Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #81
jeffersonhills
Human being with feelings

Default meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltarian View Post
that's the whole point. that's why it's a game changer. it's like... 1/5th of the cost of any other console with that much functionality.
For the extra 500 you can get a Presonus... Much better. Plus, Presonus is made in the states where you can actually get awesome support almost literally one state over from guys who actually use the gear daily.

If you need more than 24 channels, you won't be worried about a price tag, IMHO.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #82
jeffersonhills

if Presonus made a 24ch for $3K(no automation) and Behr made a 32ch for $2,500(with automation).... I'll wait and drop the extra $1,500 on the Pre-32 with no automation.

Presonus had to answer that question about no automation and the reply was along the lines of "autofaders would jack the price up another $500 to $1000"... SO, that left me wondering, "How did Behringer make a bigger board with autofaders?"

Answer - they skimped on quality of something. You'll all find out in a couple years if not sooner where exactly they skimped. Until then, I'm sure it will sound just as good as the rest, but when it goes, it's gonna go BIG.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #83
Faderjockey

Guess nothing wrong thinking that way..
But I know 2 people that got rid of their Presonus for X32.
The one guys band had a 16ch presonus then a 24ch..both had fader failures and they had to be replaced 2 different times he said..But he did like the boards.

But when he was going to upgrade to the 32 he decided to look into the X32 and the digital snakes got a good deal.. over the Presonus (which I hooked him up with the rep on and he was getting them at cost) he still took the X32 and said he thought it sounded great live.. and has had zero trouble the last year so far..

I've only used one once on a gig for FOH.. I don't like the idea of the digital boards in studio..but love them live for recalls and such.. It sounded great and the iPad app was easy to use..I got around on the app better/faster the the Yamaha one for LS9's
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #84
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
All I can say is use what you like. The only other thing I'll say is no company has the market cornered on how to violate the laws of physics when it comes to manufacturing costs, quality of materials and R&D. The missing money is accounted for somewhere and Behringer is or at least was famous for doing so by trying to hide it in the gear itself (somewhere).

Again, I haven't sold or used that board and haven't sold gear in MI for 10 years now.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-29-2013 at 12:10 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #85
Andy Hamm

I'm not a big Behringer fan or anything, but it's a way better product that any of the Presonus Consoles that I've mixed on. The Presonus aren't terrible, but it's not hard to see that they skimped on the interface - it's one of the worst digital consoles in this aspect that I've ever seen, and I've owned a few since the DMP7.

I have a few x32's at my disposal, and they aren't the be-all end all, but they are definitely the new standard in low end digital consoles.

Live x32 recordings

These were all recorded at one of my house gigs, as I have one at every one of them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
But I know 2 people that got rid of their Presonus for X32.
The one guys band had a 16ch presonus then a 24ch..both had fader failures and they had to be replaced 2 different times he said..But he did like the boards.

But when he was going to upgrade to the 32 he decided to look into the X32 and the digital snakes got a good deal.. over the Presonus (which I hooked him up with the rep on and he was getting them at cost) he still took the X32 and said he thought it sounded great live.. and has had zero trouble the last year so far..

I've only used one once on a gig for FOH.. I don't like the idea of the digital boards in studio..but love them live for recalls and such.. It sounded great and the iPad app was easy to use..I got around on the app better/faster the the Yamaha one for LS9's
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote