Old 12-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Default Toggle all plugin PDC per track

Request:
A toggle action is needed to quickly optimize a track for low-latency monitoring or synced playback of recordings on the fly.

Why: If you're live monitoring in Reaper, but will also do recording with the track, it's very tedious and time consuming to enter each plugin pin settings and manually toggle PDC (that's 5 mouse clicks per plugin) for each situation.

Wishful thinking: Even better if it would be automatic. I don't think most musicians are aware of PDC or the impact it has on one's playing.

PDC could be disabled when stopped or recording for armed & monitored tracks and enabled during playback maybe?

Kind of amazed I couldn't find any previous FR for this...

Last edited by foxAsteria; 01-16-2020 at 12:24 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
SubbaseDnB

Totally agree a big +1
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
foxAsteria

Rapidly becoming my #1 wish for Reaper...
Old 11-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
en5ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Request:
A toggle action is needed to quickly optimize a track for low-latency monitoring or synced playback of recordings on the fly.

Why: If you're live monitoring in Reaper, but will also do recording with the track, it's very tedious and time consuming to enter each plugin pin settings and manually toggle PDC (that's 5 mouse clicks per plugin) for each situation.

Wishful thinking: Even better if it would be automatic. I don't think most musicians are aware of PDC or the impact it has on one's playing.

PDC could be disabled when stopped or recording for armed & monitored tracks and enabled during playback maybe?

Kind of amazed I couldn't find any previous FR for this...
If I understood correctly, you would like to both record and monitor through Reaper? Musicians should get the lowest possible latency, but the engineer should hear the 'final' sound with all the processing?

Why not create separate tracks without master send, which only monitor the inputs, and are directly sent to monitoring hardware outputs?

Then do the actual recordings and control room monitoring on separate main tracks (you can use same inputs for recording), with all the processing and more complex routing you need, and this can be monitored (all tracks in sync) in the control room dispite the greater latency.

In other words, create separate monitoring tracks with only direct sends to monitoring hardware outputs. You can then basically create discrete monitoring mixes with the Reaper software without having to compromise the control room sound. During sound check, you can also add direct output sends to control room monitoring outputs (bypassing Reaper Master Track), to monitor the monitor mix from control room. Just mute or 'faders down' for these sends once sound check is done.

Other solution is to use Low Latency Monitoring, for which I've made a script. It automatically disables and restores latency inducing plugins from input monitored signal chains.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=245445
en5ca is offline   Reply With Quote