Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
h8_ewe
Human being with feelings

Default "Can't Open Audio File" - weird problem, 2.46

I have been blissfully using Reap on PC's for a while, but just scored a cheap Mac Mini and decided to give Reaper on Mac a go.

I'm having a pretty fundamental problem right away - each time I'm finished recording an audio track (upon clicking stop, in fact) the waveform I just recorded disappears and the application throws an error ("Can't Open Audio File" I think is what is says) and pretty much crashes after that.

The files are getting recorded and saved to the correct directory but it seems like REAPER can't find it as soon as it finishes recording it. In fact, if I open the recorded .wav file with iTunes or something, it is recorded correctly and sounds fine. Reaper just doesn't want to recognize it or open it.

If I immediately try to record another take, everything pretty much freezes after that, requiring a reboot.

Also, if I try to import a .wav or.aiff file from another folder or project, I get the same error basically.

This could all be something really simple - like I said, I'm new to Macs. Also, my system isn't exactly cutting edge, but that shouldn't make a difference in this case.

System is - Mac Mini / G4 1.25 / 1 GB / OS X 10.5
h8_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote