Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #41
Deelanee
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt won't load anymore

Hello all, I've run into a problem when loading OTR and would love some input.
Kontakt 5 won't unexpectedly load anymore in the projects I have created.

Reaper message says there was a problem and that it keeps configuration.

I tried locating the .dll and adding it again to the vst scan and I also double-checked if it had something to do with my changing the Kontakt outputs in regular Reaper, still doesn't work.

I ended up re-creating the project in regular Reaper to finish it, but I want to fix this for future projects.

Any idea what's going on?
Thanks
Old 09-01-2019, 07:08 AM   #42
composerguy78

Default Track packs?

Is anyone out there using OTR with Reaticulate?

I was wondering if we could share some track configurations ?

I am about to dive in and set up a bunch of libraries which are not available in the trackpacks and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for doing this? Or perhaps somebody has some pre-configured tracks for (VSL special edition , Symphobia, cineperc, LASS and cinebrass to name a few.

I’m hosting my libraries in VE Pro 6 btw.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I’m looking forward to getting into using and setting up OTR. i think it looks amazing!

Felix
composerguy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:07 AM   #43
Tobbe

For some reason I lost the actions in MIDI editor on these buttons:

Anyone know what the script/s is called for those buttons? I copied all scripts from the original install, but that didn't fixed it. I even installed everything missing from ReaPack by Julian Sader.

OTR is working as expected really brilliant i Reaper For Linux I might add.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #44
composerguy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post

Anyone know what the script/s is called for those buttons? I copied all scripts from the original install, but that didn't fixed it. I even installed everything missing from ReaPack by Julian Sader.

I would suggest posting this in the general forum as I doubt this is an "OTR specific" issue.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:53 AM   #45
composerguy78

Does anyone know how to set up the toolbar tabs in the way that it is in OTR?
See this attachment:
https://i.imgur.com/7pMPahV.jpg

I would like to be able to set this up in my non-OTR templates!
Old 01-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #46
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by composerguy78 View Post
Does anyone know how to set up the toolbar tabs in the way that it is in OTR?
See this attachment:
https://i.imgur.com/7pMPahV.jpg

I would like to be able to set this up in my non-OTR templates!
If you are looking for just the visual layout for it, then you would create a new floating toolbar. Right click then choose Position Toolbar -> In Toolbar Docker. All of the buttons simply use a double width text icon within the menu editor.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #47
storyteller

Quote:

For some reason I did not see the updates to this thread from before. Did you get this resolved?
Old 01-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #48
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
For some reason I did not see the updates to this thread from before. Did you get this resolved?
Everything is ok. You helped me via mail. Thanks again.

Last edited by Tobbe; 01-23-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Tobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #49
composerguy78

Quote:
If you are looking for just the visual layout for it, then you would create a new floating toolbar. Right click then choose Position Toolbar -> In Toolbar Docker. All of the buttons simply use a double width text icon within the menu editor.
thank you very much! Is there any way to get those nice pretty tabs you have in OTR?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #50
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by composerguy78 View Post
thank you very much! Is there any way to get those nice pretty tabs you have in OTR?
Each time you add additional menu bars to the Toolbar Docker, then it should tab them out automatically. Hope this helps ya out!
Old 01-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #51
carbon

Wondering if the OTR can be useful if you don't do orchestral music?
Perhaps to get some new workflow ideas and scripts, toolbars.

Could it be easily cut down for band context work - multi-mic drum VST, live instruments, synth VST-s, Reaktor ensembles, FX etc (25 to 50) tracks?

The new pricing has gotten me curious.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #52
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Wondering if the OTR can be useful if you don't do orchestral music?
Perhaps to get some new workflow ideas and scripts, toolbars.

Could it be easily cut down for band context work - multi-mic drum VST, live instruments, synth VST-s, Reaktor ensembles, FX etc (25 to 50) tracks?

The new pricing has gotten me curious.
Yep! I use it for a variety of music projects. I personally enjoy doing full production tracks for pop/rock/country in addition to orchestral music... so you can rest assured it works just fine for that. I'm not sure if I included my personal pop/rock base template in the last update, but I will include it in a future update for sure. Regardless, that template is just a more streamlined template of the larger template. But in the interim, you can go ahead and hide the parts of the template you don't need, to keep your workspace uncluttered.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #53
carbon

Quote:
Yep! I use it for a variety of music projects.
Cool! Does it work also with Reaper 6 and is it tied to a specific (default) theme or are the changes in track state appearance just track icons?
Old 01-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #54
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Cool! Does it work also with Reaper 6 and is it tied to a specific (default) theme or are the changes in track state appearance just track icons?
You can use other themes with varying degrees of success. Since OTR uses long text names for the tracks, some themes with truncates text fields may be more difficult to read. OTR uses a modified stock Reaper theme and a modified FRXST theme. You can choose which one you want to use and they will both have full functionality.

As for Reaper 6, I haven't finished my testing with it yet, but it should support it fully in the coming weeks.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:58 PM   #55
idragosani

Quote:
You can use other themes with varying degrees of success. Since OTR uses long text names for the tracks, some themes with truncates text fields may be more difficult to read. OTR uses a modified stock Reaper theme and a modified FRXST theme. You can choose which one you want to use and they will both have full functionality.

As for Reaper 6, I haven't finished my testing with it yet, but it should support it fully in the coming weeks.
I've been using OTR with Reaper 6 for several weeks now, have not run into any issues at all. The new MIDI features in v6 work seamlessly, including the new CC envelopes.

What we really need is a way to make presets for MIDI filters and be able to recall those with a keyboard shortcut, like you can with Cubase's Logical Editor.

FYI, I am using OTR for a master's degree in Film Scoring at Berklee. The instructor for a MIDI mockup class I am taking this term is impressed with the templating features OTR provides. Thankfully Reaper is one of the "approved" DAWs for the class (along with PT, Cubase, Logic X and DP).
idragosani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:43 PM   #56
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by idragosani View Post
I've been using OTR with Reaper 6 for several weeks now, have not run into any issues at all. The new MIDI features in v6 work seamlessly, including the new CC envelopes.

What we really need is a way to make presets for MIDI filters and be able to recall those with a keyboard shortcut, like you can with Cubase's Logical Editor.

FYI, I am using OTR for a master's degree in Film Scoring at Berklee. The instructor for a MIDI mockup class I am taking this term is impressed with the templating features OTR provides. Thankfully Reaper is one of the "approved" DAWs for the class (along with PT, Cubase, Logic X and DP).
So great to hear! I’ll be updating OTR soon with the latest Reaper & SWS etc. Thank you so much for the feedback on it! Let me know if you ever need any assistance with it. I’d also be happy to speak with your professor should he have any questions about OTR as well.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:09 PM   #57
tallsamurai

Quote:
Just to let every Linux user know that OTR is working flawless. I've watched all the videos and starting to understand the concept. It's brilliant. Some videos I need to see twice so I dont miss anything important.

I installed a new copy of Reaper in a new directory named reaper_otr and copied over everything from OTR extracted folder. Created a new entry in the meny and now I have both. Maybe I delete the original in the future but for now, I have both.

Thanks Storyteller for all the work and awesome concept/workflow. It's time to practice and create my own Trackpacks. I dont have Kontakt and zillions of libraries so I use SSO and VPO and other free instruments.

10 out 10 (thumbs Up)
Any chance you could into the steps for doing this? I am new to Linux (running on manjaro and KDE Plasma) and struggling to see where the folder is and where should I move the files to. I think I have found the folder where Reaper is installed, but does not contain the same tree structure with the windows and mac versions.

I would imagine that knowing how to do this would be quite helpful to other 'linuxists' in my same shoes.

Thanks.
tallsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #58
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsamurai View Post
Any chance you could into the steps for doing this? I am new to Linux (running on manjaro and KDE Plasma) and struggling to see where the folder is and where should I move the files to. I think I have found the folder where Reaper is installed, but does not contain the same tree structure with the windows and mac versions.

I would imagine that knowing how to do this would be quite helpful to other 'linuxists' in my same shoes.

Thanks.
I installed Reaper via install-reaper.sh. When you start Reaper for the first time it creates REAPER folder in /.config folder. You have press Ctrl+h to see hidden folders.Then I extracted OTR zip file and removed everything that used by Windows. Exe files and dll files.

Copy the folder and paste it in /.config

To swich between I rename the default folder to Reaper_1 and name OTR folder to Reaper. So now I can load Reaper/OTR in the main menu. If I wanna start default Reaper I just rename the folders in /.config. Thats it I think.

Oh, I copied User Plugin folder and my license file to newly created Reaper_OTR folder.