Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-21-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
rlgiht
Human being with feelings

Default Can't automate the operation of cleaning up the project directory?

hello.
Currently, cleaning up the project directory requires two actions: manually selecting an unused item and pressing the execute button. Yes, these would be safer ways.
But I want to automate this, without opening a dialog window.
How do I automatically delete files that are not assigned to a track?
Specifically, I want to assign the project directory automatic cleanup to a macro key.
Also, I want to do it automatically when saving. Do I need a script to do this?
rlgiht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Open Project Bay and turn of the option to automatically retain media when removed from the project. Also do this for your default project (if you use one) and save it to ensure it's the case for all future projects.

If you want to archive your finished project:
Glue/bounce/'trim to active take' for all your tracks to get rid of unused take references and trimmed media. Save as a new file in a new directory and while doing this check the option to move the media. Now you can delete the old folder and it's contents (nothing there is referenced by the final version).

Keep in mind that some plugins may reference files outside the project folder and Reaper cannot know about this. In this case, what I said above isn't true; there may still be file references from e.g. samplers.

Basically the bad news is that you always have to do stuff like this carefully and manually because there are many variables, which is why it's not easy to automate.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:28 PM   #3
rlgiht

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Open Project Bay and turn of the option to automatically retain media when removed from the project. Also do this for your default project (if you use one) and save it to ensure it's the case for all future projects.
thanks. A bit strange. In the reaper I use, the project bay was opened with action list> project bay window> on.
I checked option> automaticly ..
but the file remains in the project directory even if I deleted the track. Is it because of linux?
This test audio file checks that nothing is used in the sampler or anyway.
I didn't think this was such a complex thing. so just finding it difficult to automate would be very helpful, thank you.
rlgiht is offline   Reply With Quote