Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #1
Gaia
Human being with feelings

Default record via asio,can i hear with my comptuer speakers?

Hi

i have a question , i have setup reaper to record using Asio and my external audio card (dac)

i have some exansive speaker ,i don't want to connect to my dac but i want to keep connected to my computer

in reaper ,in the dac asio driver output i can't select my computer speakers

is there a way to record using asio and hear via my computer speakers?
thanks
Old 07-30-2019, 02:46 AM   #2
domzy

sort of, you can only use one driver at a time, so if you use WASAPI or asio4all you will be able to aggregate your devices.
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Gaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
sort of, you can only use one driver at a time, so if you use WASAPI or asio4all you will be able to aggregate your devices.
hi
well so i have to use wasapi to use my speaker connected to my computer
even under mac is it the same?
thanks
Old 07-31-2019, 12:29 AM   #4
beingmf

There's neither ASIO nor Wasapi on Mac, just Core Audio. Core Audio should put out sound on the internal speakers AFAIK.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:16 AM   #5
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
hi
well so i have to use wasapi to use my speaker connected to my computer
even under mac is it the same?
thanks
No, you could use asio4all instead of WASAPI, and as mentioned above, mac is different.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:17 AM   #6
Gaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
There's neither ASIO nor Wasapi on Mac, just Core Audio. Core Audio should put out sound on the internal speakers AFAIK.
hi
i got it , i use reaper mostly under windows because it works really great
well i will try wasapi under windows
thanks
Old 07-31-2019, 02:44 AM   #7
drumphil

There is no real proper way to do this, because there is no way to transmit wordclock between the different audio devices, so they have no way of staying in sync.

It can sort of work, but it's not recommended.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:13 AM   #8
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Hi

i have a question , i have setup reaper to record using Asio and my external audio card (dac)

i have some exansive speaker ,i don't want to connect to my dac but i want to keep connected to my computer

thanks
That is no problem at all
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #9
Gaia

hi

i tried to use my boss gt-100 and a backing track

seems the only way to do it is direct sound option
to listen the backing track and record with my boss gt-100

wasapi doesn't work , or at least i can't let it work
Old 09-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #10
drumphil

Why exactly don't you want to connect your speakers to your "dac". If it has inputs and outputs, then it is a ADC/DAC, more commonly known as an audio interface.

What audio interface do you have, and why aren't you using both the inputs and outputs is has?

Why would you want to use the audio interface for input, but use something else for output?
Old 09-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #11
domzy

Quote:
hi

wasapi doesn't work , or at least i can't let it work
what is not working exactly?
what mode are you in?
have you selected your input & output devices correctly?

have you tried asio4all?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
Gaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumphil View Post
Why exactly don't you want to connect your speakers to your "dac". If it has inputs and outputs, then it is a ADC/DAC, more commonly known as an audio interface.

What audio interface do you have, and why aren't you using both the inputs and outputs is has?

Why would you want to use the audio interface for input, but use something else for output?
Quote:
what mode are you in?

have you tried asio4all?
hi
the boss gt-100 is a multi effect for guitar
and it has its own asio driver
so i can selecect asio
but
if i add a backing track and another track for my guitar , when i play i listen the backing track and my guitar in my guitar amp
i would like listen the backing track on my computer speaker
thanks
Old 09-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #13
drumphil

OK, I think I get the problem.

Your GT-100 only allows for one output mix.

So if you use its output, you're going to have to choose between having that output monitored through the amp, or your speakers, or both (by splitting the signal with an analog adapter), but you can't send a different mix to both the amp and your speakers.

There are two ways to do what you want.

Split the output from the GT-100 so that it goes to your amp and into your audio interface (I'm assuming that you aren't calling your GT-100 your audio interface. Exactly what audio interface do you have?). The the amp gets the guitar sound, the audio interface records the guitar sound, and reaper sends the backing track through the outputs of your audio interface and into your speakers.

Or, if your audio interface has multiple outputs, you can run from the GT-100 into reaper, and then send just the guitar input track back out to the amp, and assign the backing tracks to another output that goes to your speakers.

The basic problem is that you want two different signals, one for your amp, and one for the speakers, and your GT-100 doesn't have multiple independent outputs, and you can't solve this by using your computers built in outputs as a second send.

So you either need to split in the analog realm before you get to the computer, or use an audio interface with multiple independent outputs to achieve the split.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-08-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #14
Gaia

Quote:
OK, I think I get the problem.

Your GT-100 only allows for one output mix.

So if you use its output, you're going to have to choose between having that output monitored through the amp, or your speakers, or both (by splitting the signal with an analog adapter), but you can't send a different mix to both the amp and your speakers.

There are two ways to do what you want.

Split the output from the GT-100 so that it goes to your amp and into your audio interface (I'm assuming that you aren't calling your GT-100 your audio interface. Exactly what audio interface do you have?). The the amp gets the guitar sound, the audio interface records the guitar sound, and reaper sends the backing track through the outputs of your audio interface and into your speakers.

Or, if your audio interface has multiple outputs, you can run from the GT-100 into reaper, and then send just the guitar input track back out to the amp, and assign the backing tracks to another output that goes to your speakers.

The basic problem is that you want two different signals, one for your amp, and one for the speakers, and your GT-100 doesn't have multiple independent outputs, and you can't solve this by using your computers built in outputs as a second send.

So you either need to split in the analog realm before you get to the computer, or use an audio interface with multiple independent outputs to achieve the split.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.
hi
wait , i connect my boss gt-100 via usb ,it own its asio driver
now , all the tracks will sound via my boss gt-100 and my guitar amp
so even a voice ,well i will hear on my guitar amp , that's the problem
i would like to listen my guitar via boss and guitar amp and all the other tracks via pc speakers

i have Focusrite, Scarlett 2I2 2Nd Generation , but i use seldom

how can i do it?
Quote:
Split the output from the GT-100 so that it goes to your amp and into your audio interface (I'm assuming that you aren't calling your GT-100 your audio interface
do you mean connect my gt-100 to my Focusrite Scarlett 2I2? But it's a non sense

i have in past used always my boss gt-100 asio , but if i select in reaper -> audio system ->directsound in (boss gt-100 ) and output my audio card , i can hear my guitar only in my amp ,and rest on my speakers

i can use directsound but not wasapi (it doesn't accept imput , don't know why)
thanks drumphil , appreciate you help sorry for my poor english

Last edited by Gaia; 09-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #15
drumphil

Quote:
i have in past used always my boss gt-100 asio , but if i select in reaper -> audio system ->directsound in (boss gt-100 ) and output my audio card , i can hear my guitar only in my amp ,and rest on my speakers
Yeah, but you'll have timing problems due to the high latency of directsound. (EDIT: see below)*

The correct answer isn't trying to make wasapi work. The correct way is to split the analog output from the GT-100 so that it goes to both your guitar amp and focusrite audio interface, and then in reaper only output the backing tracks to the output of the focusrite, and connect that to your speakers.

So you end up with:

................./-->Focusrite Input-->Reaper(Guitar is now recorded)-->Focusrite Output (backing track only)-->Speaker Input-->noise out of your speakers.
GT-100-->--
.................\-->Guitar Amp Input-->noise out of your guitar amp.

So the amp gets the guitar signal, and the focusrite records the guitar signal.

The speakers get the backing tracks only, because in reaper you only send the backing tracks to the Focusrite outputs.

You can't do this using the Gt-100 USB ASIO interface.

If you had an audio interface with more outputs you could do it like this:

.................................................. ../-->Focusrite Output 1 (Guitar Only)-->Amp Input-->Noise out of your amp.
GT-100-->Focusrite Input-->Reaper-->
.................................................. ..\-->Focusrite Output 2-->Speakers (Backing Tracks Only)-->Noise out of your speakers.

But that requires having two separate outputs, and your focusrite only has one stereo output. You could still do it, but then you'd have a mono output to your speakers.

EDIT: Lol, finally got the block diagram formatting right. Can be a pain to do in text.

The main difference between the two methods is that the first requires a split before the audio interface and reaper, but the second does the split inside reaper, but requires more audio outputs than your focusrite has, unless you are happy to do without stereo in your speakers.

* This may actually work somewhat, because you are directly monitoring the guitar through the amp, so the latency shouldn't matter so much, but the timing wont be perfect, and the clocks of the two devices aren't linked and will drift out of time with each other. The solutions I've listed above are superior.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-08-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #16
Gaia

Quote:
what mode are you in?

have you tried asio4all?
hi
wasapi gave me the usual error , while studio 4 plus trial work perfecly

why i can use wasapi on reaper ?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:38 AM   #17
serr

Quote:
Hi

thanks
Let me restate that first clearing up some of the terms:

You have two audio interfaces at your disposal. The built-in audio interface that's part of the computer logic board and your external audio interface. (Actually... you called your second interface both a "card" and "external". You might want to clarify which it is.) Anyway though, you have two audio interfaces.

It sounds like you are saying you wish to keep your expensive speakers connected to the built-in audio interface on your computer instead of the external interface that you normally use to record. And then you want to use both at the same time.

The problem you have come upon is how to use two audio interfaces together when you can only select one or the other in your DAW app (Reaper).

You make what's called an aggregate device with your OS audio utility. (This is not done in the DAW app.) Then you select the aggregate device instead of one or the other single devices in Reaper. Use the ASIO utility to do this (or Audio MIDI Setup if a Mac).

There's a second step required here to sync the multiple digital devices to the same sample rate clock. It's a little complicated by the fact that one of these interfaces is built-in to the computer and thus has no clock connections. What usually works is to make the built-in interface clock master and make the external interface clock to the built-in interface over the data connection. This usually works at SD sample rates but often not at HD sample rates.

There are more threads around here to look up regarding aggregate device setups.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #18
Gaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Let me restate that first clearing up some of the terms:

You have two audio interfaces at your disposal. The built-in audio interface that's part of the computer logic board and your external audio interface. (Actually... you called your second interface both a "card" and "external". You might want to clarify which it is.) Anyway though, you have two audio interfaces.

It sounds like you are saying you wish to keep your expensive speakers connected to the built-in audio interface on your computer instead of the external interface that you normally use to record. And then you want to use both at the same time.

The problem you have come upon is how to use two audio interfaces together when you can only select one or the other in your DAW app (Reaper).

You make what's called an aggregate device with your OS audio utility. (This is not done in the DAW app.) Then you select the aggregate device instead of one or the other single devices in Reaper. Use the ASIO utility to do this (or Audio MIDI Setup if a Mac).

There's a second step required here to sync the multiple digital devices to the same sample rate clock. It's a little complicated by the fact that one of these interfaces is built-in to the computer and thus has no clock connections. What usually works is to make the built-in interface clock master and make the external interface clock to the built-in interface over the data connection. This usually works at SD sample rates but often not at HD sample rates.

There are more threads around here to look up regarding aggregate device setups.
hi
but just have tried the trial version of studio one 4 and it works great via asio and explusive wasapi
can't understand why wasapi doesn't work with reaper
it doesn't why i can' t use wasapi with reaper and with other daw it 's not a issue

thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #19
drumphil

You're mixing up mac and pc terminology, an regardless, there is no proper way to make this work effectively.

Quote:
There is no way to do this without some resampling going on, on the fly, and this causes latency. This isn't an issue that works or not depending on sample rates.

Quote:
over the data connection.
What data connection?

The correct way to do this is to either split the signals in the analog realm where such considerations don't matter, or to use a single audio interface with enough inputs and outputs to allow the splitting to be done inside reaper. Or, if you are going to aggregate audio devices, have a wordclock link between them to keep them in sync without having to use resampling, or use resampling which creates a mixture of latency and fidelity issues.

The wordclock link solution is not possible with the gear he has, and software that is capable of aggregating devices in windows, like ASIO4ALL, has no resampling capabilities to deal with a lack of wordclock transmission between devices.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #20
Gaia

hi
just tried Ableton Live and fl studio , and again i can use asio or wasapi without problem

reaper seems to have some issues with wasapi
i guess i will never get it work , wasapi ,input my guitar , output my speaker
even i have watched some videos on youtube and read many threads in this forum

thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
drumphil

Yeah, well, some programs may let you do it the wrong way and not completely fail at the task, but that doesn't mean that you should do it that way.

Have I made any sense to you explaining what the issues are, and why you should split in the analog domain, or use an interface with sufficient I/O channels to split in the digital realm inside reaper?

Short version is:

Stop trying to use two audio interfaces at the same time, and either:

1: Split the signal coming out of your guitar pedal so that it goes to your guitar amp and to your focusrite audio interface at the same time, and tell reaper not to live monitor the guitar input from the focusrite, or:

2: Get an audio interface with more outputs so that you can tell reaper to send just the guitar pedal input to the guitar amp, and send just the backing tracks to your speakers that will be connected to the second set of outputs from your new audio interface that has enough outputs to do what you want.

I'm not sure if there is a language barrier thing going on here, but I'm not sure how much more simply I can explain it.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
Gaia

Quote:
Yeah, well, some programs may let you do it the wrong way and not completely fail at the task, but that doesn't mean that you should do it that way.

Have I made any sense to you explaining what the issues are, and why you should split in the analog domain, or use an interface with sufficient I/O channels to split in the digital realm inside reaper?
HI
so in reaper i got always this error "could not find input device"
i won't try to search how to use it
yes i got it , but with others software let me do it
here they are talking about it ,maybe i could try an older version just to give a try
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=199153
thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #23
drumphil

Why don't you just split the output from your pedal into the amp and into your focusrite input, tell reaper play your backing tracks but not your guitar input through the focusrite ouptuts into your speakers and be done with it?

For bonus points, if you like the sound of your guitar amp, why not put a microphone in front of it, and connect that to an input on your focusrite interface and do it that way?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #24
Gaia

Quote:
Why don't you just split the output from your pedal into the amp and into your focusrite input, tell reaper play your backing tracks but not your guitar input through the focusrite ouptuts into your speakers and be done with it?
hi
because the sounds worse , better connect it via usb
i tried to plug into my dac imput ,but don't like the sound ,better via usb
but i 'm sure it worked on a older version ,seeing i have used it in the past
thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #25
drumphil

If the sound from your guitar pedal is noticeably better from it's USB output than it is from it's line out, then it's a shitty design. Get a better pedal.

There is nothing wrong with the line input quality on the focusrite interface, so if it sounds bad, the pedal is most likely to blame.

Or is this an issue of getting stereo from the USB part, but only mono from the line out? Are you using one or two cables to connect the output of the guitar pedal to your focusrite audio interface when you try it that way?

It seems to me that you are looking for a way to bodge it.

From wiktionary.org

Bodge:

"To do a clumsy or inelegant job, usually as a temporary repair; mend, patch up, repair."

There are "right" ways to do this job, and the methods you are trying aren't in that category.

If having the sound go through your guitar amp is important to you, presumably because it sounds good, then why wouldn't your just put a microphone in front of it and record it that way? If you aren't that into the sound coming out of your guitar amp, then why do you care about getting sound to come out of it and out of your other speakers at the same time?

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #26
Gaia

Quote:
If the sound from your guitar pedal is noticeably better from it's USB output than it is from it's line out, then it's a shitty design. Get a better pedal.

There is nothing wrong with the line input quality on the focusrite interface, so if it sounds bad, the pedal is most likely to blame.

Or is this an issue of getting stereo from the USB part, but only mono from the line out? Are you using one or two cables to connect the output of the guitar pedal to your focusrite audio interface when you try it that way?

It seems to me that you are looking for a way to bodge it.

From wiktionary.org

Bodge:

"To do a clumsy or inelegant job, usually as a temporary repair; mend, patch up, repair."

There are "right" ways to do this job, and the methods you are trying aren't in that category.

