Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
Soma Jones
Human being with feelings

Default How to open the MIDI Editor in a Screenset?

I have saved screensets for the all the other various views I use but I cannot figure out how to open the MIDI editor with a screen set or without having to select a MIDI item first.

I suspect this is what they are trying to explain on page 211 of the user guide:

"For any particular project, however, this will only be applied if that particular window exists in that project."

I cannot understand why it should not be possible to open the MIDI editor with a keystroke and then decide which track you want to edit.

Like most of the roadblocks I hit with Reaper I assume I'm misunderstanding something.
Soma Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:55 AM   #2
xpander

I have saved my MIDI editor screenset following way: Open an existing MIDI item, set the window how I like it, save the screenset. After that this specific screenset works even without any existing MIDI items in the project.

But this will only work when all project MIDI items are set to open in one editor. Preferences/MIDI editor/ One MIDI editor per: project.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
jnif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
I have saved my MIDI editor screenset following way: Open an existing MIDI item, set the window how I like it, save the screenset. After that this specific screenset works even without any existing MIDI items in the project.

But this will only work when all project MIDI items are set to open in one editor. Preferences/MIDI editor/ One MIDI editor per: project.
Is this still working in Reaper v6?

I saved a screenset where I have a docked MIDI editor open.
Then I opened a new empty project in another tab and loaded the screenset in that new project. Now in MIDI editor I see a MIDI item from the first project and I can also edit the MIDI item. When I switch back to the previous project tab, I can see the MIDI item edits I did in the new project! This cannot be right.

Is there some way to save just MIDI editor position, not the contents? And not leak data between projects?

jnif
jnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:11 PM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnif View Post
Is this still working in Reaper v6?
That stopped working during v5 already. I just tried it anew and still the same, no go. The window set I try to load will resize the docked Mixer to same size as the open MIDI editor window was, that's all. It does work opening the MIDI editor within the project where I re-saved the window set, but stops working as soon as I load a new project.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote