Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
sapro
Human being with feelings

Default Works fine in one profile, crashes in another

Running Reaper 64 v4.25 on Mac OSX 10.7.4

I have two profiles on the computer, one that's my dedicated recording account and the other my default account I use for everything else.

When I open Reaper in my "recording" account, everything opens and runs fine.

When I open Reaper in my regular account, I get two crash messages, both saying "reaper_host_i386 quit unexpectedly"

I only run one VST - Addictive Drums. I'm using it without problems in my recording account but since the host is crashing on my other account, obviously it doesn't work there. According to the "loading" window, this is what is loading at the time of the crashes.

Anyone else experience this?
sapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Snap

Have you repaired permissions and cleaned caches yet?

Then try the old method. Drag the file com.cockos.reaper.plist inside your User/Library/Preferences folder to anywhere else, your desktop will be fine. Then run Reaper and see what happens. (You can drop it back again in place and overwrite the new created preferences file to recover the old ones).

If the problem persists. It might be a conflict with any other app you use in this general use account and not in the Audio account. If the problem started a short time back, Try to remember anything you installed lately. Check if the latest installs left anything in the Application Support folders in your libraries. Drag the suspect folder away from the libraries (user and/or system) and launch Reaper. Try to find the conflict this way.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
sapro

I repaired permissions, no help.

I don't seem to have a com.cockos.reaper.plist file ... I searched in the preferences folder as well as a system-wide search, and it didn't find anything.

Edit: It looks like this is tied to a specific project file. I have others I can open without crashes and my VST works fine. I'll chalk this one up to weirdness and put it to bed, I can always recreate that project if I need to.

Last edited by sapro; 08-08-2012 at 10:03 AM.
sapro is offline   Reply With Quote