Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #41
Arthur
Human being with feelings

Dear devs, sorry for repeating my request , but if it’s not difficult for you, please pay attention to this :

When saving a project, the Reaper does not preserve the visibility of tracks in the TSP (as they were in the project before saving).
In version 5, visibility was preserved (if a track was selected, after reopening a saved project, the selected track was displayed at the very bottom in TCP), it somehow helped.
In the 6th version, visibility is not preserved in any way.
Please , if not difficult , fix this ...

WIN7_x64
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #42
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
In version 5, visibility was preserved (if a track was selected, after reopening a saved project, the selected track was displayed at the very bottom in TCP), it somehow helped.
In the 6th version, visibility is not preserved in any way.
I don't think REAPER works that way, if it does it must be an option I'm unaware of. AFAIK when you load a project REAPER is supposed to restore the vertical, horizontal and zoom positions of when you last saved the project (doesn't matter what track(s) are selected) , but the vertical position is buggy, and still broken in v6, (IIRC workaround is to move vert scrolbar a bit with mouse just before saving the project).
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:46 AM   #43
Soli Deo Gloria

There is a weird behaviour in the Notation Editor. While it doesn´t belong to this dev release, allow me to post this here please, since it creates a great deal of visual problems while composing and I´m sure that it must have appeared rather recently (I haven´t tested with a plethora of previous versions, but I´m sure this didn´t happen in the past).

Take a look :

The items´edges are placed after the first ½ beat of measure 39 (with a 4/2 division). Now, if you open the MIDI Editor in its Piano Roll view, everything is still fine :

But…the problem arises with the Notation Editor :

This is simple but annoying : in the Notation Editor, items´edges are only shown at the beginning/end of measures, no matter where the real edges are placed. You can see it clearly above; there is an edge at the beginning of measure 39 and another one at the end of the same measure, both of which don´t exist in the arrange view. This is plainly wrong and it already creates a lot of problems when composing with different items in the same track.

In fact, you cannot even move the edges inside the Notation Editor by the grid division; movements are limited to jump from measure to measure.

Please devs, I hope you can tackle this in a breeze…

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Soli Deo Gloria; 01-16-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #44
gaiamuse

Hi Devs,

Sorry, but this issue is still occurring in 6.03. Could you please take a look at this thread?

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=230089

Arturia Keylab Essential 61 not showing presets on Controller display. It worked in 5.99 before I upgraded.
Win 10 x64

cheers,
gaiamuse
gaiamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #45
Ozman

For some reason, I'm having to keep going to Metronome settings and enable Count-in before recording.

If I save a project that has it enabled, and then open again, the setting is disabled.

Actually, I"m having to re-enable it after every track recording as well.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #46
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
For some reason, I'm having to keep going to Metronome settings and enable Count-in before recording.

If I save a project that has it enabled, and then open again, the setting is disabled.

Actually, I"m having to re-enable it after every track recording as well.
Possible UserPlugin ?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....71#post2231471
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:01 AM   #47
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Yes, that user plugin resets the record count-in.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote