Cabinet menus, that will be greatly improved after the release. You will not ever need to open the mnulist.dat file...

Anyways, as I said in the PM, Thanks for your support man, and everyone else' too, sometimes through this whole 2 year process, its been the support of this community and a few others on the web that have kept us going, and that I am not joking about..

I mean you guys have provided us with guidance, support, help, and sometimes, just a place for me to rant and get away with it...So, for all of that, Thank you.
KM
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #79
JohnnyMcFly

I just thought I'd share this with you...
This is one of the web ads for Shred 1.5x

Head Artwork done by Amit Talwar and Manwelo Sitoy
KM
Old 08-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #80
Fabian

Quote:
I just thought I'd share this with you...
This is one of the web ads for Shred 1.5x
Kool... (he said with awe in his voice), seriously kool...