Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #41
Kommit
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Please state your Mac model [incl. Retina or not] and if you have SWS extensions or other helper software installed.

There is a problem with large loads. That could be hardware related, as a crashing program shouldn't be able to take OSX out. Let alone, restarting the Mac.

Meanwhile I've seen the restarting problem on one machine that doesn't run Reaper. That machine however, has plenty of old software on it. Stuff like Fuse, dating back to 10.6.8. An old Fuse will not run on El Capital.

A tool you can use to make an annotated report, is EtreCheck:

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Please post the listing here, so we can check if any other software might be causing this.
Thanks for your suggestion. Attachments are the report generated by EtreCheck, and the crash report generated by OS X after reboot. Hope these help you locating the cause of the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CrashReport.txt (7.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: txt EtreCheck.txt (36.9 KB, 2119 views)
Kommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:56 AM   #42
cyrano

You seem to have a lot of old software in your system...

PACE support going back to Tiger, a PenTabletDriver, leftovers from a SilverLight install, FUSE, DNScrypt, intelhaxm...

Quote:
Fault CR2: 0x0000000000000008, Error code: 0x0000000000000000, Fault CPU: 0x4, PL: 2
Should indicate that you need to clean out your Virtual Box installation and install the latest version. It could also indicate a problem with the ram in your machine. But I suppose other apps show no problems?

However,

The system is so heavily infested with older third-party software that, instead of trying to remove the modifications piecemeal, you should erase the startup volume, reinstall OS X, and then go through the initial setup process, restoring only user data and settings from a TM backup — NO applications or other files.

This procedure will be easier than trying to clean up a messy system.
cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #43
T:R:C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Please state your Mac model [incl. Retina or not] and if you have SWS extensions or other helper software installed.

There is a problem with large loads. That could be hardware related, as a crashing program shouldn't be able to take OSX out. Let alone, restarting the Mac.

Meanwhile I've seen the restarting problem on one machine that doesn't run Reaper. That machine however, has plenty of old software on it. Stuff like Fuse, dating back to 10.6.8. An old Fuse will not run on El Capital.

A tool you can use to make an annotated report, is EtreCheck:

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Please post the listing here, so we can check if any other software might be causing this.
I would have but I'm already reverted back. Not going through that again.
T:R:C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #44
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
I believe most DAWs are having a rough time with El Capitan - something about it causing interface problems. Apple are supposedly working on it.
For sure, even Apple own Logic X is buggy and jerky as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqUHfjD6qWc
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #45
vanhaze

whahahaha
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote