Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-31-2020, 02:40 AM   #1
CoffeeQuest
Human being with feelings

Default How to manage files that end up in AppData/Local/Temp (windows)

Maybe this is just relevant to UVI products, I'm not sure.
I have UVI workstation, which enable the user to drag and drop UVI audio files from the VST into the timeline in Reaper.
These files are (I think) copied from the soundbank and ends up as wav files in the directory: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp

I would like not to clutter this directory with wav file, but I don't see a way to change the file destination in either the UVI Workstation or in Reaper.

This leaves me with the option of either using "Save as" and ticking off "Move all media into project directory", but I don't want all the project media to be moved as I usually just reference (instead of copy into project directory) the files in my sound library. Accidentally moving files out of my sound library would be very bad, so this is not an option I would like to incorporate into my workflow.

Otherwise I can manually move wav files once in a while or set up something that automatically moves wav files out of the Temp folder, but this feels clunky.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?
Thanks!
CoffeeQuest is offline   Reply With Quote