Old 01-24-2020, 04:20 AM   #1
ClassicMan
Human being with feelings

Default RealGuitar Chord Patterns Selections

Using RealGuitar in Reaper, how can I create a track of various chord patterns from the RealGuitar patterns?

I have searched the forums and online and found a few links but didn't help in my case.

I was able to do this in Sonar with ease simply by dragging a pattern onto my MIDI track I had prepared with a basic chord sequence. This approach doesn't work for me in Reaper.

I have RealGuitar open in Reaper and it does play a pattern from my chords MIDI track but only one pattern at a time. I would really appreciate any help with setting up tracks to play a selection of patterns.

Thanks
ClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
ClassicMan

Ok, I have a workaround using multiple instances of RealGuitar.

Each instance has it's own rhythm patern so I can mix and match the patterns as I want.

I still believe there must be a way to use just one instance of RealGuitar but having spent hours of searching and trying different things it still evades me.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
lunker

You can definitely do what you want with one instance of RealGuitar.

I personally don't use chord mode, so I'm probably not the best one to debug your problem. (I prefer Solo mode, and write all the MIDI events explicitly, even if it's just strumming chords.)

But I recall from my early days playing around with RealGuitar that I was able to drag/drop chord patterns from the pattern player/manager into a Reaper MIDI track. Not sure why it's giving you a problem, but I can test it when I get home from work tonight.

As an alternative, you can drag/drop the patterns from the directory on disk (I think it is called "Loops", and is in the RealGuitar installation directory). I know that works, because I was just playing with it last weekend (even though I don't use Chord mode, I sometimes load a pattern to dissect/translate it into Solo mode). I have that directory set up as a shortcut in a Reaper project bay so that I can get to it quickly, but I think you should also be able to drag/drop pattern files directly from the Windows Explorer (or whatever the equivalent is if you're not using Windows).

Last edited by lunker; 01-24-2020 at 09:26 AM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
ClassicMan

Thanks for replying Lunker.

I am able to drag the patterns from the RealGuitar interface onto a track.

The problem is that RealGuitar will only play the pattern showing in its interface and not the selection I have in a track.

I've spent hours on this and it seems that I've tried everything but I know there one thing I'm missing somewhewre.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:16 AM   #5
lunker

Oh ... sorry ... I misunderstood.

Does unloading the pattern from the pattern player make it work?

I know RealGuitar can do what you want ... but I haven't used Chord mode in years.

You might get a better answer over at the RealGuitar forum.

Last edited by lunker; 01-24-2020 at 10:22 AM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
Rea5

I believe you need to enable the "Track" button in the "Pattern" tab of RealGuitar when you are working with a DAW like Reaper.

I don't have RealGuitar but I am using RealLPC v5.0.0.7465 and others and I can drag and drop patterns to Reaper. Then enable the Track button.
I believe it is the same for the Song tab that you enable the "Track" button to have the DAW play.

Let me know if this helps or if it does not help.
Rea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #7
Rea5

I forgot to mention it but I assume you have a pattern and a trigger note for the pattern.
Attached Images
File Type: png MusicLab Pattern and Note.PNG (18.4 KB, 131 views)
Rea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:50 AM   #8
ClassicMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea5 View Post
I believe you need to enable the "Track" button in the "Pattern" tab of RealGuitar when you are working with a DAW like Reaper.

I don't have RealGuitar but I am using RealLPC v5.0.0.7465 and others and I can drag and drop patterns to Reaper. Then enable the Track button.
I believe it is the same for the Song tab that you enable the "Track" button to have the DAW play.

Let me know if this helps or if it does not help.
Thanks for replying Rhea. Enabling that 'Track' button did the job .. that was the missing link.

RealGuitar is playing beautifully with Reaper now, much better and easier than it ever was in sonar.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #9
MusoBob

Here's a video showing RealGuitar following the Chord track in Reaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKFQ0c2K1Ss

MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote