Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
airon
Human being with feelings

Default New Controller for MCU/HUI protocol incoming

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH.aspx

Not out yet, but one can slightly drool at the specs already. 100mm touch-sensitive motor faders. Given Behringers price range this might be interesting for lots of folks. There's a version with less buttons and without the scribble script and ethernet as well.

X-Touch (big unit pictured below) is planned to be $599, the X-Touch compact $399 and the little one (encoders + 1 60mm fader) is $99.

Soundonsound.com has a video about the units here:

X-Touch COMPACT (probably the one I'd pick because of the extra encoders and extra layer)

Last edited by airon; 01-25-2014 at 07:46 PM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
EvilDragon

I know I want one Just dunno which one. The full sized one is better for mixer control, the compact one has more encoders... I wonder if on full sized one we can use it like a BCF/BCR, so freely assign controllers to MIDI CC/sysex etc...

Last edited by EvilDragon; 01-26-2014 at 09:02 AM.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
pcmusicpro

I´ve been stuck on ProTools because I can´t live without my Command 8. When working with Reaper always missed the control surface. I hope this will be the perfect solution for controlling Reaper. I guess I´m going to sell my Command 8 since the new X Touch should work with PT and Reaper.

Can´t wait!
pcmusicpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
airon

As you can offset control surfaces in what tracks they display, it shouldn't be hard to combine the X-Touch with the compact via the USB extension jacks.

One can hope that this is a decent equivalent to the MCU. The faders will be the crux. The test seems nicely done, as the MCU has jack-sucking-stilts it terms of colour coding to ease the navigation.

The compact has two layers. I'm hoping it'll present itself as one device per layer, so I can frolic about with the knobs for plugin or other funny controls on the second layer.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 AM   #5
winds350

I'm intrigued by the MOTOR keyboards. Semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, arp, 9 motorized faders, 8 rotary encoders, 8 drum pads, transport controls.

Looking at the brochure, 4 separate bank selectors each for the faders, knobs, and pads.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/MOTOR-61.aspx
winds350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #6
milosh

looks very interesting..
I'm curious how it will integrate with reaper..
milosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #7
BorsingPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds350 View Post
I'm intrigued by the MOTOR keyboards. Semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, arp, 9 motorized faders, 8 rotary encoders, 8 drum pads, transport controls.

Looking at the brochure, 4 separate bank selectors each for the faders, knobs, and pads.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/MOTOR-61.aspx

I' interested in the above as well and as i use NI's Komplete 8/9 (10) Ultimate I'll probably invest in their 61 Komplete keyboard.. Does anyone know if those LED's light up during MIDI playback of an already recorded MIDI track? Would be potentially helpful for me since I have lot' of songs to re learn and practice..