If having the sound go through your guitar amp is important to you, presumably because it sounds good, then why wouldn't your just put a microphone in front of it and record it that way? If you aren't that into the sound coming out of your guitar amp, then why do you care about getting sound to come out of it and out of your other speakers at the same time?
hi
it doesn't bad , but via usb sound really better ,close to me ,they are working on a building and there is an electric noise
but my question is just about wasapi ,that's all
thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #27
serr

Quote:
hi
but just have tried the trial version of studio one 4 and it works great via asio and explusive wasapi
it doesn't why i can' t use wasapi with reaper and with other daw it 's not a issue

thanks
There may be a default setting in Studio One that you have to set manually in Reaper? Only a guess.

There are also a couple other workarounds.
Selecting <default audio device> in Reaper uses whatever your OS audio is doing. That's the default selection in Reaper FYI. (Not the first choice for stability, however. Selecting an interface directly is recommended.)
Then there's the "legacy (not recommended)" option to select a 2nd audio interface separately form the main interface selection for a separate output device.

After that if there's something Windows specific, one of the Windows gurus will be more help. (Mac user here.)

But if you're doing aggregate device, manage your sample rate clock connections and settings. That's the bit that often gets overlooked and you'll get shut down just as quickly on a Mac as Windows.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #28
drumphil

Balanced shielded audio interconnects are usually the solutions to such noise problems. You may have some luck avoiding these issues by doing things the wrong way, using multiple audio devices at the same time so that you can get USB inputs from your pedal while using a different audio device for outputs, but I can't help you with that, and it usually doesn't work.

Quote:
one of the Windows gurus will be more help.
Well, I ain't no guru, but I can tell you that in windows there is no proper way to synchronize two audio devices that don't have a wordclock link, without some kind of resampling by at least one of the audio devices, or through software resampling. I think Dante is the only system that actually does this.

I seem to remember something about a resampling option in Mac aggregated audio devices (or was that just in soundflower?) to deal with this exact issue.

Although, the old soundblaster and audigy line of sound cards did resampling on the fly in hardware to allow for spdif inputs without having to lock to the clock of one of the spdif inputs.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #29
serr

Quote:
There is no way to do this without some resampling going on, on the fly, and this causes latency. This isn't an issue that works or not depending on sample rates.

What data connection?
It's a little bit of a stretch to make it work.
The data connection is the firewire/USB/TB connection.
There is no word clock connection available for a built-in logic board interface or even a digital audio input to clock from. So strictly speaking, resampling will not work and will lead to dropouts and eventual audio driver crash.

Make the built-in system clock master and make the external audio interface chase that over the data connection. The clock circuits in pro interfaces are made to do this as a feature (for dealing with noisy clock connections in broadcast and such). It will depend on how robust this is in the interface in question.

I can get a stable sync at SD sample rates all day long.
If I try this at 96k with my Apogee Rosetta in aggregate with Soundflower and thus my built-in audio interface, I get a hiccup here and there but mostly hours of uninterrupted home theater use.

Try to make the Apogee master and have the built-in chase it over the data connection? 20 minutes at most before a crash.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #30
drumphil

I think you may be misunderstanding what the point of real time resampling is when talking about word clocks.

If you have an old Audigy sound card, which has multiple SPDIF inputs, the SPDIF inputs are resampled on the fly, so it doesn't matter if the clock rate of the individual SPDIF sources vary from each other, or if they vary from the internal clock of the Audigy DSP. There is no data link communicating the wordclock from the sources to the internals of the Audigy DSP. It just gets the resampled input that is now lined up with its own internal clock.

In that sense, digital inputs can be treated like analog inputs, where the differing clocks don't matter, so long as you're prepared to deal with some sort of fidelity or latency (usually a trade off) penalty, which is the cost of the on the fly resampling.

The options are:

The correct way, with wordclock links so everything stays in sync.

No wordclock link, so things glitch after an amount of time.

Or, resampling, which doesn't need a wordclock link, and doesn't glitch, but has a fidelity or latency penalty. This can be done in hardware or software. The hardware solution in the EMU 10k and 20k chips (Soundblaster Live and Audigy) solved this with a low latency but somewhat low fidelity hardware resampling method.

Or at least that's how I understand things.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #31
domzy

Quote:

thanks
what is your samplerate in Reaper & what is the samplerate in Windows? Maybe they aren't set to the same?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:31 PM   #32
drumphil

Quote:
what is your samplerate in Reaper & what is the samplerate in Windows? Maybe they aren't set to the same?
Or it could be that the GT-100 usb interface and the other interface are set to different sample rates in the windows sound control panel.

I wonder if using exclusive mode rather than shared mode, so that reaper sets the sample rate for the audio interfaces, rather than trying to follow the default format as set in the windows sound control panel, would solve this?

If the other apps that work with this setup use exclusive mode, that might explain why they are working and reaper isn't.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-17-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #33
Gaia

hi

well i found out
wasapi exclusive works , i had to set the right samplerate
weird i can not rise up as i want
i can't use 48k and 32bit

i guess ableton live and fl studio have their asio interface , and they work as default in the way to listen via speakers always
but their interface was terrible and pricy , while reaper it's amazing and i can afford it
thanks to all , maybe it could usefull for everybody
Old 09-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #34
drumphil

I'm pretty sure the GT-100 is limited to 44.1K.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #35
Gaia

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the GT-100 is limited to 44.1K.
hi
it's gt-1000 , why do you consider a bad effect board ?
yesterday i tried to connect via my dac and sound good as via usb
but the sound is a bit dull

seriously fl studio and ableton live and studio one 4 work perfecly with asio , i guess they their asio interface, but when you play or have a backing track , you hear in the speakers , don't know why reaper is so different

but i don't like them , i don't like their gui , and they are so exansive
thanks Drumphil , appreciate your help
Old 09-19-2019, 02:35 AM   #36
domzy

Quote:
seriously fl studio and ableton live and studio one 4 work perfecly with asio , i guess they their asio interface, but when you play or have a backing track , you hear in the speakers , don't know why reaper is so different
This can't be true, you must be using a different driver in these other softwares then. The same asio driver will give the same in / out capabilities across DAWs.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:49 AM   #37
Gaia

Quote:
This can't be true, you must be using a different driver in these other softwares then. The same asio driver will give the same in / out capabilities across DAWs.
hi
i have download them trial version
fl studio during the installation , has fl studio asio driver + asio4all
tried it , and stop it the installation if you don't want to install it
sadly i have uninstalled it so i can 't provide screenshots
Old 09-19-2019, 03:01 AM   #38
domzy

Quote:
hi
i have download them trial version
fl studio during the installation , has fl studio asio driver + asio4all
tried it , and stop it the installation if you don't want to install it
sadly i have uninstalled it so i can 't provide screenshots
ok, so it is using a different driver - asio4all - so the result is different. it was suggested earlier in this thread for you to use asio4all in Reaper to get the same result.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:19 AM   #39
Gaia

Quote:
ok, so it is using a different driver - asio4all - so the result is different. it was suggested earlier in this thread for you to use asio4all in Reaper to get the same result.
hi
no , because i remember i haven't installed fl studio with asio4all but i have enabled fl studio asio , i tried the last verion v20
but the gui is a mess for me
thanks
Old 09-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #40
drumphil

Quote:
hi
it's gt-1000 , why do you consider a bad effect board ?
yesterday i tried to connect via my dac and sound good as via usb
but the sound is a bit dull

but i don't like them , i don't like their gui , and they are so exansive
thanks Drumphil , appreciate your help
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure the reason you have to set the sample rate to 44.1K is because that is the only sample rate supported by the GT-100. That isn't a problem. It just means you know you have to work at 44.1K if you want to use the USB interface in your GT-100.

I'm not criticizing the GT-100. It is just unfortunate for your workflow that because the GT-100 either has relatively poor analog outputs, or causes problems due to ground loops and noise ingestion when connected to the focusrite interface because it's outputs are unbalanced, that it prevents you from getting a very good recording when it would otherwise be possible without using the internal USB interface in the GT-100.

If USB input solves the problem, then something in the DAC converter or analog electronics stage is to blame for it not working as well when using the analog output.

I think it unlikely that the quality of the inputs in the focusrite interface is to blame. I'd be surprised if that was responsible for it not sounding as good.

Last edited by drumphil; 09-19-2019 at 08:09 AM.