Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #121
nolman
Human being with feelings

i'm a complete coding noob, so i probably shouldn't be trying all this

I got the last rte3 update,
i added the extra code.
created a textfield called TRACK_1_LABEL
The script for my recarm button = SEND.STRING("", "/_/SET/TRACK/1/RECARM/-1;TRACK/1;TRANSPORT;", 0);

Did i forget something or did something wrong?
i'm not getting the trackname.Recarm is still working.

i get this error when i check the html with chrome:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'contentDocument' of null
parseDataindex.html:195
client_replyindex.html:140
client.onreadystatechangeindex.html:114
nolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #122
johnrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman View Post
i'm a complete coding noob, so i probably shouldn't be trying all this

I got the last rte3 update,
i added the extra code.
created a textfield called TRACK_1_LABEL
The script for my recarm button = SEND.STRING("", "/_/SET/TRACK/1/RECARM/-1;TRACK/1;TRANSPORT;", 0);

Did i forget something or did something wrong?
i'm not getting the trackname.Recarm is still working.

i get this error when i check the html with chrome:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'contentDocument' of null
parseDataindex.html:195
client_replyindex.html:140
client.onreadystatechangeindex.html:114
Sorry that took so long...I was testing this.

Your string is correct, I did not have the updater updated yet!

The direct link to the updater you need is here:

RTE3 update

I tested your string, and it works...for one track. I also tested sending "/_/TRACK;TRANSPORT;" which returns all track information (notice that there is no track number). Everything updated in one shot...pretty cool!.

There was a problem with getting page object references and object references in iFrames (that was the "contentDocument" error you mentioned). I put more buffering in and cleaned things up, and it seems to be working better now. I tested in FireFox, Safari, and Explorer but I do not have Chrome installed.
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #123
nolman

Thanks for updating so fast!
hope i'm not keeping you from more important stuff
did a quick test and it's all working perfectly! (in chrome)

will try some more stuff tomorrow...

Last edited by nolman; 04-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #124
ripgtr

Default Got KB to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftoid View Post
Yea, I had been referencing something similiar -
http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatut...criptkey.shtml

I dinked with it. I could get it to do the alert. I just wasn't sure how to format what I needed. So I kept playing with it, and got this -

function stopreaper(){
wwr_req(40667)
}
document.onkeypress=stopreaper

I am guessing that since the wwr_req is already defined it just piggy backs on that. This is what the buttons are calling, from what I can read from the body of the page and now, I can get the keyboard to react. Now I have to fiquare out how to get each function to only react to one key and then do the command. I see some stuff on that, so I will play with this some more.

I wonder if there is a way to pass all keyboard function to Reaper so the shortcuts as they are defined in Reaper work through the javascript? that would be cool.
ripgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #125
nolman

little update:

Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #126
johnrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman View Post
little update:
I was hoping you would post and update...cool!

Are you using that from an "i" device or similar? I was not able to use sliders or dials from my iPod because of the touch logic (the screen just slides around). I was hoping that a different device (or newer) works...it does work fine on my regular touch screens of course.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #127
nolman

I'm using a HTC Desire so i have the same problem with the touchlogic.
an SWS: nudge metronome volume up/down action would work great...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #128
PeeWee

Oh my gawd! Watch my pale face!

When I read this threat, I fell into trance and got a vision:

I see ... What I see is ... I see a main computer connected with two or three big screens showing the Transport Control and open Plugins and so on, on the main bridge.
In the console table are six or eight iPads or somewhat like this framed in, some of them show the Mixer Control Panel, lets say 8 or 16 Faders per screen. The other iPads show things like routing or knobs to switch whatever I want. All is touchable and fadeable and whateverable and runs my latest 92 channel project.

I see ... What's that??? ... Oh, now ... Quincy Jones comes in and says "Yo PeeWee, I've got some trouble with my ProTools stuff, wanna help me?".
And I say "Meh, you drive me nuts, when the heck you finally will ride a real DAW?"

Can this come true? Ok, Ok, let's except Quincy Jones. But the rest? Is it going in this direction? That could be so cool, I guess! Now I can't sleep never more! I order some iPads already.

PeeWee
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #129
Youn

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrule View Post
I was hoping you would post and update...cool!

Are you using that from an "i" device or similar? I was not able to use sliders or dials from my iPod because of the touch logic (the screen just slides around). I was hoping that a different device (or newer) works...it does work fine on my regular touch screens of course.
Some special javscripting is required to make the sliders work on ipad/itouch/etc... to avoid it thinking you want to scroll the page and not the element. I've developed such interfaces, so I know it's not an impossibility. Just fyi, and cool work guys
Youn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #130
nolman

http://code.ovidiu.ch/dragdealer/

Would this be a solution for the sliders ?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #131
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to make an html layout that consists of just the Transports of each opened project, and as new project tabs are added in reaper then new Transports get added to the html layout ? Also a button that would act as a toggle so that in one button state all the Tports work independently and in the other toggle state all of the Tports are linked.

All of the Tports should be visible at once. I am specifically interested in having control of multiple/tabbed projects "Tempo" and "Play rate."

If anyone could code me up an example that would be GREAT !!!

Thank You

Bump-a-de-Bump..., Anyone ? Is any of this possible ?
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #132
johnrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youn View Post
Some special javscripting is required to make the sliders work on ipad/itouch/etc...
Special indeed.

I should have sliders and dials working soon for "i" devices using the RTE3.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #133
babyjaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrule View Post
Special indeed.

I should have sliders and dials working soon for "i" devices using the RTE3.
that would be awsome!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #134
BenK-msx

Default Random question about this and MIDI..

seeing as this fab plugin is sending out lots of realtime info about what reaper is upto - would it be technically viable to add the option or to have an additional similar plugin where a user can configure which & where those realtime reaper feedback messages get sent to, but via midi/sysex for example?

therefore creating a user configurable control surface feedback plugin of sorts...

for example i have a midi controller with buttons that light up, and i'd like them to light up when X happens, or when a toolbar button is lit.

i envisage an additional midi map script thing where you say,

"ok, send this element's state or value to midi port x channel 1 cc12. or if the state changes spit out sysex 'blah...' "

is this total bonkers?

i know its basically the old fr of a totally configurable control surface plug, but this seems quite close as it is in a different way. even if its feedback on basic stuff exlcuding plugs, its still good.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #135
johnrule

Well, that took longer than I expected, but I have sliders and dials working from my iPod Touch. You can download the latest version of the RTE3 for Windows here (the Linux version will be up tomorrow):

RTE3 Windows Installer

Let me know about anything in particular on any other "i" device and I will see what I can do.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #136
BenK-msx

Hey Johnrule,

trying out your app , mad potential indeed! thanks for letting us at it and it's wonders..

have just tried the reaper example quickly, and wasn't giving me much joy on my ipod touch... initially small in corner, feedback from clock and solo mute etc but not fader, no touch response on the fader.

my guess is that example is slightly out of date now?
obviously user error somewhere along the line...

when i get to have proper go i'll try a landscape oriented layout, seems better to me with the 'pod, not sure why..

do you have any idea on validity of my previous question just out of interest? midi...

cheers
Old 05-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #137
johnrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
Hey Johnrule,

trying out your app , mad potential indeed! thanks for letting us at it and it's wonders..

have just tried the reaper example quickly, and wasn't giving me much joy on my ipod touch... initially small in corner, feedback from clock and solo mute etc but not fader, no touch response on the fader.

my guess is that example is slightly out of date now?
obviously user error somewhere along the line...

when i get to have proper go i'll try a landscape oriented layout, seems better to me with the 'pod, not sure why..

do you have any idea on validity of my previous question just out of interest? midi...

cheers
You need to convert as "Embedded"...this adds the appropriate headers to format the project for "i" device screens. I will do a short demonstration video and put it up on YouTube soon.

In terms of your midi question, I am assuming you want all of this over the network, correct? That means you have to translate midi from the Reaper server to network information. The Reaper web plugin does not do anything like that right now (that I know of) so you have to use a helper app.

You could run another copy of this RTE3 app on the Reaper server that would listen for midi and then convert that to whatever you want, so it is possible. The RTE will listen for midi or network information (basically a server and client) and then you can do some fancy scripting to process any way you like.

I think the Reaper api also allows for this type of customization, so maybe something exists? Either way, the RTE was designed to allow you to easily prototype and experiment to see what you can do.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #138
BenK-msx

cool, cheers for that, will try that out tomorrow, late for bed...

the midi question was initially about just the viability of getting reaper to output midi relating to your chosen feedback states through a normal port to say a midi controller, but i guess further ideas could come with midi over network too...

it seemed to me the framework and tweakability of this plugin,the relatively easy access to most states etc. would be close to a user-configurable control surface plug if you could assign midi outputs/msgs relating to the states, which would of course be quite awesome,
so i could e.g decide that that button that lights up on my controller will light when snap is on or something. or a param level is displayed etc. nothing too crazy just bit of visual feedback.

anyways, different discussion i guess, just wondered it was possible, seems might be... cheers
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #139
johnrule

Quote:
the midi question was initially about just the viability of getting reaper to output midi relating to your chosen feedback states through a normal port to say a midi controller, but i guess further ideas could come with midi over network too...
The communication for the web control is happening through the specialized web server, so you would have to use a helper app to get it to work the way you want.

Here is a quick video I did explaining how to use the RTE3:

Reaper Web Control with the RTE3
Old 05-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #140
inthepipeline

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

Oh boy,
I just shed a tear of happiness!
This is fantastic. Working flawlessly here with my iPad Reaperx64 and XP64 .
Being me, I have no choice but to spend some time working on a nice user interface for this oh so graceful solution for remote control, though I'm too excited at the moment and need to quell my enthusiasm with a west country cider,
Old 05-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #141
johnrule

Quote:
seeing as this fab plugin is sending out lots of realtime info about what reaper is upto - would it be technically viable to add the option or to have an additional similar plugin where a user can configure which & where those realtime reaper feedback messages get sent to, but via midi/sysex for example?
I looked into this and I found an easy solution...you do need the RTE3 running on the Reaper server. Basically, the RTE3 will run not only as another http server (using it's own port of course) but you can then convert the incoming data from the Reaper web server to whatever you want (midi, OSC, RS232, etc).

The good thing about this is that you can also send midi (and other data) to the RTE while it is acting as an http server, so you supplement the Reaper web protocol with the information that is not included.

It works like this:

- Every command that Reaper communicates for track status also gets sent to the RTE server in parallel (so you can use your web interface too).
- In the RTE, you parse that data and determine what you want to do. If it's track feedback information, you can reformat that for your specific purpose and protocol (i.e. send RS232 to a device to activate an "ON AIR" light or something).

The reason you have to do it this way is because the Reaper communication is HTTP specific. The RTE3 server can understand HTTP...but then translate to whatever you want.

Make sense?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #142
BenK-msx

woh... i believe that does make sense, thanks v.much

possibly awesomely powerful or at least v.useful!

hmm, will have to take in that and no doubt ask some further stupid questions later.

to clarify, user would run an instance of your rte3 server/prog that could both deal with talking to a web interface as well as pumping out defined e.g midi msgs relating to (as your example) whether reaper is recording or whether something like 'snap' is activated.

and this would only require 'reformating' some strings?

ok.. so i suppose next q would be could you give an example of a reformated string/setup that can e.g send midi note X channel Y to port Z for a given state?

if its a little tricky/long winded, best not waste time explaining, as I need some spare time to try this properly, but if its a few lines change then uh wow!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #143
johnrule

Quote:
to clarify, user would run an instance of your rte3 server/prog that could both deal with talking to a web interface as well as pumping out defined e.g midi msgs relating to (as your example) whether reaper is recording or whether something like 'snap' is activated.
Yes, you definitely have the right idea, but it will be quite a bit of parsing once you get the data. You should look at the 'Midi to OSC' project to get an idea of what it is like (and there is a video for that too right here).

You also might want to look at the JavaScript that is generated by the RTE. The section that parses the incoming Reaper code is exactly what needs to happen in the RTE since you will be getting raw packets from the Reaper server. I can put that together in an example project, but I think eventually you are going to have to get into the code to do something custom.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #144
BenK-msx

cool. yes a little example file would be a handy start point to see how tricky or not things are to expand i certainly don't mind getting in there once i have an idea of the method.

checked the vid, the javascipt.. hmm will see.
cheers again.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #145
johnrule

Quote:
cool. yes a little example file would be a handy start point to see how tricky or not things are to expand i certainly don't mind getting in there once i have an idea of the method.

checked the vid, the javascipt.. hmm will see.
cheers again.
Have a look at this:

Reaper Web Control to Midi/OSC/RS232

I hope that's what you were looking for...
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #146
BenK-msx

wow - thats some work you've done there! thanks alot for the example setup and the vids too.
I have checked vid, will check the prog properly a bit later... (if its avail!...) it certainly looks the business, though a fair bit to get my head around.

it should be useful for alot of folk of course. particularly those with abilities below 'coder' who can bumble their way through to configure something the way they want it, which i guess was your aim with the whole program.

cheers again

Last edited by BenK-msx; 05-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #147
cyrano

Default Fanntastic!

I was working on something similar, but with Apache. Ditched everything and registered here just because of this plugin. So, yes, this is my first post.

Thanks John, Justin and whoever else is working on this. This is a great plugin and Reaper is a great DAW.
cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #148
drfunkeys

Ths stuff is all very cool. Nolman, can you upload yours if you haven't already? It looks like it'd be easier to use on an ipod touch than the original one (which is still awesome, so thanks everybody).
drfunkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #149
nolman

done : https://stash.reaper.fm/8939/nolmanreaper2.rte

Keep in mind this is an unfinished example, haven't had the time to work on in further.
grtz.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #150
pentecost

haven't boned up on either end enough to make any bold assertions, but in the interest of conversation... given the focus on html5 and javascript in windows 8, this plugin seems to get even more compelling if it's granted more comprehensive control of reaper.
pentecost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #151
Subz

would it be possible to add a "select track" button to each track?

would be extremely useful!

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #152
Youn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subz View Post
would it be possible to add a "select track" button to each track?
yes, it is possible.

See attachment for example files...
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_www_root.zip (121.1 KB, 292 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #153
Subz

Quote:
yes, it is possible.

See attachment for example files...
Why Thank You!!

Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #154
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagonnawantthatcowbell View Post
Yes, this is what I've been doing.

I logged on to my router and got the list of attached devices to get the IP address for the computer with reaper on it. Then on my android phone, using the Dolphin HD browser, I type in http://xxx.xxx.x.x:8808 and no luck, the browser wont connect.

I'm on mac osx. The control is working from the local machine.

EDIT: Scratch that, got it working. Dynamic IP's!
Care to explain how'd you got it to work ? I tried the same thing , using my home router and iphone 3G as router, nothing. Only connects on same computer's browser. Doesn't work on iPad nor iPhone.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #155
Youn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrs View Post
Care to explain how'd you got it to work?
Type "ipconfig /all" at the prompt (cmd.exe). It should give you the info needed. If DHCP is enabled, use the host name, like this:

http://hostname:8808

(but replace "hostname" with whatever it's named on your pc)

Also, check your firewall, it may be blocking port 8808. I don't think that's the default behavior though.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #156
lawrs

Quote:
Type "ipconfig /all" at the prompt (cmd.exe). It should give you the info needed. If DHCP is enabled, use the host name, like this:

http://hostname:8808

(but replace "hostname" with whatever it's named on your pc)

Also, check your firewall, it may be blocking port 8808. I don't think that's the default behavior though.
Unreal! It works. My IP somehow changed on it's own, and I'm rocking on my iPad now. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #157
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
Hey, this is REALLY cool. Works perfectly between my laptop and my iPhone in Atomic browser.

I love that it is all html and java too. That is something I am very familiar with and will be able to tweak and customise. VERY cool.
Hey Dannii!

How's it working with your iPhone? I have one and running Win 7 64bit.

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #158
lawrs

Justin, there's an interesting software called Splashtop (also the name of the company) that uses Google accounts to search for computers' ip. Basically when user signs in with google account, it enables internet discovery, therefore noob users like myself and others who have problem with dynamic ip don't have to worry about setting up their ip, just sign in on the desktop software, and on the mobile device searches for google account emails, and automatically detects the computer's ip.

Perhaps this plugin can benefit from using google account internet discovery function too? Just a suggestion to make it easier for users who are not networking savvy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFX View Post
I might have missed this, but does this API stream sound out aswell? If it did, this has massive potential for remote mixing, could be an opportunity for people to offer one-on-one mixing lessons for willing payers...
Splashtop streams audio from computer to mobile devices (tested on my iPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripgtr View Post
I was looking at the code on the html page and had a thought. Now, I am no coder, but I think this could be done. How about keyboard shortcuts? I would find this really handy when recording. Instead of having to lean over and move the mouse and find the stop button, I could hit the spacebar and stop. I like this app a lot better than VNC and would use it from a laptop.
Keyboard shortcuts are available too on the iPad app.

The desktop server streamer is available on Win & Mac

I had some problems running the Windows desktop streamer (Splashtop streamer server), so if anyone comes across the problem of the software not showing after installation, check this link out : http://support-remote.splashtop.com/...s-will-not-run

The latency on this app isn't terrible. Half a second delay is what I'm hearing.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #159
drfunkeys

Nolman, thanks for posting that. I'm on a mac here at work, am I correct in thinking your file needs to be run through JohnRule's program which is windows only?

I've figured out the basics of adding functions the old school way by editing index.html, but I'd really like a way of having it only display the controls for one track at a time to minimize the amount scrolling on my ipod. Does anyone know how to do that? It'd have track buttons like nolman's last picture post, and hitting one of them would call up the controls for that track. I can survive html, but java's out of my scope other than making small changes to existing code.
drfunkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #160
Metusalem

Default security on reaper_www

this is briliant awesome .but is their any security risk from outsiders to come in at your computer. if so what is there to do... I mean people talks about shutting down firewals ect

Thank you
www.ljudkonst.se
Metusalem is offline   Reply With Quote